DeathscytheX

Fear the Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion (Spoilers)

I was extremely bored watching this last night. 3/4 of the episode was shots of the different cast members staring out at the ocean with blank expressions on their face. I was surprised to see The Talking Dead on after it. What was there to talk about? I don't see the need for a discussion show if the episodes are going to be that dull. I saw a preview at the end of the episode and thought the next ep will be good.. until I realized it was a "this season on FTWD" and realized if all that stuff in the preview are the actual highlights of the entire season and not just one episode, I'll loose interest in this pretty damn quick.

The problem with this series is that its feeling like a soft reboot of TWD. I know I'm not interested in seeing another survival story of a small group just in a different location. Thats been done before. I liked TWD season 1-3 but I won't go out of my way to rewatch those at this point since I've seen it numerous times already. FWTD needs to be something else. Look at Negan's group. Obviously that group was getting formed together from the very beginning of the zombie outbreak. If the new series was based on a group of that size and how it was initially formed it would have been much more interesting. I actually thought FTWD was going to have more of a military aspect and show what happened with that military group and possibly have it be the beginning of a "Last of Us" style quarantine zone. But instead we have a group of idiots that aren't even close to being audience surrogate characters.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I was doing my sab daily run. I turned it off the last 10 min. The walkers aren't even a threat, the mysterious people don't feel dangerous because there is zero tension. Travis and his wife suck as characters, they don't even belong in this series. There personalities are those of randoms that died in the downfall.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'll give it one or two more eps to try to redeem itself before I drop it. Talking Dead is a better show, but when Chris Hardwick can summarize the episode in 10 seconds theres not much to discuss. I left it on in the background and they thoroughly discussed the episode within 30 mins. FTWD is already renewed for season 3 based off the first episode's viewers. Seeing that they just finished the TWD season on a high note of controversy because of the no death scene, of course alot of ppl tuned in for the first episode of the FTWD season to get their zombie fix and instead got this slow boring mess.. I feel like they're milking the franchise at this point instead of giving us something good or new.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg