DeathscytheX

The Walking Dead Season 6 Discussion (Possible Spoilers)

So Rick is now the top adviser, and basically the leader now. Dianne is just a puppet to keep everyone comfortable. Rick isn't taking no shit from these fools, and only holds back to keep mass hysteria from breaking out. While he is right, he's lost his damn mind. Morgan is going to be his outer conscience from now on I believe.

That canyon of walkers is by design I believe. I think the Wolves have been saving up on something big for Alexandria.... and when they saw Rick and company pulling them away, they acted at the end of the episode.

This episode featured Rick, Morgan, Abraham, Glen, Sasha, and Daryl mostly... there are some new players, most notably the black guy with the glasses, and the guy that tried to kill Glen. The cast is getting too big and there will be sure to be plenty of deaths to older characters to make room for newer ones. Carol is going to keep blending in unnoticed until some shit goes down. She's Rick's ace in the hole, and Morgan noticed it in a flashback. That was a key moment I believe.

After the next episode, It will be interesting to see how the town reacts to Rick... they'll probably fault him for someone else's sabotage if the cause isn't realized after the dust settles.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

It doesn't make sense for someone in Alexandria to purposefully screw everyone like that with a loud horn. But for it to be part of an attack strategy.. I could see that being the case. With that one 'anti-rick' guy dieing in the last ep, I don't think anyone else will take his place. If anything this will be a huge wake up call to Alexandria. I'm guessing the walkers will pile up on the walls and start flooding over them because the support struts will act as ladders in the giant mass of walkers. I doubt the walls themselves will fall tho.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Well that escalated quickly.

Carol took out the trash and handled business. Morgan needs to wake up, this is how the world is now. This should be a wake up call to the rest of Alexandria about what Rick said. They've been lucky too long.

I have a feeling the Wolves are all those they sent away, and now they are back for revenge. They don't have any guns, which puts them at a disadvantage, but they are clearly still very dangerous... once again Rick is right... everyone needs to be armed.

Way to go Carol. It looks like Aaron's back pack gave away their location and since he lost that only recently at the walker trap, the quarry walkers must be unrelated since it must have been filling up with wallet's for a year. And the horn was just a coincidence. Maybe that guy was trying to ram the wall down? Or because he got shot he wasn't alive to hit the brakes. It's a string of bad luck for these ppl.

While everything was happening I thought back to what Sasha said at the dinner party. "My favorite food? That's what you're afraid about!?" Definite wake up call for Alexandria. Living a normal lifestyle in the apocalypse is just a dream.

If any of them used to be from Alexandria they'd have known about it and the location. I bet they'd have looted them long ago. If anything the ppl they let go ended up being in their walker traps like the guy with the red poncho.

The thing that surprised me was that they were just looting and enslaving but had no interest in taking the place for themselves. They must have a well defended base somewhere.

One can guess that Enid, Carl's little g/f, might be in some way related to the Wolves or a few other groups that come to mind that have not been introduced yet :). Her wanting to bail on Alexandria when the Wolves showed up and her success of it once they leave kind of points to her having something to hide. Poor Carl....when will he ever pop his cherry in this post apocalyptic world.

PS. I'm back form the dead.

sig.php

All hail piggy, king of bacon ^)^

My guess is Glenn isn't dead. Intestine doesn't come out of your chest... that was Nicolas body that was being shredded... he makes it some how.

Rick finished off what was left from Morgan's miscue. I'm concerned about his hand.

Enid might be one of the wolves. Maybe shes a scout since she kept running over the wall. That day Carl followed her it put a stop to her reconnaissance and maybe prompted the wolves to move up their attack strategy.

Nicholas's body was definitely being torn apart on top of Glenn, but I don't have high hopes for him. It wouldn't take those walkers long to shred thru that first layer of human and start eating Glenn. But if he were to survive, he might have been able to pull himself under that dumpster and with all the gore and blood on him, he might have smelled like a walker at that point. Also, when Rick called Glenn on the walkie talkie he could have thrown it away from himself and used Rick's voice as a distraction to possibly escape or better conceal himself.

The best comment of the week was someone saying "Since when was this Kung Fu: The Legend Continues?" ROTFL!

Honestly, the episode wasn't bad, but I have no idea why they needed 90 minutes for it. That's what is making everyone sour. They hyped a 90 minute episode which are generally reserved for big events, and we got this. The season has been face pace and we hit a wall here with this. They could have easily done the b&w flashbacks with the major points of this episode while focusing on the now.

This ep seemed a bit forced, just to have some Daryl time. Some random people were ambushing them... it can't be the wolves, they are better armed, and better dressed. They don't look like a bunch of savages like the wolves do. These people that stole Daryl's bike, I don't know if we'll ever see them again. This new group of greedly hostiles and the Wolves can pose a double threat to Alexandria. If the guy and the girl get caught, no doubt they will talk.

Who do you think was on the walkie talkie at the end? It might have been Glenn, but I have a feeling it was the guy that stole Daryl's bike. He got his walkie at the same time, so he might have used it to try and find another person to steal from. Abraham and Sasha seems like and odd combo for a relationship. He has a thing with Rosalita and has shown no interest in any one else this entire time. Then out of nowhere he has a thing for her because they're both a bit psycho? Ok..

I was surprised to see Carl get shot in the face like that. I'm glad he survived but I expected more people to get killed off in the beginning of the season.. like Glen.. who is apparently immortal in this show seeing as he keeps getting into completely impossible to survive scenarios, and still survives somehow. O_O

That RPG shot was the most accurate demonstration of an RPG I've seen in any tv show in years. lol. There was no.. "Look out! RPG!".. instead it was an instantaneous surprise explosion. Hell yeah. KABOOM! XD

I really have to refrain from saying too much. I figured they'd change Jesus's name to prevent some kind of offended outcry. They def picked the guy that looks the part though. This is a pivotal moment for the TV show. While the series on both mediums have always had walkers as a big part of it, its about to transition way more about human interaction and walkers may become more of a backdrop with less emphasis. Terminus and the Wolves were semi-prep I guess... it seems like the wolves were just a wasted filler though. Negan is a bad bad dude, more than the Governor could ever dream of being. It will be interesting to see how they portray him within the limits of cable TV. This villain will probably last a good 2 or more seasons as well.

I ordered Compendium 3 of the comic yesterday, I can't wait to start reading again, The show has almost caught up where I left off.

If you didn't get the jist of how Negan's community works from the Daryl/Abraham/Sasha encounter, I'll leave this short comic semi-spoiler here.

He basically demands scheduled tribute payment of 1/2 of everything you have. Communities he's "claimed" must scavenge to keep enough to live on while paying tribute for what Negan calls "protection".

Michonne and Rick. They were sitting on that couch like an old married couple. It didn't surprise me that they finally hooked up. :D I'm glad they time skipped a couple months. I really didn't want to have flash backs of season 2 with Carl laying in a bed with injuries for 5-6 episodes.

I just read all of Compendium 3 today... once you start reading these things, they're impossible to put down. I was told that where I stopped is only 2 months behind where the issues are now, which is only 4 magazines. They have enough content to efficiently use Negan for 2-3 seasons.

Alexandria is coming to grips that you must kill live humans to survive. This is a big change from killing those that already have died or attacked first. They screwed up in the end though. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.