Sledgstone

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX = Portable Console)

^it has lot of issues. mainly my nintendo switch overheated when i was playing zelda breathe of the wild. i didnt notice it at first but when i touched it (bc there was a part where it was required to complete a mission via portable), it was as hot as a coffee mug or at least felt like it. so everytime i played, i checked it and it got heated up pretty fast. i havent played any other games and it was brand new so it couldnt have been dust blocking air vent but seems like other ppl were having a similar problem when i looked for a fix. worse, one mentions your cartridge can get bent and get stuck inside from the heat if you played for too long. also my brother ruined his switch when he was playing a game and then forgot about it. when he realized hours later, it was too late. the portable screen was burnt so he can only play in dock connected to tv now. he had his one or two years longer than mine and his joy con doesnt work that well anymore. i dont think both of ours are defective. its just a very small console so im not that surprised this had happened. 

yougorelena_slippers.jpg.c0d3609d8437d663780655f59789e591.jpg

The Switch does get pretty warm in mobile mode from what I remember. I've played mine on docked 98% of the life span. For hours and hours with no issue. In fact I played BoTW pretty much 10+ hours a day for 7 days with no issue. I guess I got lucky because I've seen where people had theirs warp from the heat. I also believe you can turn that part of Zelda off and can use the controller although it's a bit harder like that? I can't remember. I bought the Switch for BoTW, Metriod Prime 4, Mario Odyssey, and Smash. Still no MP4, but I will be getting Paper Mario. 

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

my brother played it as mobile a lot and i played it in dock but it didnt make much a difference i dont think. his got the worst of it anyway. i bought a seperate controller bc i didnt like putting joy con in and out when a mission required me to and i thought i would play more games with it..oh well. so yea i played like 4 - 6 hours a day and i havent touched switch since i finished zelda botw around last year. there arent that many titles that i want to get right now but im still looking. i bought dragon quest 11 and attack on titans 2 on ps4 instead of switch bc ps4 graphics looks far better too

I used the Switch Dock once. Thought it was too hot. And stuck to handheld mode for the rest of the time I owned a Switch.

Would've kept my Switch Lite if I could've transferred my Dark Souls save file.

Also Scuttlebutt

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I want a 4k Switch. My Nvidia shield is the 2017 model that doesn't have the AI upscaling feature of the newer 2020 models. But from what I saw of the Shield's upscaling its pretty impressive. For the switch to have that, it'll be a great way for all the original games to be auto upscaled without having to re-release them in 4k versions. I've only recently started watching some actual 4k content on my 4k tv. I will say 4k is a big upgrade visually. From the distance of the tv to my couch, about 8 feet, 4k content looks like I'm looking out a window and seeing something in front of me. But if I get close to the tv I can still make out pixelations, flaws, etc. But from 8 feet away 4k is visually amazing compared to 1080p. 1080p content still looks good, depending on the content... an old movie upscaled to 1080p released on bluray played on a 4k tv will always look pixely on my couch, but true 1080p movies like anything that came out in the last couple years can still look damn good, but 4k versions of them look amazingly crisp and more vibrant with much better blacks that have none of that pixelation black shadow issue.

I will say tho, I think HDR is a bigger upgrade than 4k. I've played Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4 and a few others with HDR on and the lighting effects can be draw dropping depending on the tv. Like walking around in a sunny area looks like the effects of real sunlight being shown on my tv. Its not really possible to take a screenshot or video to show the effects either because unless that video and tv or monitor the video is being shown on has HDR effects the video will only show a sunny area.. HDR tho makes it looks like genuine real sun light (depending on the quality of the game of course). Now if I can see a game that plays in native 4k with HDR effects on running at 60fps, I bet that would be amazing. If that new Horizon Zero Dawn game on PS5 can accomplish that, that would look gorgeous.

Back to the switch, alot of its games that I've seen are more cartoony based so I'm not entirely certain how much crisper and vibrant the games will look on 4k. It might be a big improvement, but not worth buying a new Switch for if someone already owns one. I doubt it'll be as huge as a graphical upgrade compared to something like the new next gen consoles could be potentially pulling off. This basically sounds like the PS4 Pro version of the Switch that will be coming out. I have a PS4, but no desire to buy the PS4 Pro when it came out.. but if I didn't have a PS4 at the time, i'd have definitely bought the pro version instead. Kind of like the new Nvidia Shields. My old one works amazingly well and plays 4k content, but if I didn't already own one, I'd be buying the new Shield Pro version that recently came out.

Edit:

Heres a video I watched a while back that shows the Shield 4k DLSS AI upscaling differences and this is what we can expect with the new Switch 4k since it uses basically the same hardware.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

i dont know what to think about this game. my brother told me about it a couple months ago. i think its released now and sold at $100. i mean its very innovative and cool looking, but im sure it has its limits. ppl are already complaining about hair getting stuck on a wheel or not running smoothly on a carpeted floor. im pretty sure its not pet friendly either lol. but gotta hand it to nintendo for trying something new..i hope to see more games like this in the future. i started to play switch games again so hopefully it gets better with their titles and game ideas

Woe is I, for I couldn't get the buggy GTA: The Trilogy for a future Nintendo Switch today and had to settle for a white Nintendo Switch OLED instead.

/Sarcasm

I feel lucky.

• I got my Ayaneo on Monday instead of Wednesday.
  • I got my white Nintendo Switch OLED the day after.

The only downside is I think I spent enough money this month. Good thing I have plenty of games I can play.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

gave my switch to my brother bc his controller was all messed up plus his has a burnt screen (got too hot when he forgot to turn it off and went to bed) but he gave me his bc i only play on a big screen. i haven't played for years i mean..but a couple days ago i don' t know i just bought OLED on a whim. bought a couple games with it but still haven't played yet. nintendo really needs to change and come up with better games. enough mario, enough zelda, come up with something new. 

mannnn i already dropped it on a hard floor. it seems okay. only been playing ocarina 64 and starfox 64 so far, but i already have those on my pc. got a wired pickachu controller and planning to play zelda skyward. my brother told me it was for wii (totally forgot about that console). but i really want to play windwaker again. i never got to finish it. as expected, not many games to choose from. paid $50 membership a year to get free gameboy, nes, snes, and n64 free games but meh. it's alright i guess.

i dug out well preserved my brother's gamecube only to find out it's not working ;_; so bent on playing zelda wind waker since i never got to finish. trying to move away from ps5 and trying to play more switch games but it's not really appealing so far. currently playing zelda skyward and link to the past. 

I'm considering cancelling my preorder @ GameStop.

*Edit*

Oh... Sorry... I'm distracted by the fact I want to buy console excluded games that I can't get @ GameStop.

Edited by Myk JL

I haven't had joy-con drift yet, but I have recently had part of the upper-left joystick chip off on the right joy-con. Maybe it wouldn't have happened if the joystick was above the buttons like it is on the left joy-con, but Nintendo's pointless gimmick of sharing half a controller with another person for 2-player games probably caused it. I can still use it, but it irritates my right thumb.

*Edit*

Had the Smach Z came out with control sticks & ran Windows, I might not have bought a Nintendo Switch.

*Edit 2*

Edited by Myk JL

I hope the new Switch 2 is a big upgrade from the regular Switch. I've been wanting to buy a Switch for years now for the zelda and mario games. But now with a new console coming out I'll have to wait and see what it'll be. If anything the regular Switch should drop in price further and be more affordable for me.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Due to Hogwarts Legacy (& a bunch of other games I had) taking up more storage than I thought they did, I have store credit from selling games that may go towards a Nintendo Switch 2... That or maybe an Xbox handheld magically coming out in 2026... Here's hoping that the 38 games or more I own can be played on Nintendo Switch 2 & the Nintendo Switch 2 doesn't do something stupid like the Wii U.

*Edit*

I'm not disappointed. I just want a more powerful backwards compatible Nintendo Switch 2 with no gimmicks.

*Edit 2*

How will Nintendo Switch 2 be backwards compatible if Nintendo Switch 2 has virtually no storage?

*Edit 3*

I had a Game Shark for N64, but never had a Game Genie.

Edited by Myk JL