Here is a tech demo for the Mega Man indie clone, Mighty No. 9. Its resemblance comes from Mega Man's co-creator Keiji Inafune, who left Capcom in 2010. Since Capcom owns the rights to all his creations he set out to make a new game that would play like the beloved blue bomber series which has been mostly neglected for years. When Inafune put his concept for Mighty No. 9 on Kickstarter it was met with an overwhelming response.

Click here to view the article

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'm glad they're showing the progress they are making towards completing the game. At 1:01 you can see Mighty No. 9 shooting at a diagonal. I'm starting to think this game will have similar controls to A.R.E.S. which is another mega man inspired game. In A.R.E.S. you can shoot in all angles by using the right analog stick or shoot directly ahead, or maybe for Mighty No. 9, do power up shots by pressing and / or holding the attack button while jumping and dashing. The 3D side scroller design of this game is very similar to the way Worms Revolution looks compared to Worms Reloaded.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I'm pretty excited about this game. Mega Man 9 was just insanely hard... too hard. Mega Man 2 set the bar for difficulty, and Mega Man 9 just took it too far... then as a counter they made easy modes for Mega Man 10 that just soiled the tradition.

I'm liking what I am seeing with this game. It seems to combine the worlds of Mega Man Classic and Mega Man X.

The first Mega Man X was the perfect Mega Man game for me. All the rest of the mega man games from that point on where insanely difficult. Its one of the few games that I wish would give me a damn easy setting. Those games frustrated the hell out of me. I'd rather play and enjoy the game instead of replaying the same stages over and over again just to memorize enemy attack patterns.

Deep Silver has teamed up with the legendary development teams at Comcept and Inti Creates to bring you the next evolution of a classic gameplay genre. Mighty No. 9 releases on September 15th featuring Cross-buy on PS4/PS3/PS Vita exclusive to PlayStation platforms.

This is going to be so much fun.. as long as there is a difficulty option. Megaman X was my favorite.. almost all the others were rage inducing unbeatable games for me. :eyetwitch:

A year after they said it would come out in September of 2015, we now have this promotional video:

“And make the bad guys cry like an anime fan on prom night”

With the amount of money this game got from kickstarter, I'm really surprised the graphics quality isn't far more impressive than this. And it looks like they went overboard with the dashing. If 95% of the game is having to stare at that dashing animation and endless explosions caused by that dashing animation, I won't be rushing to buy this.

Is that the VA for Sonic from the 90s cartoon? XD This commercial is horrible and looks like a 90s video game ad you would have seen during Nickelodeon morning cartoons.  The dash move can make or break this game. On one hand the combo system can make it sorta like Dust: an Elysian Tail, or it could make the game frustratingly harder than its suppose to be. I don't like gimmicky movement systems that rely on insane amounts of muscle memory and coordination. If it makes me fall to my death a bunch, I'll pass on this game. I'm def not getting it when it come out until I see a lot of gameplay footage.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/21/11994080/is-mighty-no-9-a-trainwreck-lets-find-out-together

Polygon has 40 minutes of footage. I'm not impressed. It looks like a megaman game mixed with the Worms Revolution game engine to give it the 3D look for a 2D platformer. I skipped through a bunch of the gameplay and you have to dash to finish off all the enemies to get the combo bonus. I'll pass on this. Endless dashing and sluggish looking movement. A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda is still my goto megaman clone game. Maybe the full review will shed a better light on it. It could be a solid game. Either way I bet it'll be in a humble bundle before the end of the year.

We got Mighty Number 9 for free with ps+ so I gave it a try this weekend. There is no difficulty option but you can set the max lives up from 3 to 9 and there is a kind of adaptive difficulty because when you die, there is a friendly robot at the checkpoint that will give you temporary power ups based on how many times you've died which is nice. I beat one stage, Brandish... and I found it nauseating because it was on a free way, scrolling to the right with the background is zipping by going to the left and multiple cars going left and then right to create a platform experience all while billboard enemies kept flying from the right to left to knock you over. Until I got used to them they kept blending right in with the background.. but because of these enemies you have to stare at the background. I was basically getting motion sickness. After that stage I tried Pyro.. that stage was fine until the end where there was a bunch of instant death mechanics to suck away all my reserve lives. Then when I got to the boss, after he has half his hp taken away he then turns bluish and now has a 1 touch instant kill feature. Every time I'd die I'd get a power up from the checkpoint robot which was pointless in adjusting the difficulty when the boss can 1 touch kill you.. oh, and when he gets that ability there is an annoying bit of dialogue at the bottom of the screen that talks over the robot's called out attacks which made the entire fight extremely aggravating. To top it all off, the game genuinely looks ugly. Everything has a whitish outline and character design looks like bad action figure toys with Popeye arms.