Sledgstone

Battlefield 4 Weapons Reveal

Played this on PC...

1. It will look better on PS4 for me... Its amazing the spec jump this was from bf3 to bf4. The game looks like COD on my graphics card.

2. OMG, RPGs are wicked... they'll probably get nerfed. I was RPGing the crap out of people, I couldn't quite get a chopper yet tho. i was prowling on the top of the building trying to scope one out, but everytime I heard one near the building, I peered over the wrong side.

3. I like the LMG the best so far. It has a steady balance of low recoil and damage... I found it interesting that each firearm already had a optic.. I wonder if this is for beta purposes only?

4. I like the new bonuses like "vehicle hit" "flag held" and "last man in squad". I also like it when it informs me I'm the last man. I never have been to observant of the kill feeds and such outside of what I was trying to accomplish. Now its right in front of my face to go hide, or keep a low profile until my squad can spawn.

5. The shoulder button spot is odd at first, but its actually more natural. I got use to it fast, and even though select has always been spot. It beats taking your thumb off the stick to hit select.

6. Moving battle log to select, and knife to stick or optional B (xbox) or O (ps4), its clear they did take some inspiration from COD... and the knife motion is quick like COD which I do not like... the animation is still BF like when you stab someone, but I thought it was unique how it was always an overhead stab unless you actually selected knife.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

RPGs are way overpowered. I was in a tank the other day, ran into a group of three people.. the reload rate is so much faster and with hardly any bullet drop, within 15 seconds I was killed by 6 RPGs.

I liked killing things with the RPG.. but in a tank, you don't really stand a chance.

btw, have you tried that airburst gun on support yet? I was using it all wrong. Check out this video:

Even knowing how to use it, I still can't get kills with it worth a damn. ;_;

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Oh snap! I was wondering wtf that was. I saw so many people hiding on building tops and taking cover... I'm def gonna try this out tomorrow or Sunday.

Yeah the reload rate is very quick... but BF3's was way to slow... They prob need a happy medium. Plus i was able to shoot it on the ground relatively close to me without taking damage, but killing the enemy player. I'm cool with them nerfing it, but please don't bring back the arch trajectory. I was able to perfectly place rocket drop on people from a long distance.

Based on what I've seen on the 360 I'm far from impressed with this game, feels exactly like BF3 with different maps as Sledge said. I've played a few matches since yesterday (completely getting my ass handed to me, I'm really out of practice). I've been having fun but honestly do not see myself buying this atm (I'll have to wait to get it anyways since I'm not picking up a PS4 till next year, even then I probably still won't buy it). I will say this though I do love playing on the engineer (though I hate the crappy PDW I'm stuck with, thing has no freaking range) and dropping RPG shots into unsuspecting tanks.

Now that I know what the Airburst is I'll be pulling out the Support class more often, get me some revenge on those damn snipers who hide on top of the skyscraper (bastards).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Let me know if you get any airburst kills, I can't seem to get any good hits with it.

The RPG arch trajectory on BF3 never made sense to me. They should nerf the power of it, not force people to lob it like they're trying to throw a baseball across a football field.

Did either of you notice that kill assists above 80% counts as a kill? From what I've seen, as long as you deal 80%+ damage, you and the person who finishes them off both will get a kill towards their kill count. It doesn't look like it affects the ticket count as two kills, just the stats of the players. I like that.. There has been far too many times in BF3 where I deal that much damage and only get an assist out of it.

I've heard from my brothers that the PS3 version is suffering from numerous crashes requiring full system reboots. I'm guessing that as people are unlocking more weaponry and gadgets, they're finding numerous bugs in the game. I hope the PS4 version doesn't have any of these issues.

(though I hate the crappy PDW I'm stuck with, thing has no freaking range)

You aint lying, that thing is super garbage. I had to stop playing as engineer after the 3 or 4 kills I got consisted of me emptying an entire mag and then switching to my pistol to finish them off. I don't think i have any kills with the PDW at all.. maybe one. I think i snuck up behind one player.

I got into a map of only 25 people and it was TEDIOUSLY boring... Shanghai is massive on a vertical scale. It was really hard to find anyone, and the few players that were on were mostly in vehicles. This game is going to be pretty terrible on 360 and PS3 if every map is like that. You've gotta have at least 40 players minimum to populate conquest maps. If you buy this game for current gen, you better love the hell out of some Rush, because thats the only mode that will be worth playing since it dictates the area of the maps as the bombs are destroyed.

I got on the beta this morning and this game froze my PS3 three different times.. I had to hard reboot the system. Everyone is playing Domination like TDM.. not even going for the objectives.. most rounds lasted only about 8 minutes or so because once a team got all the flags it bled the tickets dry faster than killing each other. I couldn't even get into a conquest match because all the servers were full. :(

XD I played conquest maps and people were doing that, We'd lose 0-550 and I was the only one capping flags. I think a lot of COD trolls play the beta just so they can try to say how it sucks compared to COD. And in their mind it does because they dont understand the concept of playing the objective.

