Pchan

Battlestar Galactica Movie

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/battlestar-galactica-movie-gets-new-life-at-universal-exclusive-1201153687/

Universal is ramping up a movie version of the sci-fi franchise “Battlestar Galactica,” aiming to develop the film as a complete reimagining of the story.

“Transcendence” writer Jack Paglen has signed on to write the screenplay. Paglen has also committed to Ridley Scott’s “Prometheus” sequel for Fox that will start production this fall.

Original series creator Glen Larson will produce the “Battlestar Galactica” film.

There have been three “Galactica” TV series (including the brief “Galactica 1980″). The first, starring Lorne Greene and Richard Hatch, ran during the 1978-79 season and was centered on humans engaged in a lengthy war against a cybernetic race known as the Cylons while searching for Earth.

In 2003, a reimagined “Battlestar Galactica” miniseries aired on Sci Fi Channel. The second series, starring Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell, went on to run for four seasons.

In 2009, speculation emerged that Bryan Singer was attached to direct a “Battlestar Galactica” movie.

Universal’s exec VP of production Scott Bernstein and director of development Jay Polidoro are overseeing the latest version of “Battlestar Galactica” for the studio.

Warner Bros. will open “Transcendence,” starring Johnny Depp, on April 18.

Paglen is represented by ICM Partners and Lichter Grossman Nichols Adler and Feldman. Larson is represented by the Lichtman Group, manager Denny Bond of Management 3 as well as attorneys Neville Johnson, Douglas Johnson and James Ryan of Johnson & Johnson.

Edited by Pchan

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I'd much rather them do it old school style than what they did with the last series.

And have this theme. :P

I'll believe it when I see it though. I remember the big story a few years back about Buck Rogers and the 25th Century being done by Frank Miller, and that never came to pass.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

It could be an interesting movie, but I doubt it'll be anything as good as the actual series. I remember back in 2009 when a possible movie was first announced. It'll probably only be a matter of time before they shelf this idea again.

Definitely yeah ... it's going to be hard to give the kind of time you have the luxury of having to develop scenarios/ characters that you'd get from a TV series as opposed to a movie. Look at the current Star Trek reboot comparing it to the original series. The other side of this is that just like the TV series was a re-imagining of the old original series, this movie could very well be that or who knows, maybe it takes off after Blood & Chrome? Blood & Chrome by itself is a pretty good series if you ask me. So definitely it'll be tricky but who knows? I'm a bit optimistic because I'm a fan and I owe it to the series by being optimistic and going open minded. The people involved so far are not nobody's, so that's another plus.

Edited by Pchan

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

If they do go through with this movie, I hope its a completely different version of BSG and nothing like the 2000s series. Even being a remake of a remake, they should at least make it completely new and original, maybe even change the core plot around.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg