DeathscytheX

Death Stranding

Well at least we finally get to see something about the game. It definitely looks interesting and weird. I still refuse to pre-order it. Knowing Kojima half the game will be spent in a codec screen talking to people and the ending will be a huge dumb twist like all the MSG games. XD That trailer is full of hype like Division 1's, Mass Effect Andromeda, Destiny 2, Anthem, etc. etc.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Its a pretty standard hype reel for a Kojima game. Its similar to the MGS5 trailer. You can pretty much expect a mostly cinematic experience. For me thats ok, thats why I like his games. I don't think any games besides MGS1 and 2 spend a massive amount of time in the codec screen. XD I don't remember 3 spending that much time in convos because you spent most of it pausing to change your camo. 4 was 50% cut scenes. With how many big actors are in this game, I have no doubt there will be a lot of watching to be done. I just find it funny that you can "Ride with Norman Reedus" in this game. XD

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

XD I didn't even think about that. I wonder if that was one of his conditions for being in the game.. I need a motorcycle and maybe a dog. XD I just hope this game is nothing like MGS. MGSV was the most boring game ever to me after a while. With all the options of playing however you'd like with such a variety of weapons, it was pointless because the game would highly cripple your cash flow with mission rankings and force you to replay missions "stealthy" like Kojima wants you to play or you'd hit a wall of no progress. It was endless fulcom, stun dart, knock people out, stare at a nice machine gun in your inventory but never use it. Death Stranding better be more action than stealth mechanics BS.

I don't remember it being like that, I never stealth MGS games, I slaughter everyone. I do remember using the fulton on high value items/people picking and choosing, but I remember disabling the radios systems that called for backup, and then sniping everyone else to death from far away. XD I killed a lot of people and never really had cash flow issues. I remember using D Dog exclusively until I got that little mini metal gear thing I'd always ride around in and kill everyone with. But yeah it was boring. The story telling wasn't really there. I really couldn't tell you about any of the bosses or missions that stood out to me at all. There was no Psycho Mantis moment, even though he was a cameo in the game. There was no Drebin or Ocelot type characters. It was a very bland experience story wise.

Maybe because I started the game when it went free for PS+ after it was out and patched years after release I had a different experience. I dunno. Every mission I'd do, I'd stealth the hell out of everyone, somehow miss one or two people, get spotted, get frustrated, whip out a big gun and shoot the f*ckers in the head, and have to flee because somehow, even though nobody was left alive, and I could have sworn I disabled every radio station, an alarm would go off and a helicopter will come in to kill me. I'd eventually exit the area and get my mission ranking of D and $5 (not really that low, but considerably lower than an A rank). wtf. So I kill 2 people and my ranking goes from A to D and my cash is crippled. I was in the red so often if felt like punishment for not playing the way Kojima intended. So the next couple missions, I'd C4 the radio towers, snipe some guys, melee people, do another C4, lure a guy over, blow him up.. enjoy myself. D rank again.. $5. after a handful of those missions I couldn't even afford to fulcrum anything anymore and said f*ck it. -_-; I watched the rest of the game on youtube and I'm glad I skipped the aggravation. The game was bogged down with endless loading screens to. Sure they masked the loading screens with filler like its credit scenes before a movie, but it was still massive loading screens. And the big reveal of the language parasite felt like a complete rip off of the movie/novel Pontypool. I hope Death Stranding is truely unique and creative and not some mishmash of genres with an overbearing boring plot that will only reveal itself over a series of games and prequels. The twist ending was dumb like every other MGS ending too. -_-; and that tank fight at the end.. Snake has an army at this point and a massive base... and he can only call in some supply drops for RPGs or whatever and a support helicopter... or he could have just summoned maybe 15 extra guys along with those rpgs and got shit taken care of like a pro. XD

MGS 1 was the best. Psycho mantis, that vampire guy.. so many unique characters. Some paranormal mixed with a modern shooter. That was unique, fun and memorable. All I'll remember of MGSV is Silent walking around mostly naked and I could hit a button on my controller to make my horse shit on command. XD 

MGS1 was the best, I wish they'd remake it, but they won't because of the Gamecube Twin Snakes remake that was already done... which made it even better. I liked 3 a lot, but I didn't like having to pause every new environment to change my camo to get to a good 80-90%. I thought 4 was outstanding besides the crawling through the radioactive room part for absolutely no reason. XD Piloting Metal Gear Rex was epic!

https://www.gamesradar.com/i-have-seen-death-stranding-at-gamescom-and-i-finally-understand-whats-going-on/

The game is about walking across the country turning on communication towers and delivering mail. With a bunch of supernatural stuff and weird technology involved. At least we now have a rough idea of the concept of the game.

TL;DR Its a typical Kojima game, heavy on cutscenes, compelling story, and slow methodical gameplay that will enhance as you gain more tools and abilities.

The game takes Nier Automata's online connectivity to another level, allowing players to share equipment and items. Vehicles, safe houses, post boxes, and generators others construct/abandoned can be used by other players in their instance in certain areas of the world. Lost packages can be found and delivered as well. Post boxes act as communal points where players can leave items no longer needed for other players to use.

I noticed the majority of the reviews are like... "this game isn't for everyone." Jim Sterling and Angry Joe seem to have reviews that seem more honest about the gameplay than die hard Kojima fans. Based on their reviews I'll pass on playing this. To the people that enjoy it, go for it and have fun.

Oh, and I thought the Conan O'Brien bit was literally a joke for his show. I had no idea he was actually in this game as a NPC. wtf.