Sledgstone

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 - Teaser Trailer

The worldwide phenomenon of The Hunger Games continues to set the world on fire with The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1, which finds Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) in District 13 after she literally shatters the games forever. Under the leadership of President Coin (Julianne Moore) and the advice of her trusted friends, Katniss spreads her wings as she fights to save Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) and a nation moved by her courage.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 is directed by Francis Lawrence from a screenplay by Danny Strong and Peter Craig and produced by Nina Jacobson's Color Force in tandem with producer Jon Kilik. The novel on which the film is based is the third in a trilogy written by Suzanne Collins that has over 65 million copies in print in the U.S. alone.

I've enjoyed The Hunger Games movies, but I don't see why the last one has to be so long that it needs to be broken up into two parts.

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

None of these movies have grabbed my interest outside of liking the plot of vilifying the one percent. Still it now makes me miss The Critic. To think we could've had a Hunger Games episode named, Mocking Jay Sherman.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I thought you'd be into this kinda stuff though, Myk.

I'm surprised there isn't much talk about this cash cow over-rated rehash bullshit teeny bopper movie franchise that's a BR rip off. It gets even more lovable when you Google what the writer has to say about the many many similarities between both series in question. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I thought you'd be into this kinda stuff though, Myk.

I'm surprised there isn't much talk about this cash cow over-rated rehash bullshit teeny bopper movie franchise that's a BR rip off. It gets even more lovable when you Google what the writer has to say about the many many similarities between both series in question.

Disturbingly, Hunger Games has inspired me to do some brain storming. But yeah I have no interest in "this cash cow over-rated rehash bullshit teeny bopper movie franchise" as you've already called it.

Also I have not seen Battle Royale (assuming that's what you're posting about) so I can't really say much about that.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I still haven't watched Battle Royale. I'll watch it eventually but I'm not in a rush to see it. Most Japanese films don't live up to my expectations. The american version of "The Grudge" was far superior to "Ju-on" imo. Same with "The Ring" compared to "Ring". The live action Death Note movie sucked too. Most Japanese anime is crap to me now too because its all the same junior high school girls in school outfits and every main character somehow lives in a dojo. Its like how I lost all interest in season 2 of Sword Art Online after I saw the guy actually lived in a dojo. Everything has been done before and keeps being repeated endlessly.. At least Sharknado was an original concept. XD

I do like the Hunger Games movies tho. Mostly because its a strong female lead and she kills people. I like that and it reminds me a bit of Kill Bill. Its refreshing to see a strong woman character.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Experiencing the 2nd movie in the theater and seeing people react to stupid dumb emotion I got a scratch so please GASP loud scenes was laughable. The level of acceptable standards for entertainment is amazing these days. We're getting closer to Idiocracy ; ) and I cannot wait!

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.