Crash

wanted: New series

Okay so I'm stir crazy, it was too cold to play outside the past few days so I cracked open youtube (cause I'm broke and DL just goes awry) and started watching Wolf's rain. Well 3 days later I finish it all. Now I'm horribly depressed! That ended HORRIBLY!
anyways I need a new series to watch

need something with a slightly better plot than "must find paradise", but I can do without one...I mean I watched all of spice and Wolf...what was the plot to that again?

I'm digging the more animal/fantasy based stuff lately, but I do dig me some gundam wing too.

Help a girl out here! Preferably something I can snoop around and find...animals eat my paychecks...no really...they do...

Thanks

Crash f/k/a Duo

I'm at least glad Wolf's Rain didn't end with the song Paradise City.... Where the grass is green.... And the girls are pretty.... Oh won't they please find their Home....

There's also Wolf Children if the emphasis is on wanting Anime about Wolves, but from what I know that can be kind of depressing based on the plot.

.Hack has had some animal based characters in its various series though I don't really remember them well enough.

Sands Of Destruction also has Animal Characters such as Kuma, Kuma. But I don't know how it ends so I don't know whether or not it gets depressing, Kuma.

If you ever get back into wanting Anime that is depressing with Animal Characters though Blue Submarine Number 6 & Paranoia Agent might be worth a watch. But then again Blue Submarine Number 6 didn't have much of a plot beyond kill bad guy & here's a bunch of stuff that happens before bad guy is killed.

If you ever feel the need to watch Animal Characters that aren't in an Anime I recommend Disney's Gargoyles. The Mutates (Flying Cat People with Electric Powers) may not make up the majority of the show but Disney's Gargoyles is an awesome show thanks in part by how the voice cast has a lot of people from Star Trek TNG.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Duo!? O_O I'm glad to see you again! Crash is a good name. It reminds me of that movie Hackers.

I haven't seen many anime with animal / fantasy.. except for Fruits Basket. Its an amazing series, but its so depressing. Every episode makes me want to cry. ;_;

As for Mecha.. I recommend Gurren Lagann if you haven't seen it yet. Its the best anime I've ever seen. :D

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Hey Duo! Long time no see.

If you have Netflix

Chrome Shelled Regios

Ghost Hunt

Soul Eater

Hero Tales

Kaze no Stigma

Blood+

Welcome to the NHK

RIN

also on netflix if you're looking for something less serious and want a good laugh

My Bride is a Mermaid

Baka & Test

Not on netflix, but full of awesome mecha action... Gun X Sword is something I highly recommend.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Sweet thanks guys! I'll look into some of these tonight. I don't have netflicks because the real crash (my horse) literally eats my paycheck...I don't even have cable. And I've got all this free time cause husband is deployed.

I remember gargoyles! Use to watch it every afternoon!

Started watching .hack// gave it a full 3 episodes....couldn't get into it. Then I tried wolf children...didn't even get past credits I'll have to go back.
Then I tried Wolves of the mists...didn't get a full minute into that either bad..just bad

then I tried The Plague dogs from 1982....Got 10 minutes in and I want to go drown myself in the tub!
I'm ready to pull of MLP just too see unicorns poo rainbows after Plague dogs...GAH!

If you haven't seen Samurai Champloo, its a must as well... its made by the same people that did Cowboy Bebop and Wolf's Rain... I couldn't get into Wolf's Rain like you did, but Champloo is amazing with heavy action, some comedy, and a great all around story. The ending doesn't disappoint. It mixes ancient japan with modern day aspects to keep it fresh and original.

First Episode

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Animals and Fantasy is the theme here guys! 

Try Gingitsune or Zetsuen No Tempest. 

Edited by Pchan

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

What did you think of it? I vaguely remember the ending, but the last fight was pretty good. If you want to see an alternate version of Escaflowne, watch the movie. Its basically the entire series in one movie, but with different animation and plot that seems all over the place and has nothing to do with the series. :P

I just remembered a good series you might like. Have you seen Record of Lodoss War? I don't think it has any animal characters, but its a great fantasy series. Its only 13 episodes if I remember right. There was a spin off series for it too that was a big longer. "Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight". I never finished watching it though because I got sidetracked and never went back to it.