Sledgstone

Question about privacy! Upgrade Notification!

With the new upgrade coming profiles and status messages will most likely become public until I find a way to implement some new privacy options. Depending on how viable that is, I might just leave it all public regardless. Currently these are blocked off to guests but are available to regular members. If there are any status updates you would like to delete please do so. Or if you want, I can delete all your status updates for you.

Please give me your opinion on this as this upgrade will be happening in 24-48 hours (unless I screw something up. lol.)

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Just a heads up. I had some issues with my SEO settings earlier. Everything is fine now but if you see odd urls while visiting this site like: "frontpage.html" or "index" instead of forums, please clear your browser history and it'll all go back to normal.

Btw statuses will work a bit different now. As far as I know, posting a status or replying to one will redirect you to the page the status is located at as opposed to just posting it in a easy little drop down box from the main page. At least this way it should stop that cut off issue we all got used to.

Second part of the upgrade is done. Had to get software on the server upgraded so some of the new functions of ipb will work. Next upgrade will happen sometime this late afternoon / early evening and will require the site to go into offline mode during that time while the core forum software is upgraded.

Upgrade complete!

I still have some bugs to work out. Tags did not upgrade correctly, especially on the blogs. There are some transparency issues with the themes, they're supposed to be more transparent. The background selector does not work currently and I'll be throwing some new backgrounds on the site every once in a while that will be focused on games or movies that have a bunch of hype.

Also, there are no more friends on this site. Instead of the friends, you can go to someone's profile and "follow them" to get notified when they post something.

XD

This software works way better on mobile now. The site is coded to auto adapt to the size of the screen. Shrink this window down on your PC and you'll see it automatically adjust to mobile view. No more mobile only theme that looks like crap. XD There are two themes available again at the bottom left of the screen. Chameleon Dark (the default theme) and Chameleon (the light version).

The editor and auto embedding works much better too. Right after you type in a smilie code and hit the space bar, the editor auto inserts the smilie right into the post as you are typing. Same with embedding a youtube video. No more having to make the post to see the end result and then having to edit to fix something.

XD

I noticed how quick the auto-embed feature is now when I made that Battleborn topic. Good lord you barely put the link in and bam the video is right there (really nice feature). Eh, the mobile view is going to take some time to get used to. I tried the site on my phone about an hour ago and was kinda lost (then again I didn't really explore how to get around I just wanted to see if the update was done or not).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I'll try and throw together a few images tomorrow of tips and tricks that I've discovered already. Like quick navigation on the phone is the top right image. Click it and you can go to the notifications, forums, gallery, private messages, etc. Another simple thing is that if you want to quote just a part of someone's post, literally highlight the part you want to quote in that person's post with your mouse and a little icon will pop up that you can click to quote just what you have highlighted. So much more convenient than editing out text.

Twitter and Facebook logins now work. If any existing members want to connect to them, click on your username at the top left of the screen to see the drop down menu, click on account settings and connect there. Registering a new account with facebook or twitter or connecting your existing ancient clan account with facebook or twitter will automatically update your ancient clan account to use your facebook or twitter avatar.

The only real benefit of this will be for users on mobile devices to register with their facebook or twitter account so they can bypass our default anti spam puzzle image that is very difficult to do on a cell phone.

There is a fix for the background image bug for IPB4. I'll get that patched sometime this week and upload some new backgrounds so we can get rid of the "rock with waves" ocean view image. Expect a Overwatch, Division, Star Wars and some other image I'll pick at some point. I'll swap these images out about once a month or so.

Is there a reason we can't set pop up notifications for when someone replies to a post we follow like how it use to be? Its locked to email only when I was toggling all my notification options. I signed up for notifications when the forum first changed only to get my inbox destroyed by AC emails. XD I had to mark AC as spam until I figured it out... but thats one of the only options you cant set to in forum notifications. From what I gather, I'd only get a notification if I'm directly quoted.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Thank you for pointing this out. I've been getting email bombed too. Imagine how bad it would be if we had 100 active members. XD I changed the notification options. It boggles my mind why some of these were disabled or set to email only as default. Even tho I updated the settings it won't affect all current user's settings. Please check your notification options again and you'll see new toggle settings to change everything from email to the regular pop up notifications.

http://www.ancientclan.com/notifications/options/

I think notifications bugged.... but only on topics I've followed before you updated the email only setting. The most notable one is the Overwatch topic. I don't get notifications when people reply to it. I just now unfollowed and followed it again to see if this remedies the problem. I have mine set to browser only, and to auto-follow any topic I create and reply to.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!