This movie was a hell of a lot of fun. Screw reviews. Was it a masterfully written story with deep, complex characters a rich dialogue? Hell no, who was really expecting it to have all that? It was a ton of action and light humor. I'd say it was very 80ish action at that. It was like Inglorious Basterds from hell. Will Smith put on one of his best performances in a long while and Margret Robbie nailed Harley Quinn despite what people were complaining about the over sexualization of the character. Yes her costume was pure fan service, but she nailed the persona. Leto was a very dark Joker, I liked it, but Ledger was better. Then again this film is way more comic-y and less serious.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Just finished watching this a little while ago and I enjoyed it. It was definitely not on an Avengers level of quality tho. If it was Killer Croc would have actually been 9 to 11 feet tall like he was in the comics and cartoons. Seeing soldiers taller than him really makes the character seem completely out of place and unbelievable. It'd be like the Hulk being played nowadays by a body builder again like Lou Ferrigno did in the 80s. Harley Quinn was a good portrayal (the director constantly showing ass shots of her belittles her character tho), but in those flashback scenes with the joker it didn't emphasize that she fell in love with the joker because of stockholm syndrome. This was definitely a movie with Will Smith as the anchor tho. He did a good job as Deadshot (although I liked the portrayal of Deadshot in the CW Arrow series much more), but ever since I watched him in "The Pursuit of Happyness", he has set a bar for himself imo that he has never been able to reach back up to. Aside from I am Legend, I haven't been impressed with his work in years. :\ One more negative thing I noticed that is a huge pet peeve of mine and made me want to post a rant about this movie.. lol. The enchantress, after she got her power up from her brother, looked like a floating head on a CG body. Oh god how I hate that. That alone made me realize all the other things that disappointed me. XD Other than that, the action, gunplay, explosions, etc. all easily fit my criteria of a movie I'd enjoy watching.

enchantress.gif

Damn that floating head effect. She looked so much cooler before that power up, like a super powerful version of the grudge movies.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

He was good in Independence Day, but then a year later Men in Black came out and it felt like he was playing a completely similar character but in a different scenario. I did like his character in Enemy of the State, I forgot all about that movie. Avoid "After Earth" at all cost tho. x_x

I Am Legend was awesome if you watch the original ending and not the shitty theater ending that invalidates the whole story.  ><

Suicide Squad was a junk food movie.  Nothing substantial, but enjoyable and perfectly ok in small doses.  Not really any re-watchability for me, but I did have fun watching it when it came out.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

2 hours ago, Dubird said:

I Am Legend was awesome if you watch the original ending and not the shitty theater ending that invalidates the whole story.  ><

Suicide Squad was a junk food movie.  Nothing substantial, but enjoyable and perfectly ok in small doses.  Not really any re-watchability for me, but I did have fun watching it when it came out.

The original ending to I Am Legend came off as a shitty plot twist to me. The theater ending was at least consistent with the rest of the movie.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

The original ending is the one in the book.  For me, the theater's ending just made it into a generic monster movie.  The original ending felt more consistent to me. *shrug*

acsig2016.jpg

1 hour ago, Dubird said:

The original ending is the one in the book.  For me, the theater's ending just made it into a generic monster movie.  The original ending felt more consistent to me. *shrug*

The theater ending to me just seemed more appropriate to be because all I really remembered from the monsters were

1. Them chasing Will Smith.
  2. Will Smith trying to cure them.
  3. Flashbacks where they were attacking every human that was fleeing the city.
  4. It being stated that they were still killing humans.
  5. Will Smith having to kill the dog because it was implied that the dog wanted to kill him.

.... Yeah I know I don't remember the name of the character Will Smith played.... But none of this comes off as a misunderstanding.

And while I haven't read the book if it revolves around a Butterfly Tattoo as the only proof that the main character is the true monster then I still consider it a shitty plot twist.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

2 hours ago, Dubird said:

I assumed it was another generic monster movie. I had no idea it was based off a book. O_O I might have to pick that up if I ever get through my back log of un-canonized star wars novels.

13 hours ago, Myk JL said:

The theater ending to me just seemed more appropriate to be because all I really remembered from the monsters were

1. Them chasing Will Smith.
  2. Will Smith trying to cure them.
  3. Flashbacks where they were attacking every human that was fleeing the city.
  4. It being stated that they were still killing humans.
  5. Will Smith having to kill the dog because it was implied that the dog wanted to kill him.

.... Yeah I know I don't remember the name of the character Will Smith played.... But none of this comes off as a misunderstanding.

