DeathscytheX

Titanfall Expedition Trailer

Yes. It's a blast to play. I haven't played it in a while because all the other games I have XD. I use to only buy 3-4 major titles a year and that was it. But the industry has really picked it up in making new games I'm actually interested in. I still need to play more Battlefield and PAYDAY, but with the Destiny Beta around the corner and then the game 2 months later, it's going to be hard. Then Hardline comes out in October. XD

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

*triple posts*

Does anyone know if the maps from the DLC are always available in their own playlist? I'm just wondering if the map selection in Titanfall is the same as in Black Ops 2, where you have no actual choice in what map you play when you start a multiplayer match? I always loved the Battlefield server browser.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

They are part of the map cycle. When new maps come out they stay in their own playlist for a short time and then meld into the rotation. Battlefield is the only FPS I know of that lets you choose a map anymore. Maybe the newest counterstrike. But dedicated servers have become a thing of the past for most FPS games.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

So far Titanfall definitely feels like COD, except superior. The giant mechs are great, the game looks and plays great, but I don't feel any sense of teamwork. I'll finish up the story line missions tomorrow to get a better impression of it.

I'm glad it's free on origin this weekend. I might play the helm out of it tomorrow and be content on not buying it. But I'm also one of those ppl that like a campaign over endless 6 vs 6 matches. :P I hope titanfall 2 has an amazing campaign. :P

I played some Titanfall today.. and it was quite fun. Even though I was able to play the game on max settings, I really needed to drop the video settings down to stop lag issues while playing. And streaming this game was a b*tch for my PC.. it added quite a bit of lag to my game even though it doesn't look like it in this video:

http://www.twitch.tv/sledgstone/b/540902896

After a while, I stopped streaming so I could enjoy the game.. then I noticed that Origin has its own built in twitch streaming, which works quite crappy. It turned everything blue until I unchecked the "Optimized streaming" setting or whatever that little check box was. I think my problem with my first stream was that I was streaming at 60 fps in my full monitor resolution, while Origin's streaming was capped out at 30 fps and 720p. Origin's streaming also crashed my game repeatedly.

Origin blue streaming, wtf:

http://www.twitch.tv/sledgstone/b/540921228

And Origin streaming working and me in a horrible match:

http://www.twitch.tv/sledgstone/b/540927188

In the end, I switched over to keyboard and mouse because I'm not used to my xbox 360 controller's sensitivity for FPS games. The game was enjoyable, but the "campaign" seemed like it was pointless, and stupid me went to take the dog outside friday night and left the game in the lobby instead of the main menu.. by the time I got back to the PC it was on the 3rd mission.. wtf.. why didn't the game boot me for being idle!? I must have been the worst team mate ever.. just standing there getting killed endlessly.. So I tried to restart the campaign and apparently I couldn't so I'll just watch it on a lets play because I couldn't get past the 3rd mission anyway because it kept repeating on me. So I switched over to multiplayer and with the correct video settings, it was a high paced game.. but I still prefer Battlefield. This felt like Call of Duty, except far superior. The mobility and parkour made a huge difference over the COD titles I've played before too.

But I won't be buying this game for a couple reasons. Battlefield has me spoiled. I'd rather play on a company's server with map selections and numerous game modes and vehicles. Does anyone know if Titanfall actually has servers? I know the grunts are supposed to be powered by MS's cloud servers, but I find that difficult to believe. It seemed to me that the games were hosted off whoever's PC had the best connection like Call of Duty. And just like I'd expect of a FPS game on PC, I saw numerous "Ping of Death" attacks against my router's firewall during the time I was playing Titanfall multiplayer. My router has been crapping out on me for the past week or so, but at least it's firewall is still working correctly. If they make Titanfall 2 on PS4 and it has an actual campaign that will let me hone my fighting skills in before I take the plunge into multiplayer, then I'll buy it.