DeathscytheX

Destiny: The Taken King

http://www.destinythegame.com/taken-king

Looks like there will be a new campaign.. which if its like the original campaign, it'll take a couple afternoons.

http://www.destinythegame.com/taken-king/wheretobuy

That collectors set looks as elaborate as the set I bought for the base game. I'm still going to have to pass on it all tho. Too many other games are coming out this year that will leave me broke as it is. Still no mention of match making raids.. once september comes around, I'm sure the weekly nightfall and heroic will have their base lowest level raised which means I'll pretty much be done with the game once the new expansion hits. -_-

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

After playing the raids, matchmaking would be a waste of your time tbh. With a bunch of randoms not using a mic, the raid would never succeed if they make it like VoG where it's impossible to beat it as a last man standing. In game LFG would be a lot better so you could sort out your team before going in.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

If they bring in an in-game LFG I'd consider buying this because matchmaking, as DX pointed out, would be rather difficult since communication is key to doing a raid successfully (yes even Crota requires communication even if it is easier then VoG).

Even a new campaign isn't worth going back for since you could honestly beat the original campaign in a couple of hours if you set the time aside to do so (I think in total you could do the entirety of Destiny Vanilla in about 3 hours, 4 if you actually took your time). Plus the trailer, with what little story it gave away, didn't look all that impressive (outside of the new subclasses) and they really need to do an expansion dedicated to the Cabal because I'm sick of Vex, Hive, and Fallen. I really want to know more about the Cabal since they're the odd man out (you only get one planet you deal with them on where as you get 2 for every other race (3 for Fallen)).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

http://kotaku.com/why-destiny-players-feel-screwed-over-1713417685

I saw this the other day. It does seem a bit ridiculous to buy the entire core game and previous expansions again just to unlock some emotes. Pretty ballsy of the of the bungie employee to assume everyone will pay that much just for a couple emotes. If they threw gjallahorn and hawkmoon into that package they'd have probably gotten some larger sales.

Iron Banner starts tomorrow. Ever since I made it to the lighthouse I've been like Meh on this game. I probably won't spend anymore time on it and I def wont spend any more money on it. I will buy Destiny 2. I can see what bungie tried to do. Last gen just crippled this game so bad. Hopefully the next game will be what this game was suppose to be and they can actually wait 2+ years to release a $40+ expansion. The next installment is probably going to be vastly different, and lack a god like weapon like Gjallahorn... of course they will sell a DLC with Gally in it, but it will never be as game breaking as it has been in this game. I tried to explain that to a co-worker and he just couldn't grasp it. In this game there is Fatebringer, Blackhammer, Gally > everything else in primary, special, heavy for PVE. PVP there is The Messenger/Thorn/Red Death , Pre-HoW Fellwinters, Truth > everything else.  Bungie hired one of Guild Wars' lead designers this past year... HoW was a clear sign that he was on board. I expect the sequel to have way more balance and a lot better endgame content... along with an in game LFG.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Heh, I got on the other day long enough to buy Red Death just so I could have it otherwise I haven't picked up the game since the last time we did PoE. I might get Destiny 2 if it's drastically different from Destiny because honestly Bungie is just recycling the formula they made with Vanilla and just, badly, trying to up the difficulty just to keep people interested. They need to learn that upping level through gear is artificial and limits the bounds of what you can do in the game (which most MMO's learn which is why quite a few are on a yearly or 2 year Expansion plan that increases level caps and changes things up (yes it does get stale, look at WoW, but at least it adds variety)). Honestly I don't think Destiny 2 will be any different from what we already have but if Bungie can figure out a way to present the same old thing as new and fresh just maybe 2 will be worth the money (even if we've technically bought two Destiny games already between the 2 old DLC's and the Vanilla copy of the game).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Destiny 2 should time skip 100+ years into the future so they can make a brand new campaign from scratch with only brief references to the original horrible campaign.

Did you see the dlc pre orders we can buy separately? Only $20 for some emotes.

It won't be long until gally and the other god weapons are left in the dust and are outdated by "year 1" limitations. With more dlc and a never ending level cap increase, unless they let ppl upgrade everything to "year 2" gally will be crapped on I bet.