Sledgstone

Christmas / Holiday Presents?

How was everyone's holiday? Did you get any good presents in real life and / or in game?

The highlight for me with physical gifts is my new Roku HD streaming stick. This thing is pretty cool. With the Time Warner app on it, its like I have an extra cable box without the monthly fee. It gets Time Warner on demand and live channels including all the higher tier ones like History 2, etc. I can't find the local channels tho unfortunately. I might have to keep this crappy little HD converter $1 a month box from Time Warner just for those channels. The Netflix app works great on the Roku too. The only thing that caught me off guard is that I noticed the Roku broadcasts it's own wifi signal.. wtf. Its passworded off but still, it seems odd to have that broadcasting. I haven't tested the phone app part of it yet, but overall the Roku is pretty damn nice.

In game.. I got a new Wintersday tree in GW2 and I'm trying to play the stock market / trading post.. I now have 6 mini ho-ho trons in my in game bank and I've already lost 15 gold in my investment because they keep getting cheaper. Hopefullly the prices sky rocket in the summer. Same with these 3 red wintersday gifts I'm saving too.. If not for my investment plans I could be close to 200 gold by now. XD I might buy that artic outfit too. The more I look at it in the gem store, the more I think it'll look good on my charr with the hood off. lol.

I know steam's holiday sale is going on, but it feels like I've already purchased every game I've been wanting over the past couple years already, so I haven't felt the desire to buy anything else from them at this point.

I also got Dragon Age Inquisition, Shadows of Mordor and Walking Dead Season 2 all for PS4 during the black friday sales. I thought $20 for Walking Dead 2 was good at the time because I've never seen PSN do any kind of steam sale price matching.. and then I see PSN is running a flash sale.. both Walking Dead games for $6.25 a piece on PS4. I went ahead and bought both digitially. I'll be trading in my physical copy of WD2 to walmart for $13. I'll be out $7 but at least I'll have digital copies of both games now.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I'm barely a Scrooge during Christmas. I'll still wish people a Merry Christmas or a Happy Holiday if they say Happy Holidays. But beyond that I avoid Christmas. The idea of giving gifts to people who are (or were) barely part of my life seems pointless.

The closest I came to celebrating Christmas this year was buying Christmas candy that was on sale during Kwanza. (AKA the 2nd day of Christmas.) And I'll be getting my Bogs Steel Toe Boots on the 8th day of Christmas.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I generally use Christmas as an excuse to buy something for myself. :P I'm not big on buying presents for others, even my own family.

I rather stick to my usual excuses / reasons that I had to preorder from GameStop. Or Humble Bundle did another limited time offer. Or GOG has another free game.

I haven't gone out of my way to preorder or even buy anything from Steam on what I consider to be my second temporary PC.

Otherwise I'm still waiting for the other items I bought from Amazon.

• Deadpool Classic Volume 10
  • Deadpool - Volume 10: Evil Deadpool
  • Lobo / The Authority: Holiday Hell
  • Furries Furever
  • Cosmos: A Space Time Odyssey
  • Godzilla (2014)
  • And some see through DVD Cases because my pre-owned Saints Row Double Pack lacked the plastic piece that would hold the other video game.

I also bought some DLC for Fable 3 that wasn't there before when Lizard Squad decided to DDoS PSN. And on youtube I finally favorited Lobo: Paramilitary Christmas, and Judas & Jesus The Animated Version. Warning the latter contains Glorious Yiff....

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Cosmos: A Space Time Odyssey was damn good. I wouldn't mind ordering a dvd or blu ray set of that. The one thing I did want to buy this holiday season but didn't was the blu-ray sets of Vikings season 1 and 2 but they never went on sale for a good price. Amazon has them for about $30 a set.. but thats no real sale. 9 episodes for $30 seems way to high a price to me.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg