Sledgstone

Vikings Season 4 (Spoilers of current episodes)

Holy crap Rollo.. He screwed Ragnar again. He left himself powerless too. I'm completely surprised the french people didn't kill him immediately after the massacre at the viking camp. I don't see Floki surviving this season. When Largetha cut that guy's dick off, I bet every man watching the show winced in phantom pain. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

That was a good scene. I like how they've brought some of the mysticism back to the series, like the first ep with the doors to Valhalla. I also like how dynamic the story is becoming and look forward to see how everything ties in with Wessex, Paris, and Ragnar.  

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

With only 1 episode left for the season (or midseason) I'm getting the feeling that History is loosing focus on what made this show so good. All the scenes in Wessex seem rather pointless now that they're not going to cross path with the vikings any time soon. I bet the little kid on the christian pilgrimage will be someone important in a time skip which is why they keep showing him, but overall the show it about the vikings and all this wessex stuff could literally be referenced as events that have happened next time the vikings are in that area. In the last season the wessex scenes were important because of Athelstan and his connection to Ragnar. Now they are filler scenes as opposed to showing more of the Vikings. Also, History channel has already changed the actual fate of Ragnar in this series and turning him into a drug addict is a bit lame. I want to see him being the tactician he was in the first 2 season.. not some guy with power freaking out over drugs and choices he's made in his life. :(

The season finale was good. Alot of action. Vikings getting their asses kicked and then a time skip. I had a feeling they'd time skip but I thought it wouldn't happen until the beginning of the next season. Instead we see all of Ragnar's kids grown up already. Ivar's blue eyes. wtf. Looks a bit creepy. O_O I know after the Paris ordeal is around the time Ragnar died in history.. but then he shows back up in the show. lol. I'm interested in seeing where the next season goes. I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see Lagertha after the time skip. I don't know if the Vikings are ever going back to Paris or not, but if they don't next season then I hope they don't keep showing clips of them like they were with wessex.

The show will probably always have all 3 factions to keep them relevant in one way or another.

I missed a few eps that weren't available on the website and I just caught the last 3 of the season finale. I guess Ragnar got hooked on "opium" but looking it up its betel nuts? I missed how he was able to start walking unassisted again. I guess it was necessary for the timeskip so he could reset and get off the drugs. One of his sons looks like Horic's son that died XD. Overall you're right, they've lost track of what made the show great, which is partially why I waited so long to catch up on it. None of the relationships really matter anymore as everyone is sleeping with everyone and betraying everyone on all 3 sides. Ivar's blue eyes are weird... makes me think of SyFy's take on Dune a few years back. I really dont know where the series is going. They elevated Ragnar a bit too fast and killing him will probably kill the show. That really should be left for the series finale. Bjorn isn't qualified for convincing enough to take up affairs in Wessex. With Fimmel doing the WoW movie, I have to question how much longer this show will go on.

I think the show is at this point where it would be better if they killed Ragnar off and let his sons take control. Ragnar in season 1 was amazing because he thought ahead. He planned things out and made situations work to his advantage. But then in season 3 theres no equivalent of king Horik anymore. Its all fighting with no major strategy and too much emphasis on Ragnar tripping on drugs. Season 3 actually flipped the central point away from Ragnar and put everything on Rollo. Rollo was the strategist now. He was the one that planned ahead and made a situation work in his favor for his own personal gain. Rollo became the equivalent of Ragnar from season 1, except Rollo betrayed absolutely everyone close to him for his own personal gain. Along with the constant scene changes over to Wessex, all the screen time Ragnar got was of him being drugged and blabbering. They should kill him off, focus the show around Bjorn and Ivar.

I just checked Wikipedia about this...

Even tho I've seen Ragnar's death mentioned in a couple different scenarios that have already come to pass in the history channel series, it looks like Ragnar could still get killed off in Wessex after all. This could be the next season of Vikings:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%86lla_of_Northumbria

While this season has been pretty good. I doubt it will last past a season 5. Once they kill off Lagertha that will be the end of the story. I'm not convinced the sons can carry on the show and keep it interesting. Rollo is really the most famous of all of them that are left, as his lineage eventually produces William the Conqueror, but I doubt we see much more of them as well. Ecbert will probably be killed by Aethelwulf, or he'll let him die at the hands of the vikings.

RIP Ragnar. This season is decent so far but could have been better than the last season if we'd have gotten some major fight scenes. Just when that huge Viking army was about to slaughter all those english men.. the scene changes to the aftermath. wtf. No big viking battle? ehhh. We all know Lagertha will be killed off at some point and when she does I don't know how well the series will continue after that. Floki makes no sense to me now. He killed Athelstan because of his religion and he wants to kill all christians and anyone else that doesn't have the same beliefs as himself.. but then he comes across a bunch of muslims and he doesn't want to kill any of them. Seems out of character to me. :confused:

Technically it's the same season as "last season" XD Its still season 4 as weird as that is. The vikings are a bunch of whores. "Oh you cheated on me, I hope it was enjoyable" wtf? XD So many love triangles going on right now, no one has the right to be pissed at Ragnar.

The difference for Floki was that the Muslims were worshiping an invisible god to him. The Christians had all there symbols like the golden crucifix and what not. When he saw the Muslims praying, there was no symbols, statues, or emblems. I think it was confusing more than anything else for him. Plus they didn't fight back with an army like the Saxons.

Well that was a pretty damn good season finale. Ivar kills Sigurd in a blind rage. I think his solidifies Ivar as an unstable madman, but a genius at the same time after his battle tactics work to dismantle the Saxon army. Ivar is turning out to be one of the biggest characters in on the show, and he replaces Rangar's late life personality which had an unpredictable nature. Its clear a major chunk of next season will focus around him and his conquest of England.

The other part of next season will focus around King Harald and Lagertha. Harald brother no doubt wants to accompany Bjorn to keep him distracted while Harald focuses on Kattegat. Looking at the previews, it seems somehow Torvi survived being a pin cushion. The death of Ragnar has causes instability. Harald being the King of Norway, I assume Rangar was the king of Sweden. Its nevey really stated, but thats where he was born. Kattegat is actually a sea, that's more of a bay between Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.

I didn't think the show could go on after all the deaths, but maybe it can for at least another two seasons. The warrior bishop is intriguing enough. I wonder what is going to become of Floki in all of this.

They really needed to kill of Ragnar after what they did to him.. I hate how they turned his character into a drug addict and then a rather pointless character just to kill him off. Maybe the writers thought they had to ruin him to make sure fans didn't leave the show the moment he died off. Kind of like how Daryl in TWD has been degraded in the same manner this season. If he was to die off now it wont have as big of an impact on the fan base as it would have during the height of his character's popularity. Ivar is a crazy bastard but I really want to see more of Lagertha, which is why I'm afraid that she'll be killed off or turned into a crap character next. :( And poor Floki lost Helga.. He has nothing left.