The gameplay looks very similar to the first game, but some of the new stuff is pretty cool. I love the idea of controlling drones in this, but the best part of Watch Dogs to me was the plot. I'm a bit disappointed this isn't an actual sequel. I loved the car driving in the first game. I'd jump in a car and just drive everywhere for the hell of it. Sure some of those car evasions were a pain in the ass. I remember driving for over 10 minutes like a maniac trying to loose some guys before. Good times. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The steam pipe buster was clutch for me when driving. The traffic light hack rarely worked. I knew it wouldnt be a sequel. Hopefully it will offer enough new stuff to get me to buy it. The problem with the first was it got so easy when you just stole everyone's money, but then the last mission was really difficult compared to the rest of the game. The line of sight puzzles were probably my favorite part of that game.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

While I like the new abilities and some of the new stuff our new guy can do I'm going to have to wait and see more on this game before I decide if I want to get it or not (I still haven't beaten the first one yet). I'd of preferred an actual sequel to the first one as well.

With games like BF1 and Deus Ex releasing before it it'll have to do quite a bit to get me hyped for it.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

The plot will be the biggest factor in me buying this game. As it is, its just like Watch Dogs 1 except in a different city. Wasn't that how the GTA games were tho? I never got into GTA but I'm guessing the campaigns on those is what drove the fan base to keep buying basically the same game in different cities over and over again.

9 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

The problem with the first was it got so easy when you just stole everyone's money, but then the last mission was really difficult compared to the rest of the game.

I agree completely. It was a fun experience, but that last mission upped the difficulty so damn much it felt like the game didn't want me to actually beat it.

While the game mechanics remain mostly the same in every GTA they do bring in new things from time to time (Heists are completely original to 5 and was a very nice and very welcome change). I never really started getting into the story element until GTA4 (before that I had only played the first one and I honestly can't tell you what the plot, if there was one, was even about. I mostly spent hours running around town killing people, stealing cop cars, and enabling cheats for infinite ammo and the tank). I think the major draw of GTA is that, at the time, it was one of the few sandbox games released around that time and gave people their first taste of being able to do what you want, when you want, and how you want and not be confined to a linear play style or plot. Honestly GTA remains, imo, the best sandbox title we've ever gotten (I never really got into Saints Row and while Assassin's Creed is a sandbox title it's still an extremely linear title).

Edited by Strider Hiryu

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Ah, that makes more sense. I definitely see the appeal it must have had at the time and why it got so popular. Saints Row 3 was some great fun, but I haven't played the 4th title yet. The freedom in that game was pretty good, but I didn't get wow'd by it. But thats really my own fault. I didn't have a good pc yet and I played it on my laptop at minimum settings. When I got into a helicopter, I'd only get 4 fps. XD That was some difficult flying. XD

GTA5 was really good. The 3 character set up worked surprisingly well. You had 3 separate stories that intertwined. It was the only GTA I ever invested real time in.

My first real experience with Rockstar was Red Dead Redemption which is my favorite open world sandbox game to date. I'll give it to them, they can make a good story.

Saints Row 4 isn't as good as 3. But it's still a ton of fun for what it is. Vehicles become useless really fast even in the early stages of your powers. 

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!