http://kotaku.com/heres-why-everyones-talking-about-half-life-3-today-1440116535

If you regularly frequent Reddit, or NeoGAF, or Kotaku's tips inbox, you've probably seen people talking about Half-Life 3 today. Don't get too excited—Valve's next shooter hasn't been announced yet. But there are a lot of rumors floating around.

It started yesterday, when a user on the gaming message board NeoGAF discovered that Valve had trademarked Half-Life 3 in Europe over the weekend. Trademark registrations aren't exactly reliable indicators that news is coming, but crazed Half-Life 3 fans will happily gobble up any morsel of information that could be connected to some sort of Half-Life-related activity, so it became big news, even finding its way to the front page of Reddit (which, funnily enough, knocked NeoGAF down for a large chunk of yesterday afternoon).

Do you think Half-Life 3 will ever happen?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Ever? yes... soon? No. And when it does come out people with bitch because its going to finally ditch the archaic health packs for regen health. Even though the difficulty will be lifted as a result, fanboys wont be able to get over the fact.  I'd say we'll see it at the end of next gen or the middle of the gen after.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I've never been in a rush for it because I still haven't played Half-Life 2. XD I finally got in a month or so ago, maybe I'll try it out this weekend to see what all the fuss is about. :P

I like how there is a twitter dedicated to letting people know if its out yet:

https://twitter.com/IsHL3OutYet

Is HL3 Out Yet? ‏@IsHL3OutYet 3h

No.

All the HL3 conspiracy is hilarious to read too, but theres also some good memes like this one:

http://www.memecenter.com/fun/1154782/marsellus-wallace

XD

I expect Half Life 3 to release the day when console gaming goes extinct.... In which case nearly never.

I haven't played any Half Life games yet. And with how demanding the rumors are to be funny or true I probably won't go near this franchise  for a long time.... which is almost nearly never.... Afraid I might get addicted & genuinely join in on their craving.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Half-Life 1 was an amazing game at the time. It looks completely dated in todays standards, but how the game focused the graphics in terms of the outer edges of the screen really changed the way FPS games could be visualized. Up until then, everything looked noticeably 2D in my opinion.

The Black Mesa mod is pretty awesome too, it updates HL1 with almost HL2 graphics. Even with it being dated, I still enjoy doing a playthrough every now and then. I still love the puzzle platforming aspect of it to this day.

More Half-Life 3 rumors!

Many fans of the Half Life gaming franchise got fooled by Graphics manufacturer, Nvidia. It can be considered as one of the greatest trolls in modern trolling history. The official Facebook page for the company called Nvidia Geforce recently uploaded PC Gamer magazine cover page.

The intention of Nvidia is to promote Nvidia Shield which is on the right of the magazine. It also bears a caption that says you can play you favourite multiplayer FPS on it. On top of that, the magazine features an article for the much anticipated Half Life 3 game. This provoked a reaction from fans of the franchise that has been waiting close to a decade for the game.

http://www.sidhtech.com/news/half-life-3-release-date-facebook-nvidia/10024926/

More than one year ago, Valve announced that they are working on a new graphical engine. The announcement seemed to be quite important for the huge community of Half Life series fans who were also expected news related to Half Life 3, the rumor that all of them were hoping to be true. “We’ve been working on new engine stuff for awhile,” Newell said. “We’ve just been waiting for a game to roll it out with,” he added. Moreover, he confirmed that Valve was at that day working on a completely new engine not just on improvements to the 10 year old Source engine.

Now, several months later, it seems that Valve has involuntarily confirmed that in fact, they are already working on Half Life 3 and that it is just a matter of time until the information will be released to the public. The confirmation occurred through the User Picker tool, an internal Valve tool used by the company’s developers to manage personnel involved in development of specific projects and track the projects currently open. Of course, the tool is not available to the public and no one can access information from it unless it is involved directly in the process of game development at Valve. However, an internal error or perhaps a major gaffe rendered the tool accessible to the public. Thus, fans of the Half Life series were able to take a look at the Half Life 3 entries.