And while I haven't read the book if it revolves around a Butterfly Tattoo as the only proof that the main character is the true monster then I still consider it a shitty plot twist.

Butterfly Tattoo?  I actually don't remember that being of any importance in him realizing that he's actually the bad guy.  Of course, it's been a while, so I could be wrong! ^^;

For me, the original ending was memorable to me, where the theater ending was Will Smith blows himself up to kill the creatures.  Pure fluff and making a possible good movie a very mediocre one.  The original ending I can still see in my head.  Not saying it was some super deep thoughtful movie that has major meanings because it wasn't.  But at least the original ending HAD a meaning.  The theater ending was just....action meh.

12 hours ago, Sledgstone said:

I assumed it was another generic monster movie. I had no idea it was based off a book. O_O I might have to pick that up if I ever get through my back log of un-canonized star wars novels.

That's my point.  The theater ending was a generic monster movie, and not even really a good one.  I haven't read the book so I don't know where the movie deviated (probably a lot of places), but from what I know, the original ending kept the spirit of the book and the theater one....didn't.

Still, not the worst movie Will Smith ever made. *coughAfterEarthcough*

acsig2016.jpg

13 minutes ago, Dubird said:

Butterfly Tattoo?  I actually don't remember that being of any importance in him realizing that he's actually the bad guy.  Of course, it's been a while, so I could be wrong! ^^;

For me, the original ending was memorable to me, where the theater ending was Will Smith blows himself up to kill the creatures.  Pure fluff and making a possible good movie a very mediocre one.  The original ending I can still see in my head.  Not saying it was some super deep thoughtful movie that has major meanings because it wasn't.  But at least the original ending HAD a meaning.  The theater ending was just....action meh.

The plot twist ending revolves only around this obsession with butterflies as the only proof that he was the bad guy. Plot twist endings only work IF the movie reflects on how they work. Its what separates the I Am Legend "book ending" starring Will Smith from M. Night Shyamalan's only good movie The Sixth Sense.

Will Smith blowing himself up wasn't a great ending. But it didn't seem out of context when factoring in.

1. The creatures chasing Will Smith.
  2. Will Smith trying to cure the creatures.
  3. Flashbacks where the creatures were attacking every human that was fleeing the city.
  4. It being stated that the creatures were still killing humans.

If I had never seen the I Am Legend "book ending" starring Will Smith I would still consider it a good movie. (Not a great movie but a good movie.) This plot twist comes off as shitty not because it HAD a meaning. But because it HAD a meaning that didn't fit the rest of the film they made.

On 4/28/2017 at 0:59 PM, Myk JL said:

The plot twist ending revolves only around this obsession with butterflies as the only proof that he was the bad guy. Plot twist endings only work IF the movie reflects on how they work. Its what separates the I Am Legend "book ending" starring Will Smith from M. Night Shyamalan's only good movie The Sixth Sense.

Will Smith blowing himself up wasn't a great ending. But it didn't seem out of context when factoring in.

1. The creatures chasing Will Smith.
  2. Will Smith trying to cure the creatures.
  3. Flashbacks where the creatures were attacking every human that was fleeing the city.
  4. It being stated that the creatures were still killing humans.

If I had never seen the I Am Legend "book ending" starring Will Smith I would still consider it a good movie. (Not a great movie but a good movie.) This plot twist comes off as shitty not because it HAD a meaning. But because it HAD a meaning that didn't fit the rest of the film they made.

I'm going to have to go watch it again because I didn't get that.  What I got was that the entire movie, including Will Smith's character, built up that these are mindless zombie type creatures, just monsters.  But the original ending's twist is that they're not.  They're still human inside, and he's the monster for doing all these experiments on sentient beings.

acsig2016.jpg

The Suicide Squad (2021)

Spoiler

Sarcasm

I can't believe James Gunn murdered TJ Miller! I was expecting to see him in Deadpool 3!

/Sarcasm

My movie rankings for 2021 so far

1. The Suicide Squad - 5/5
  2. Nobody (2021) - 5/5
  3. The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard (2021) - 5/5
  4. Mortal Kombat (2021) - 3/5, Kano - 4/5
  5. Wrath of Man (2021) - 2/5, Jason Statham - 4/5

It was a fun movie. Pretty much on par with DC animated movies in terms of the movie being focused on the character abilities, combat and their crazy behaviors and metal instabilities. I enjoyed it. And lmao, I did not realize King Shark was played by Sylvester Stallone until after I watched the movie. He nailed the character as good as Vin Diesel did Groot. XD