DeathscytheX

The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode Discussion [Possible Spoilers]

Glenn was pretty stupid for going into that tunnel. Especially considering they all caught up to each other in the end.. Terminus seems completely wrong. Nobody guarding the gates, veggie gardens are growing and some woman is cooking ribs on a big grill. She wasn't at all surprised to see a big group of people.. and I saw no signs of cattle / pigs.. those ribs might have been long pork. Maybe they had snipers in the windows and on roof tops. The Last of Us and the Walking Dead telltale game had issues with cannibals too. I could be wrong tho about Terminus, but everything seems to scream trap to me.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Glenn being saved like that in the tunnel was hilariously bad. Took the realism away from that scene/ situation. The last 2 episodes have picked up which's good. Terminus looks like a place where you get that 'it doesn't look what it seems' kinda feeling. They could have accomplished a lot this season if the opening episodes weren't wasted for time/ lack of pacing and story development. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Oh for fucks sake the grill just screams long pork. That there were no guards on the buildings, that both motherfucking gates were open I would have assumed walkers inside. Creepy lady though, that's even scarier. The leavings of others are all over as they made a point to show, but shes the only one there to greet? Fuck lower your weapon yo. I'd be busting out the three questions on her ass.

Glen showed the signs of exhaustion and stress all episode. He broke into a run, refused to rest someplace they could secure, made Tara keep waking all fucked up and then goes into the tunnel o' zombie because the blood paint isn't totally dry yet and Maggie is just ahead. Then when they're screwed he chooses to fight instead of abandoning her. He really needs eight hours. I was glad to see him find Maggie, I think it gives Sasha hope her brother is still alive.

P chan, think of The Dark Tower series and how much time Stephen King devotes in those books to educating the reader about Roland, his past, his dreams, his thoughts on things. The tower is just the destination, the story is about Roland and his tet and their journey and how they change as they experience the journey. Post zombie apocalypse Georgia is just a setting like Mejis or the Calla in a world moving on. TWD story is about what happens to these people, internally(Michonne crying when she holds Judith) and externally(Michonne decapitating zombies) as they journey for survival. A lot of shit has gone down at the prison, its compromised and given up, the gov attacked twice, the flu/those who turned killed a lot of people, Carol murdering, Rick farming etc. We need episodes showing us what is going on with the characters internally so that we can empathize and understand their actions. Its the way it is for the medium that it is presented.        

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Rick biting that guy's throat out was gruesome. O_O And Terminus was a trap. No major characters died.. the claimed gang turned out to be a bunch of rapists and pedophiles.

I'll have to rewatch this episode later tho, Time Warner completely dropped the ball tonight. The AMC channel was f*cked on Time Warner. The season finale was pixelated as a bastard every 10 seconds or so and the audio kept skipping like a scratched CD. I got fed up and unhooked one of the cable boxes and watched most of the episode in VHS quality that was worse than SD. -_-; Eventually time warner fixed the problem with about 15 mins left in the epsiode, so I'm DVRing the repeat so I can watch it again tomorrow.

Back to TWD.. Next season could be very interesting. They're all prisoners now, but it makes me wonder if the entire next season will be dedicated to breaking out of Terminus and / or taking it over. Rick is back to being a full blown brutal killer. I'm glad to see that. Hes more interesting this way instead of old farmer Rick.

Of fuckin course I did lol. Going off the quick glimpse we get I would guess that the bodies were de fleshed shortly after death (hopefully after death *shudder*) none of that boil with bone in because of the amount of coagulated blood still on the bones. Rick's cop training kicked in when he started seeing his peoples belongings and the watch sealed the deal. Shit even Daryl recognized his own fucking poncho yo.

The fight between Joe's gang and team prison was pretty intense. And I'm saying it, Rick went mama bear on their asses. Biting is the last resort in a bitch fight and Rick embraced that shit lol. Mutilating the scuz that was going to rape his kid, yup cut the fucker into pieces. I figured Daryl would skip out on Joe's gang and he was about to. A little frustrating he didn't explain Beth but he'll get to it now that Maggie is there too. Totally satisfied with the story of how Michonne became a monster and was gone for a long time. She was punishing the dudes even after death for being too incompetent to protect the baby.