Rumor has it that 46 developers are working on Half Life 3 at this moment. However, the numbers were not confirmed by anyone.

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/valve-works-engine-life-3-development/

Valve, a game developer, has confirmed that they are actively working on developing Half-Life 3 through User Picker tool (an internal tool). The User Picker tool is used by the developer not only to manage personnel involved in the development of projects, but also to track the projects currently being worked on.

The whole point of using the tool is to avoid any member of the public, or individual who is not involved on the project, from accessing information from it. The tool should therefore not be seen or accessed by individuals who are not working on the project. However, in a rare gaffe, the company made it accessible. As a result, gamers of the series got the chance to get a glimpse of the entries for either Half-Life 3 version Core or Half-Life 3. The former might be the name of the technology utilized with the current title.

It is evident that there are less than 50 people at the developer who are working on the development of the game itself. Rumors have put the figure at 46, and no one has been able to have this number confirmed. According to Gematsu, these 46 are said to be appointed to work on the game with an additional 10 working on the Core project.

http://www.gamerheadlines.com/halflife-3-development-progress/

Half Life 1 was amazing for its time, and Half Life 2 was pretty good too. But I feel HL3 might get the Duke Nukem effect to where what was great back then doesn't work today. The game will either be dated gameplay with pretty new graphics, or so vastly different, that fanboys will rip it to shreds saying how horrible and COD like it is just because you may not have to use charge stations and med stations anymore or something else that they might have taken out.

When I think about Duke Nukem, I realize it was more of a cult classic and shouldn't have been remade. Duke Nukem also suffered because the newer games weren't that good. But look at Portal 2. It came out 4 years after Portal 1 and did amazing. Huge fan base just like Half-Life.. Portal 2 did amazing because it had great game play even though it looked like nothing compared to Battlefield 3, which came out the same year. I'm thinking, even if Half-Life 3 doesn't look as amazing as BF4, as long as the game play is good, people will throw money at it in mass.

Portal is great but the concept and genre are completely different. I'm personally looking forward to HL3, and I'm pretty confident that I'll like it. Its just one of those games that has reached that point where its been so long since the last one, people are going to expect too much out of it.

I don't think there are many people that can make a more beautiful game than DICE. Heck BF2 was amazing for its time. I really don't compare any game visually to BF. lol

Duke Nukem Forever was a bad game not (just) because it was outdated but because it wasn't better than Duke Nukem 3D.

Duke Nukem 3D

1. You had to explore the environment to get Key Cards
  2. Could carry lots of Guns
  3. Could Save Women
  4. Used a Scuba Tank (in story mode)
  5. Had a Jet Pack (in story mode)
  6. Was basically Duke Nuke 2 but as an FPS.

Duke Nukem Forever

1. Really linear Point A to Point B
  2. Could only carry 2 Guns
  3. Could only Mercy Kill Women (& play with alien wall boobs)
  4. Breathed bubble patches like Sonic The Hedgehog (in story mode)
  5. Didn't have a Jet Pack (in story mode)
  6. Was basically a half assed Duke Nukem 3D. 

*Edit*

I'd also like to point out if making new games to old & probably forgotten franchises was universally a bad idea then the new XCom should've failed.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

There is a lot of hype for HL3, and I'm sure there will be some haters when it comes out because of expectations.. but I bet it will set records for game sales. I haven't even played HL2 yet and if HL3 came out tomorrow I'd buy it. XD

Duke Nukem lost all credibility to me when my brother called me and said: "I just got the worst trophy ever. Turd Burglar."

lmao. Thats horrible.

The sad thing is forcing Duke Nukem to play with poop was the best part of the game. But then again I feel sorry for Terdburgler for now having his user name assocated with the worst Duke Nukem game ever made.