DeathscytheX

My Hero Academia Season 2 SimulDub

YESSSSSS!! Season 1 was so good. I'm so glad this is a SimulDub and I don't have to wait for the whole broadcast for it to be all dubbed. I hope they do this with AoT Season 2 too, but if CN gets the air rights to it they won't. -_-; I hate Toonami now because of stuff like that. Dragonball Super probably wont be dubbed on Funi streaming for another year.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Wow a trailer for just an arc. XD Well this season already has more episodes than AoT S2. The first part focused on the Sports Festival Tournament. I really like how this series paced it. All the fights were pretty short and to the point. Two or three minor character matches fit into one episode. No lengthy conversations or life story flashbacks just to extend the scene. There were some flashbacks, but they were short and to the point and often occurred at the end of a match when someone was getting knocked out, rather than mid fight causing a spectacular second wind. (There is no power of friendship here! XD) This series has a great balance of Action/Comedy/Feels. Even though its a "school anime" its not really a school since they are constantly training and all the teachers are professional super heroes. To me, it deserves all the hype and accolades its getting. The quality of animation its extremely good along with the music.

http://deadline.com/2017/07/sony-pictures-tv-networks-acquires-majority-stake-funimation-japanese-anime-1202139652/

Sony Pictures just bought them. I hope this doesn't cause a price increase in the service or have them bundle with with some bullshit Sony streaming to justify a price increase. They just lowered the price this year which I thought was pretty awesome, even if it was already cheap to begin with. Sony already owns Aniplex which Funi has dubbed a lot of material from. So maybe it will be a good thing, maybe not.

I'm sure Kissanime has it. XD I'm not sure about its legality but I watched all of Paranoia Agent on it, dubbed, with out issue. They do make you turn off your adblocker though, to let one pop up happen per ep. And yes the big blonde muscular hero is voiced by Christopher Sabat in a very Armstrong-Esque manner. XD

I finally finished season 2. I feel like the Hero Killer arc was the strongest part of the season. I thought the last arc should have been the first, and the first the second or even last. Overall it was still excellent. This is still the best anime out right now IMO. I never thought I'd say that about a school anime, even though the don't spend much time in the class room besides setting up the next plot. I like the faster pace of the fights, they barely ever last over two episodes, and when they do its normally because a fight started late in the first ep and spills over into the next ep. The sports festival and the final exams were done extremely well. The exams were handled like the festival where 2-3 fights were put into each episode, with very little time put into significant flash backs. I look forward to Season 3.

I must say the Midoriya/Bakugou fight was quite excellent in animation quality. Its nice to finally see some type of development for Bakugou as his constant angryman persona made him the weakest character of the show next to Mineta. There's actually a person inside of all that. Hopefully they continue developing him because he's needed it bad for a while.

It's about the only development you'll get for this season (sadly I have nothing left to watch as the season ended Saturday) as he's kinda put off to the side after that but I will admit it was needed, I really don't like him as a character but I'm happy they finally started to develop him beyond just being Deku's primary rival/antagonist. It's nice to see that there is actually something that motivates him and that he actually isn't just a hard head all the time.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

My body is fucking ready, bring it! God October can't get here fast enough (for more reasons then this but mostly this).

O.o surprised to see them dropping Sir Nighteye in the trailer as well as Overhaul (even though they introduced him last season. plus more Eri, yay!). This season is going to be so fucking awesome based on everything I've read about the chapters they're adapting.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589