DeathscytheX

Spider-Man (PS4 exclusive)

I forgot to watch this trailer until today. This actually looks pretty fun. I doubt I'll buy it tho, I've never bought a spider-man game. Mostly because they always take place in NYC and looking at endless buildings all day never seemed appealing to me.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

There isn't a huge graphical leap in any of these trailers, aside from some lighting improvement. The pull of these games is just how open world they can really be without the old hidden loading screens like crawling through holes or narrow passages. Shooters have dominated for the past 2 decades. I can see Sandbox games making a strong push next gen. Even Destiny type shared world games... you wouldn't have to limit 5-6 people per instance anymore. 

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Hmm considering the praise the last one got I might get this (especially since Miles is my favorite Spider-Man). Was really hoping that the rumors were true that we were getting the first one for free this month but sadly we got two mediocre shooters (sorry I'm not impressed with Battlefront II and CoD hasn't peaked my interest in years).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

58 minutes ago, Strider Hiryu said:

Was really hoping that the rumors were true that we were getting the first one for free this month but sadly we got two mediocre shooters (sorry I'm not impressed with Battlefront II and CoD hasn't peaked my interest in years).

I was disappointed to. I want to play that spiderman game but i never bought it because I kept seeing rumors that'll it'll be on ps+. Maybe next month.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

COD WWII had so many interesting concepts like the HQ area, and the War game mode. Sadly with such a lack of weaponry, the game didn't have much depth. The campaign must not have been too good either because I can't recall any of it. War was fun, but had horrible balancing issues for defenders and attackers based on the map, and there were only 4 of them up to when I stopped playing it. It was their take on BF's Rush basically. I have Battlefront 2 downloading now just to play the campaign.

I never got the first Spider-Man but since this came with my PS5 bundle here is my quick take

Pros:
The game was hella fun. Movement, combat, abilities. All good. The skill tree was kinda lame, but it didn't matter. You always had a choice to go in and fight or stealth. This game is hella easy for the most part because stealth is so good. Basically enemies never look up. XD

Cons:
This game was clearly meant to be just an expansion. It's not worth $50. Its apparently half the length of the first game... its very short. Its a shame too because the story, voice acting, and just the game as a whole is great. They should be charging $30 for this game not $50. Wait for it to go on discount. Also the last boss fight has a section that inexcusably frustrating. I don't like when they change the game worlds rules to make a boss more frustrating.