My brother informed me that his PS4 ejected a couple games on him last week. He told me that he turned off the system, unplugged it, cleaned off the power and eject buttons on the console, lifted it up and put it down.. plugged it in the next day and he hasn't had an issue since. He said that when it was happening, he was playing a digital game and the console would randomly make the ejection noise even without a disk in it.

I experienced this issue last night and today. I noticed my BF4 disk was sticking out of the PS4 yesterday and I figured someone probably rubbed their butt against the button by accident. Well.. today when I went to put Watch Dogs in, I noticed BF4 sitting there like a tongue sticking out at me. I put Watch Dogs in so it could start installing and I walked away for a bit.. I came back and the game was spit out. I put it back in, watched the install for a while and it ejected again. I did a quick google search and I found this article:

http://techbooters.com/2014/04/02/ps4-auto-ejecting-discs-heres-fix/

Which references this article:

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5061

I easily pushed off the glossy part of the PS4, located the screw... Not the HD screw which is obvious.. no, this screw is straight down. Its a manual eject screw. I have a set of small screw drivers and started turning it. The screw appears to float and do nothing, so I pushed down on it while turning and then it seems to have some resistance and it felt like that is how the screw is supposed to manually eject discs. So I turned it clockwise for a while and it never seemed to fully tighten, and when you release pressure from that screw it resumes floating in the air. Anyway, after turning it clockwise a bit, I put the cover back on the system and put Watch Dogs back in. So far it has finished the install and it has been running for about 40 minutes now without an issue. I'm not certain if this is a major flaw with the cd drive or a simple case of a screw not being torqued correctly prior to shipping. If it starts ejecting disks on me again, I'll deal with Sony's support and see if I need to send my system in or not.

Its odd, because the system has been running great up until just last night / today. Maybe its taken 6 months of use for the hard drive's natural spinning to cause enough vibration to loosen that screw? I'm not certain. But if it happens to anyone else, try this screw tightening fix, it takes about 2 minutes.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

odd. after 80+ hours on BF4, and another 20 on Infamous, including the 10 or more on Resogun and Contrast I have not experienced this. I don't think you do, but does your bro have his PS4 on its side? My PS4 doesn't really vibrate at all, the only disc sounds it makes is when it first loads a game then its just the fans making noise. odd.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

His console is sitting flat like mine. My system doesn't actually vibrate, I was thinking that maybe the micro vibrations might have had an affect over time. The disk drive definitely makes more vibration than the hard drive tho. Yeah it was very odd. I don't know if me tightening that screw that fixed the issue or just unplugging it and plugging it back in fixed it, because the system worked fine after that and there was no disk sticking out of the system this morning. I might put a blu ray movie in it this weekend to test it more, because a movie would definitely give that disk drive a good work out.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Hmmm, considering I've only had mine for 2 months I have yet to run into this problem. Watch plenty of movies (both DVD and Blu-Ray) and that doesn't really tax the drive or cause it to vibrate any more then usual (that I've noticed). Interesting little system problem. Only disc drive problem I ran into was mine deciding it didn't want to eject BF4 a few weeks ago yet still showed it as ejected on my system. Fixed by rebooting but that's the only problem I've had.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589