powerrangers.jpg

Production designer Andrew Menzies told EW, “Ours is an alien costume that grows on them, that’s not man-made. You can’t win everyone over, but we are trying to appeal to a more mature audience and gain new fans.”

A "More Mature" audience. lmao. Power Rangers is a childrens property that has been so over-saturated with reboots and recasts that the property should be laid to rest at this point. :lol:

Elizabeth Banks will be Rita Repulsa and she looks like she just left a Mortal Kombat tournament. XD

RitaRepulsa.jpg

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

My problems with this is they're shooting for a new, mature audience. Do they not realize this audience will be the one that grew up watching this when they were younger. In my opinion there's no right way to do this (like with SW) because you're going to have old fans whining about every little thing they change (Rita does not look good, she didn't look good to begin with but her old look is so much better). Plus this won't be Power Rangers without the original cast (which will be quite hard as the original yellow ranger is dead). 

I'll give it a shot depending on what the trailer looks like but this is honestly a bad idea.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Aside from the fact that the Yellow Power Ranger no longer morphs into a man this looks bad.... In a extreme way. They just over sexualized all the characters I preferred not to be over sexualized.

Though it's probably too late I'd rather have a (stoner) comedy movie revolving around Bulk, Skull, Rito Revulto, & Goldar.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I did watch the original power rangers series all those year ago, but never in the last 10 years have I ever thought "Damn, I wish I could get a new power rangers for my age group". Instead I wanted to see a grown up live action Voltron instead. I'm surprised Michael Bay isn't directing this. XD

My favorite portrayal of the Power Rangers ever was in one of my all time favorite cartoons Megas XLR:

http://kisscartoon.me/Cartoon/Megas-XLR/Season-02-Episode-006-S-Force-S-O-S?id=14210

The 'S-Force' showed up in 2 or 3 episodes. I miss this show so bad. I wish it'd have gotten more seasons. If any giant robot show need a live action movie adaption all these years later, it'd be Megas XLR. XD

2 hours ago, Myk JL said:

Though it's probably too late I'd rather have a (stoner) comedy movie revolving around Bulk, Skull, Rito Revulto, & Goldar.

LMAO! That would be great. XD

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/21/11997440/bryan-cranston-joins-power-rangers

Bryan Cranston, the man who sparked fear into the hearts of millions as Walter White in Breaking Bad, is about to play a floating head in the new Power Rangers movie.

Cranston confirmed his role as Zordon on Twitter earlier today. In the Power Rangers universe, Zordon acts as a mentor to the group of teen heroes and first appeared in the first season of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

I doubt they'll keep Zordon as a floating head in this movie, but if they do.. all I can think about is a floating heisenberg head selling meth to power rangers. XD

On 5/6/2016 at 6:23 PM, Sledgstone said:

I did watch the original power rangers series all those year ago, but never in the last 10 years have I ever thought "Damn, I wish I could get a new power rangers for my age group". Instead I wanted to see a grown up live action Voltron instead. I'm surprised Michael Bay isn't directing this. XD

You do know that you've now summoned the movie gods to call Michael Bay and give the idea to him.  XD

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg