DeathscytheX

Godzilla anime coming to Netflix

This plot sounds amazing to me. It'll be such a drastic change for the Godzilla franchise it might finally make me forget about the Godzilla cartoon.. I don't want to put a link to a video of that cartoon because it would diminish the quality of this topic. -_-;

I would also love for baby Godzilla to be re-introduced in this anime in some kind of bad ass form so I can forget this version ever existed:

babygodzilla.gif

XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

14 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

This plot sounds amazing to me. It'll be such a drastic change for the Godzilla franchise it might finally make me forget about the Godzilla cartoon.. I don't want to put a link to a video of that cartoon because it would diminish the quality of this topic. -_-;

The one with Godzooky or the one with Nigel?

I liked them both, but couldn't get Volume 3 of the one with Godzooky.

The one with Nigel had more episodes despite it being based off of GINO/Zilla 1998.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

The Godzooky series.. It was so horrible. x_x I'd rather watch Thundar the Barbarian again. XD

Godzilla: The Series was good but I never finished it because it because of my schedule at the time and I didn't have DVR back then. Nigel the robot died so often it was the equivilant of Kenny from South Park. XD

On 4/3/2017 at 7:29 AM, DeathscytheX said:

ROTFLMAO what about Jet Jaguar? XD

Damn it. The recent Godzilla movie made me forget this ever existed.. now I remember. Now I know what it's like for those characters in It to remember something horrible from their youth. XD

This is such a great news for those who love Godzilla. I must say that the last film was not too impressive, but will definitely watch this anime series. 

"Life doesn't have to be so planned. Just roll with it and let it happen."

Are you talking about the US one (I liked it), or Shin Godzilla that was made by the Evangelion guy? I read over what happened in Shin Godzilla and it was bizarre as hell, then when I realized who's vision it was it made sense. I still want to watch it.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The last US one was decent, but after I watched it again and realized the marine guy was Kick-Ass, I couldn't unsee it. XD I do wish more movies would lay off the 'main actor is in the army/navy/marines and the girlfriend is a nurse/doctor/medical professional' Godzilla and Battleship both did it as well as countless other b-movies.

I still haven't seen Shin Godzilla. The trailer looked good for it but I never got around to downloading it.

It is dubbed, but Its def not the best dub I've ever heard. Maybe its just the main character that feels uninspired. Overall its was ok, the last 15 minutes is the best part. Seeing as this is "Part 1" I feel they spent too much time going over the theory of relativity and how much time had past on Earth despite only being gone 20 years. The first hour is spend on humanity bickering about the state of things, the last 30+ minutes is actually doing something about it. The trailer made it seem like this was MONSTER PLANET, but is really just Godzilla and some metal pterodactyls. A lot of tropes and cliche moments, and in the end, I'm ready for Part 2 because it seems like it will be the movie we thought this one was going to be. There is a post credits scene as well.

I finally got around to watching this last night. It was decent. The main character has no personality tho. Its like hes there just to push his plot line of how to kill godzilla and thats its. Most of the characters are very bland with no personal goals, etc. Sure they all live on a spaceship, but everyone is basically cookie cutter characters. Aside from them all having unique hairstyles they could have all come off an assembly line. lol. The ending was good and I'm looking forward to part 2.

Spoiler

They never found a planet to move to and came back to earth.. they'd have been better off orbiting earth for 20 years and then did their attack on godzilla. Instead they're more screwed than when they left the planet initially.

The action was good at the end, but all the human characters are so meh. Either i've been getting spoiled by top tier animation like Violent Evergarden and My Hero Academia, or the CGI was worse than last time. The characters felt so janky at times. Like I felt nothing at the end, and the whole nano-metal angle is bizarre.