Disney Channels Worldwide has announced a second season for the Star Wars Rebels animated series  from Lucasfilm, more than a day before the series’ TV premiere

The series premiered with it's opening movie last night and I was impressed. I had lower expectations for this show and thought it would be another clone wars series, but instead it was quite a bit different. The scene changes and flow of the series is very different. I would have preferred a different animation style, but its good for what it is. Star Wars Rebels takes place shortly after the fall of the Jedi that happened in Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith. Here is the best part though.. this series seems to be very inspired by KOTOR.

post-1-0-71793200-1412430395_thumb.jpg

Source: ICv2

This post has been promoted to an article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

5 years since I made this post I finally got around to watching Star Wars Rebels on Disney+. I only watched the first 3-4 episodes of season 1 when it first came out and I lost interest at the time. Turns out I needed to stick with it. This show is solid. I'm on season 4 now. This is honestly a must watch for Star Wars Fans and is easily on par with the Clone Wars series. Its basically a sequel to Clone Wars. The first season is a bit kiddish, especially the first handful of eps which is why I must have dropped it initially, but it grew up fast. The multiple plot lines fill in alot of gaps created by the prequel movies and the clone wars series. Maul is in this too and we get to see what happens with him after the events of the clone wars series. Hell.. everyone is in this show at some point. Season 2 had a Vader battle that was epic. If you haven't watched Clone Wars you'll be at a disadvantage because of the characters that are referenced in it, or are straight up in this series... Like Ashoka and Rex from the 501st. Leia, Mon Mothma, and others all show up at some point. Saul from the Rogue Squadron movie is in this. And all the voice acting is great with many celebrity voices and VAs from clone wars reprising their roles. And the best part.. Thrawn is in this. And interdictor cruisers are cannon. Why the f*ck didn't the first order have these in the movie? It would have completely prevented the Holdo suicide attack.

I could go on about this series, I'm that impressed. This show is great. Alot of mandalorian content too since quite a few eps take place on Mandalor. If you have Disney+ watch Clone Wars first and then Rebels.. amazing series. Both start off slow, but become epic.

I have something to look forward to watching. :D Looks like it resumes where the series left off at. Since a good handful of these characters are in Star Wars Rebels and that takes place many years after the end of the clone wars I'm guessing some of those fights in the trailer will end in some kind of stalemate or something. Interesting that the clip leaded with a shot of Mandalore from space and high ranking mandalorian.. maybe the events in this series will cover some plot holes introduced or at least fill in some back story for the Mandalorian series.

I finished the last episode of the last season of Clone Wars yesterday. Holy shit that was epic. The final 4 episodes combined could have been aired as an animated movie. It is literally the end of the clone wars and shows what happened with Ashoka during the events of Star Wars episode 3, The Revenge of the Sith. It all fits perfectly as to why she was not in the movies. I'm very pleased we got this final season. I'd love to see more of her character in a standalone series, either animated or live action. Especially considering how they left her character in an open ended adventure at the end of Rebels.

I heard it gets better by season 3, but right now its pretty predicable and campy. Its entertaining enough to keep going, but Jar Jar is insufferable as ever, and the clones are purely bantha fodder outside of Rex and Cody. You can tell everyone else is red shirts from Star Trek. XD

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

It does get better. Lol. The first couple seasons was definitely targeted more to a younger audience. Its definitely worth watching all the way thru just for the lore since it's all considered canon. Season 6 does get a bit slow but it's full of alot of info too.

Season 3 the series has definitely picked up, and has started shifting towards more mature despite the TV-PG rating. But it kinda fell back on dumb situations nearing the end here. Like Ahsoka getting captured by lizard people in the middle of a war that has nothing to do with them? Really? My main gripe is how often Jedi get KO'ed and lose their lightsaber. Especially to inferior enemies like droids. I also like how Savage Oppress could become an intermediate level force wielder in a couple of days... wtf? XD So many Jedi have died so easily in this series.

I feel the most sorry for Padme though... not only does she have the same rib cage as 3CPO, but she's constantly getting undercut. Like all her plans fail and her friends get killed. Obviously she can't know that Palps is one step ahead of her at every corner. But even as a viewer in the know, its still frustrating to watch. The show does do a good job of making issues that you already know exist, still evoke a negative emotions.

10 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

My main gripe is how often Jedi get KO'ed and lose their lightsaber. Especially to inferior enemies like droids. I also like how Savage Oppress could become an intermediate level force wielder in a couple of days... wtf? XD So many Jedi have died so easily in this series.

Lmao! After watching Clone Wars I figured there must have been large amounts of super weak jedi in the galaxy. XD I always thought all jedi were badasses, but I guess every group needs their own red shirts/canon fodder units. XD

As for main characters like Anakin or Ashoka I like to think of them in video game terms.. Ashoka getting kidnapped just means she needs to level up more. Around then she's like level 20 imo..XD by the end of the series she's like level 99. XD

I really enjoy Clone Wars. I'm into season 5 now. But I still have major gripes.. like every "escape" ever fails. Every escape ends in capture of everyone or someone where they have to go back and save them. They still fall back on silly story arcs. Like it was really getting good with the whole Savage/Maul episodes, and then we go to younglings and droids doing missions. I will say Hondo is such a great character. It would be cool to see him and Cad Bane in a future season of the Mandalorian.

General Grievous was such a wasted opportunity in the prequel movies and so was Dooku. They honestly could have canned the whole idea for Ep 1, never had Darth Maul at all and just did 1-3 with Grievous and Dooku as the main villains.

You can tell that Respawn were Clone Wars fans. They did an excellent job with Dathomir and Ilum in Fallen Order. I'm sure it was/is much more of an experience for Clone Wars watchers to go to these places.

Grievous and Dooku were amazing villains in clone wars... but like you said... watch them in episode 1 and it's like, wtf, why are they so weak. Grievous especially had some amazing fights in clone wars, but in episode 1 when he's fighting Kenobi it seems so slow paced.

I finished The Clone Wars. I guess the show tried to balance between a child/young person's show while keeping the interest of older star wars fans. Overall I liked it, but at times it was so exhausting I had to take a week off from it. the last 2 seasons were the best, and it really shined When Ahsoka left the order and Fives uncovered the conspiracy. From that point forward was the best stretch of the entire series. The chilling ending scene was fantastic.

The Star Wars live action universe can really use Cad Bane and Hondo. Through all the muck of the first 4 seasons, Their episodes were among my favorites. I would have rather had them featured more than some of those eps that featured way too much mysticism like the light side/dark side planet, or the droids adventure arc. 

Either way I'm pretty excited to see Ahsoka and Rex in Mandalorian S2 now.

Rebels is a polar opposite of Clone Wars. I care about the characters less and most my excitement comes from seeing established characters like Leia, Yoda, Vader, Lando, and even Hando.

But the writing is waaaay better. The story is less predictable. Its not folly after folly. But the animation quality is shit, Lightsabers are too thin, and its like the series is a video game that loses FPS during intense moments. They should have stuck with the same animation studio. I hope one day we get a legit collab with a top tier anime studio like Madhouse to get a high quality hand drawn Star Wars series. Preferably an Ahsoka series, or even an Old Republic series. 

I watched this last year before I ever saw an ep of Clone Wars or Rebels. I got to this ep tonight and have a greater appreciation for it. Its def not my favorite animated lightsaber duel ever, but the meaning behind it is super impactful and masterfully done. Maul was a really good character through both series. I actually felt sorry for him when he died. Kenobi had empathy for him in the end. If you didn't catch the nuances of this very short and brief encounter, this video will give you a whole new appreciation for it.