DeathscytheX

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Still not overly impressed by this and overall it was the only downer from the Sony Press Conference, though it was nice to see a game play trailer instead of that crappy announcement trailer. This game stands no chance against BF1 and once Titanfall 2 is released this game will tank hard (then again this is COD and it always seems to sell extremely well).

The best part of that video (and it's segment during the press conference) was the Modern Warfare trailer. It made me want it even more but I can't justify paying $79 to get access to it.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

They'll sell it stand alone next year around this time. I'm just gonna wait it out. I'll pay $70 for it and all its maps that got lobbed in with the DLC. With Titanfall doing all map packs free, and DICE giving out free DLC for BF1, COD wont be able to justify their shit season pass schemes and COD point P2W bs. There has yet to be a season pass announced for BF1 which is surpising. If they got the free map route, it will def be a marketing ploy against COD. They'd make their money similar to Overwatch via battlepack skins.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

This trailer was the best promo I've seen for this game yet. That campaign mission looked genuinely fun. I have no interest in the multiplayer for CoD, but that spaceship fight gave me flashbacks of wing commander. I still wont drop $70 for the game, but maybe a year from now I'll try it out, but then again Titanfall 3 or something else will probably outshine it again at that point.

I really hope EA learned something from Blizzard and Overwatch's no paid map dlc. Those BF4 dlc really separated the player base and killed off alot of game modes 6 months in imo.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

8 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

They'll sell it stand alone next year around this time.

I seriously doubt that considering the new COD will be right around the corner (and why hurt the next COD's sales by releasing this) and they're still sticking to their guns on this one. They really have nothing to lose by refusing to release it separately, most gamers that have given up on the series have already left it so it's not like they'll lose their hardcore fans (the ones preordering it). I hope they will release it as it's own title but the way things sit now I highly doubt it.

While I'm all for free dlc I'm all for paying for well made maps which is why I would have no problem paying for Premium again if they were to go that route again (especially since I'm not a fan of the buying skins route, it works I won't deny it but if I'm going to be spending money to support a game I like I want it to be for something more substantial then a skin for my gun). Honestly I never really noticed a drop in players when the new map packs dropped for BF4, still the same amount that were playing before. The major problem the DLC had were bad maps (I loved the Naval Strike and Dragons Teeth DLC but Last Stand, imo, wasn't really worth the money. Maps were to big for my tastes and catered to our lovely friends the camping snipers) and bad implementation. I still remember the rubber banding problems from the NS DLC.

6 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

That campaign mission looked genuinely fun.

That's the problem with COD though. One campaign mission will be fantastic, the rest will be complete and utter crap making you wish you never bought the game. This is the reason so many people by COD for it's MP, it was the only redeeming thing from the games (Modern Warfare and World at War were great campaign wise, MW2 and Black Ops were shit (I didn't buy any past BO so I don't know how the plot has gotten better, if it even has)) and now that's pretty much been shot to shit.

Edited by Strider Hiryu
Grammer skills suck

I liked all the COD campaigns except for the last mission of black ops 3. the MW1-3 were my favorite (I guess im just a sucker for a conclusion of the Price/Soap story) But they're all a good 7-8 hours and done. I disagree they have nothing to lose by not selling it stand alone... they'd actually make a lot more money if they did so, they just don't want it to outsell their shitty new game, and they want to claim success for IW by tying in the last 10 maps with the DLC of the new game... so I guess in a way you're right, because if MW1 did as well or better than IW, it would show failure development-wise. I was excited for MW1, and as much as it saddens me, I'll put my foot down and not buy this one, even if all my friends get it. Black Ops 3 was the final straw for me... while it was fun with friends for a bit, the first wave of P2W weapons trashed the game before the first map pack even came out. The level of frustration getting gunned down by the same weapon with MW2 TTK while you have shitty Black Ops TTK had me stop playing immediately and I've never picked up the game since. In essence, Infinite Warfare could be absolutely amazing, and be better than MW1... but it wouldn't matter, because they'll fuck it up with COD points and supply drops within the first 4 months the game is out. 

They've just marked down Blops 3 on PS4 significantly. Even if they don't sell it separately, they'll probably do the same next year for IW.

I'll have no problem paying for Premium.... I normally wait for the premium bundle, but I didn't want to miss out on early enlister in case that was a one time opportunity. I'll throw down another $60 on BF1 no problem. DICE has proven to me the quality of their post launch content, dating back to BF2 when DLC was called expansion packs and came on discs XDXD XD. Plus they gave us what we want by going back in time. I just hope they never tie in an unlock for finishing top 3 on Gun Master ever again... that BF3 assignment still gives me nightmares... and I'm sure I lost a few years off my life span when I completed it my heart was racing so fast.

The sound is beautiful and it looks beautiful. But this is on easy for cringe-worthy showmanship. No one plays like that, and on a harder diffculty he would have been massacred aiming that slow. XD They skipped the most difficult part of the mission because they didn't want to show you taking a lot of hits and grenade indicators everywhere... but whatever. Definitely one of the most iconic opening missions to any game. 

