DeathscytheX

Ghost in the Shell

I mean I can deal with the westernization of the cultural aspects and even location... but fucking stick with the original content plot-wise/character-wise/lore-wise. Too often they think they can make it better, or more understandable... if they'd just stick with what worked for the anime, they'd be surprised with the reception they get. The reason these anime were so popular were for their stories, and many people just cant take animated products seriously in the west because of the stigma of children's cartoons... even though originally Looney Toons were meant for adults... I mean go back and watch that stuff... its def not for kids. XD

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I honestly don't like the fact that they chose Scarlett Johansson to play the character of Mira. She's good playing Lucy and Black Widow but not on this one. Critics have actually given this film a bad review. My friends who love this Japanese anime is not impressed with the outcome of the movie. 

"Life doesn't have to be so planned. Just roll with it and let it happen."

I finally got around to watching this. I enjoyed it, but its once again another origins movie. I'm burned out on origins movies which makes this pretty much a once off movie. Decent to watch once, but then its only good for rewatching for a few key action scenes. After reading @Strider Hiryu's spoiler comments I agree with alot of them, but not as much of the negative ones since I'm not nearly as familiar with the property. Until I read his comments, I had no idea Ishikawa and Borma where even in the movie. I didn't even notice them. That old man did a hell of a job and Batou was portrayed great to me. I was iffy about Scarlett Johansson playing the major but she did a decent job with the plot she had to work with. The origins aspect of her character was a bit meh tho. But that ending fight scene was spectacular. :D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

As I said they were barely in it so I'm not surprised you didn't know they were there, which sucks because every member of Section 9 is a major part of the team and a major part of the stories (not so much in the original movie or the 2nd movie but they all play major rolls in SAC and 2nd Gig).

I kinda figured this would be an origin movie going in and that's why I said they'd most likely be making another one (than again this movie didn't get a good score on Rotten Tomatoes so who knows, seems Hollywood is actually taking those ratings a little more seriously lately). As I said someone not familiar or overly into the source material/franchise would like this movie. It's probably not a movie you'll re-watch multiple times (like Star Wars and what not) but one you can enjoy at least once (I only say that because I'm currently re-watching SAC again and I'm finding even more problems with the movie, I won't list them but yea).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589