The cliffhanger we don't see is Where are Carol Tyreese and Judith???? Did Rick get ahead of them when they were lingering at the grove? We have to hope so because Terminus is fucked up and they weren't in the rail car with the others. Beth's safety is still up in the air but if she's with decent people maybe they can help. Still we don't know who cut off the heads of murderer liar and rapist. Probably not Joe's gang as they're all cool with rapeing and killing. Unlikely the Terminus culties if they're eating people that would be a waste of 'food'. The persons who grabbed Beth perhaps? Is there still a crazed judgmental decapitator running around?

fuck its gonna be a long wait >.<

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

Good final episode but the end felt pretty lame. The way I saw it was this really good build up with intense moments and a hearty flashback sequence. Then you had tense moments of the four being led on and running from gun shots, surrounded and told to go in that cargo car thingie. Up until this point it was good. Then, it all went limp. 

As far as I'm concerned you can't really tell they're cannibals UNLESS you've read spoilers. You cannot assume chops on a grill look like human chops because we don't know what human chops look like, do we? For that split of a second, there's no way of telling for sure is what I mean. Seeing that pile of bodies - again, doesn't hint at cannibalism. To me they seemed like any hostile party of people. Maybe they leave their dead on display like that as a reminder to new people? But I don't see a straight connection to cannibalism. The only way I knew was after reading about it on here. 

Still feel like they slowed the pace down a lot the first few episodes like those amazing moments of chocolate pudding eating on the roof. Wish there was just about another episode's worth of time left. Good run of final episodes. 

Rick - Where's Beth?

Daryle - Gone.

Rick *no reaction* ... you're a brother to me! 

It was 3 AM last night and I scratched my head at that. 

Edited by Pchan

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

If  were  going to display the dead they would be nailed to a wall or hanging from the roof intact so you could see it wasn't a walker but an asshole I killed. I looked at the skeleton pile from a forensic point of view (I have watched waaaaaayyy to much Bones lol) and de-fleshing is indicative of cannibalism. I've also read post apocalypse books/played games/movies etc so cannibalism isn't a new or foreign concept to me, I expected it to come up sometime (same goes for religious zealotry of some sort). There was no livestock holding area in the vicinity, its possible they have a farm elsewhere, but the way Glen's group just walked right the fuck in, seeing no guards and nobody but grilling Mary.... red flags everywhere. Rick was spot on entering Terminus another way not that it did them any good in the end.    

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I never read any spoilers about cannibalism and I still don't know if thats the case. But my assumption is that is what the people of Terminus are. Everything I've seen from previous zombie shows, movies, games, previous seasons of the Walking Dead.. ammo is scarce. You make it last. These people herded those 4 with a hail storm of bullet fire at their feet. Everywhere they turned, the bullets where raining down forcing them to go exactly where they wanted them to be. To waste that much ammo instead of just using 4 bullets from a sniper rifle screams to me that they want them alive. But they don't even know who they are.. there are no other colonies of people like themselves that they probably know of, so there would be no reason to keep them alive for ransom or for trade. They must think random strangers are worth more than a crap load of ammo.Theres only a couple things they'd want people alive for. Slave labor or meat. And I didn't see any slave labor happening.

Rick and the group also ran past some other containers with people in them screaming for help. My guess is cannibalism. It sure looks like Terminus has plenty of people too. I'm guessing they lure people in with all those signs and radio broadcasts of sanctuary. Then when the people come, they take their gear and eat them. This way all the Terminus people never have to leave their camp or put themselves in danger. Hell.. all the people blindly walking towards Terminus have to take care of the walkers in the area too just to get there. These guys probably don't even have to worry about a build up of walkers outside their fences because of it.

The things that confuse me are this.. there were no walkers anywhere near Terminus. I'm sure people approaching have to take them out, but with no walker bodies anywhere that seems off. Also, how the f*ck where they making radio broadcasts? Where is their power coming from? Maybe they have some generators and they get gas to power them from the cars some people bring with them?

As for Beth.. the car that pulled away had a cross looking symbol on the back window. Maybe it was some other preacher cult? Any religious organization in an apocalypse scenario seems horrible to me because I've watched Silent Hill. O_O

There was no livestock holding area in the vicinity, its possible they have a farm elsewhere,   

Or a random deer/ big animal in the vicinity that was killed.