Thats exactly what it felt like.. It was all CoD all over again. If anything, the flag placement on Domination isn't the same as how it is on the Close Quarters maps of BF3. In those maps the flags are placed in positions that you can attempt to defend and they are also in corridors that forces people to move through those areas.. but on BF4 one of the flags are out in the open and the other flags are in larger rooms.. no corridor flags and larger open maps for domination allows the CoD style of TDM.

Ok. I love the airburst gun. I wrecked some people hiding atop a building, even though they ducked when met with my LMG. I whipped it out and went to town. I got a kill or two plus some assists. There are def some COD idiots playing. A few people were running around with the airbust as their primary. It does seem to do much damage outright. I go hit 3-4 times as I killed on of them. I guess they were trying to "n00b tube" me with it. If it doesn't explode, it doesn't hurt very much.

The CODers will probably be playing at launch as well on console. It takes about a month for them to clear out when they realize they cant run and gun their way to a 40-3 k/d and they have to account for bullet drop with sniper rifles.  I don't know how much more I'll play of this beta, my computer seems to lock up every time I'm done playing and exit.

You aint lying, that thing is super garbage. I had to stop playing as engineer after the 3 or 4 kills I got consisted of me emptying an entire mag and then switching to my pistol to finish them off. I don't think i have any kills with the PDW at all.. maybe one. I think i snuck up behind one player.

I've gotten roughly 12 kills with the damn gun and only when an enemy is almost right on top of me, only seems to be effective at close to medium range. Only time I take out engineer now is if I die while defending a flag and the enemy brings in a tank so I respawn and rain unholy hell on them with the RPG.

I've gotten one Airburst kill since watching that video. Was camping the roof on Flag C (or should i say defending) and watching the carnage at Flag B when a sniper decided to take pop shots at me from the rubble so I decided to try it out. He hid behind a ruined wall so I locked onto the wall and did as the video said and rained hell down on him (only to be killed by a bastard who snuck up on me. Kinda wish it took less the three shots to kill somebody though. 10 shots with it isn't all that much.

Yeah, I think its more for when you shoot someone up and they are able to take come cover, you can just finish them off before they can heal up. If it was 1 shot, grenades would be pointless. lol They should give us more ammo with it, that's for sure.

I definitely think the Airburst needs more ammo. It takes 3-4 shots to kill someone and you only get 8 rounds? I was taking some shots at a guy trying to get some hit markers and after 5 rounds I knew I didn't have enough ammo to even kill a guy.. and at that point my position is given away and someone is already killing me from behind.

Once the game comes out all those CoD gamers will probably switch over to TDM and I'll be enjoying some conquest. ^_^

btw, have either of you checked out the new battlelog for BF4? It has some good improvements over the BF3 battlelog. Go to loadouts, click on your primary, and when you mouse over all the other guns you have available for that slot it will show you a bar graph showing the stats of that weapon compared to what you currently have equipped. Its an easy way to see which gun is more accurate or powerful.

post-1-0-69786100-1381115817_thumb.jpg

BF3 was a step back in that aspect. Bad Company 2 had a similar system minus the mobility stat. I was kinda upset that BF3 took that away, and I'm glad to see its back. It will save me a lot of fiddling around with different guns to decide what I like. Damage and Range are more important to me than the other two stats. I'm no crack shot, so accuracy is not a big deal to me unless it drops below the 30 mark. When a weapon is extremely inaccurate or extremely immobile, no amount of damage and rage is worth it to me.

XD, I have to try that now if only for the laughs.

It's not surprising that X1 is getting the new maps first. Pretty sure Microsoft threw all the money they could at EA to get that perk. Anything to get there console to see you know.

Edited by Strider Hiryu

I plan on trying the beta again later this week. They were adding more servers, so I might get a chance to actually play some conquest and obliteration. You're lucking to be trying out the PC version. After watching videos of the PC and PS4 versions of BF4, the PS3 version looks like crap.

Now that 64 players matches are on PS4 and X1, the PC version is inferior on a basic game design level. It may have better visuals still, but on PC the games are launched off the web from battlelog. While you can set up your loadouts and what not from the web page, you can't change any of your game settings as far as audio, video, and key bindings. This can only be done by joining an actual match and getting into the actual program you've downloaded from origin. What makes this even more annoying is that if you spend to long tinkering with your settings, you get booted from the game for being idle too long. BF3 has no title screen to change settings, you have to hit ESC when you get into a match and quickly change all of your settings. You won't get kicked out until after you back out of settings, but its pretty silly to have to join a match just to change this, and then find another match.

You can download a program to change settings outside the game it seems:

http://battlefield.realmware.co.uk/settings-editor/downloads

Main Page

post-4-0-32601100-1381367353_thumb.jpg

Server List

post-4-0-85434300-1381367357_thumb.jpg

Loadouts

post-4-0-42981100-1381367361_thumb.jpg