I have never seen a campaign mission in any FPS game were the player is never hit by a single bullet.. at all. I'm guessing this was set on easy mode. The mission looks good, but with no sense of possible failure it makes me think the game will be best to watch on a lets play than to actually purchase.

On 6/15/2016 at 0:34 AM, DeathscytheX said:

I just hope they never tie in an unlock for finishing top 3 on Gun Master ever again

I don't think I ever finished that assignment. I hated that game mode. If any server I was on switched over to it, I'd rage quit out before it even began. x_x

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

*sigh* This looks great. Here's to hoping they sell this separately one day. This is probably the best gameplay I can find to my standards. I watched some random IGN editor play on Overgrown the other day, and I was literally arguing with the screen about how he was taking horrible paths. I pretty much called how he was going to die and where he was going to be shot form every time he died. XD TTK looks just as good as I remember. ;_;

Sadly I highly doubt they'll release it separately as it seems this is only a way to get IW to sell. We'll just have to look back on our COD4 days with a distant fondness. Watching that gameplay makes me miss my Ghost class layout. Oh how I loved running around the map with a silenced P90 and stomping snipers and campers. Don't know if I'm fond of the point increase on kills but it's a minor dislike. Everything else look amazing.

It was probably one of the best campaigns I've played in a COD game so it'd definitely be worth buying just for that (though I recommend staying away from Veteran difficulty if you ever do pick it up, the AI gets grenade happy (and they're extremely accurate with those grenades) when you set it to this which makes the levels frustrating as hell to complete (it's the main reason I never actually beat it on Veteran difficulty back in the day). The "All Ghillied Up" level still remains one of my all time favorite levels in an FPS game to date.

The whole game is the reason why we got BF3 and 4 honestly. It's arguably the most pivotal game in FPS history. Which is why it's sad to see what it has become. 

All Ghillied Up was amazing.

The epilogue mission achievement is crazy, I never could do it.

I knew all the kiddies out there would cry about this gun. XD Oh boo hoo, it needs a nerf... no go back and play your garbage COD with trash TTK that rewards who can jump around and get lucky rather than who can aim the best, have the best map awareness, and not run around in the open like an idiot.

I never really like the M16 and only used it for fast leveling when I was in the lower ranks. I always preferred the M4 if I was running a rifle in the original due to it being full-auto because burst fire weapons annoy the hell out of me (and we can blame the M16 for that as COD4 was my first real shooter besides Halo). Then again I am the guy who ran around almost exclusively with the P90 Silenced or MP5 Sniper (yes the MP5 was an effective sniper weapon with the ACOG scope on) because I loved the SMG gun mechanics in COD4 (that is when I wasn't sniping, god the R700 was a freaking beast of a gun).

Sadly I didn't even agree with the original nerf back in COD4 for it because even if the weapon was great it still took a skilled player to use it as effectively as he did in that video. People forget COD used to be all about skill and map awareness, not who can jump and gun faster.

I loved the M16 depending on the map. If it was open like Countdown and Creek, or had long range engagements like Overgrown and Countdown would use it, although I became fond of the harder hitting AK down the road despite its wild recoil. As great as the P90 was, I always used the MP5 and AK74u silenced. And then there was the RPD... man good times. X'D thats a gun that disappeared from COD quick and never came back. XD

The RPD was probably the most OP LMG in COD4 so it's no surprise it never showed up again. Good god the killing sprees I could go on with that thing. One of the few times I ever enjoyed using an LMG in COD (the M60 was another good choice). Meh, the M4 was good for everything from close range to long and its recoil was extremely manageable which is why I used it constantly once unlocked (I threw in the AK only when I felt like pissing people off). The AK74u was a damn good weapon and I used it quite a bit when I wasn't MP5 Sniping or running Ghost (the P90 silenced was my weapon on my Ghost loadout). My true love was the M1014, that shotgun was freaking amazing. The killing sprees I went on with that gun are the stuff of legend (I kid but god damn was I good with that gun).

Man I miss COD4, I really wish the original was still around (I've been hearing a lot of bad things about the Remaster) since I refuse to buy IW to get MWR. The only shooter game I've really enjoyed (I like Battlefield but COD4 is special, that game did everything right for me which is why MW2 was such a let down for me after they changed so much of what made MW so great) and the only one where I was extremely competitive in.

Oh yes, the RPD was a damn beast. It had no recoil, insane range, huge mag, and the fastest reload time among LMGs. Remember reloading the M60 or SAW? XD I'm having nightmares about the M60's irons as we speak. Damn those things were so bad, but once you got the red dot on it, it was a solid choice... then again everything was a plausible choice in that game. There were the best guns and the worst guns, but the gap wasn't all that big and you could win with just about anything if you were good enough to do so.