Sledgstone

Elder Scrolls Online

Gameplay footage:

Info about subscription fees:

I don't think I'll ever play this game.. I don't care for subscription based games.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/27/elder-scrolls-onlines-xbox-live-gold-requirement-being-fought

If people can't use netflix with xbox live, I don't see how they'll get their game online without it either.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

This is one thing I'm wondering about PS4... Sony could really stand to make some ground if they allow subscription based games playable without PS+. They should consider one uping X1 in this one. I dont see what there is to lose on the small amount of Pay to Play games when your bread and butter for network subscribers is the FPS crowd. Or maybe they can work out a deal where non PS+ members can pay $18 a month, and the extra $3 goes to Sony?

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I might eventually play this game. At first I thought I'd get it for PS4 but ever since Oculus Rift I feel like I'm leaning toward that. Of course I'm still trying to figure out whether I should get a new PC or wait for Steam Box.... Assuming Steam Box isn't vaporware.

Also I'm not a fan of the armor degradation.... That on its own makes me not want to play.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Sony already announced that online services like Netflix won't require a PS+ account so I could see it being possible for them to allow certain games online play without a membership.. but I don't think it will happen unless those games are designed to have their own dedicated friend lists and in game only store for online purchases. A game like Defiance has its own in game store for microtransactions, but I think they process the payments through PSN.. and seeing as the friends online list is directly tied into the PS3 friends list, I don't see how a game like Defiance could be functional on the PS4 without access to the required PSN services that sony will have locked out unless you have a paid subscription to PS+. Netflix on the other hand has absolutely no ties to the friends list or PSN so it makes sense why they won't have any restrictions to it. However, I'm sure they could easily pick and choose what games require PS+.. just like how MS was able to flip a couple switches and turn off DRM.

Although if they are trying to compete with Steam, I don't understand why any game would require an online membership considering Steam does all that easily with no monthly fees. Steams only restriction on using their chat and multiplayer options is that you have to purchase at least 1 game a year through their system, even if its just a $0.75 game.. at least I think thats how it is with them. If not for PS+ members and xbox live gold members getting free games, charging for their memberships for online play would seem like a complete money grab.

*Edit

I hate armor and weapon degradation. It always pissed me off when a game has those. Some games let you have repair kits.. keep repairing after every fight.. some games will destroy the armor completely if it gets to zero percent.. other games decrease the defense rating of the armor but won't destroy it. I can understand how these things can take damage and its more realistic that we'd have to get them fixed.. but if I wanted to play something realistic, I wouldn't be playing a game where I'm casting lightning spells at wild behemoths or slashing away at living plant monsters.

*finishes combat, heals everyone with mage, uses either, then repairs all weapons and armor*

That got so annoying.. I'm glad they got rid of all that in FF13. After the fight is over, everyone is auto healed and the game is more fast paced because of it.

Edited by Sledgstone
Added a part at the end.

*Edit

I hate armor and weapon degradation. It always pissed me off when a game has those. Some games let you have repair kits.. keep repairing after every fight.. some games will destroy the armor completely if it gets to zero percent.. other games decrease the defense rating of the armor but won't destroy it. I can understand how these things can take damage and its more realistic that we'd have to get them fixed.. but if I wanted to play something realistic, I wouldn't be playing a game where I'm casting lightning spells at wild behemoths or slashing away at living plant monsters.

*finishes combat, heals everyone with mage, uses either, then repairs all weapons and armor*

That got so annoying.. I'm glad they got rid of all that in FF13. After the fight is over, everyone is auto healed and the game is more fast paced because of it.

I just don't think it was right for them in how they implemented it. If this armor degradation happens when you die its going to scare away new gamers.

"Hey you died! Here we made your armor weaker so if you try this again it'll be even harder!"

I like the armor degradation when I'm actually being attacked though but hate how repair is usually implemented.

The one time use hammers in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion in one case lost my interest even wearing armor. I know the chances of Hammers breaking down can be reduced to never once I have 100 in repair. But all that makes me want to do is save before I repair so I never break a hammer. (Which is basically a similar problem to picking alchemy ingredients.)

In Elder Scrolls Skyrim it is gone.... Though now that there is blacksmithing I feel as though it could or should have been used. The only downfall being you couldn't repair certain items you didn't have the perk for.... In which case I would've switched over to Banded Iron Armor by now.... And I couldn't be constantly attacked while healing if I was relying on armor.... Okay that doesn't sound like fun at all....

In either case though I feel stumped why fur & leather should be considered armor without giving Khajiits & Argonians natural light armor perks. (And no not that hit skin Argonians have in Skyrim that can only be used once a day) Even more so when some clothes may also have fur or leather on them. Although all that confusion could be done away with if armor didn't improve when you got attacked.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I don't know whether or not I'll be playing this on a Steam Machine after canceling my PS4 preorder.

Still though the customization looks good even though it basically looks similar to SR3 & SR4. Edited by Myk JL

Thats a lot of customization. I always hated that part. lol. I'm very uncreative most of the time and when I have so many options I get flashbacks to school exams and I associate making my character as work. XD Customizing is a great feature, but because I choose so many default options my characters end up looking unique because everyone else spent the time making theirs perfect. XD

I have a friend that tries to make his characters as the most hideous looking things possible. He had a bulgy eyed freak on SRIII.... but his Shadonka Shepard in Mass Effect took the cake.. she was so ugly he had to stop playing and make a new character. XD

If there are no negative side effects or a cure I'm probably going to become a werewolf. Hypocritically on the other hand though if I were forcefully turned into a vampire then there better be a cure.

I'm going to assume similar, there will always be differences but now that console hardware is starting to get closer and closer to high end computer specs it'll be hard to tell. I can't go into much due to the NDR from the closed beta but graphics wise the current version of the beta looks exactly like Skyrim from what I could tell with a 3 year old laptop and a non-functional graphics card (using my on-board as my Radeon was disabled due to blue screen errors, which is now fixed (the on board runs at about a quarter of the specs of my Radeon)). Mind you this would be stock Skyrim, not modded Skyrim with all those fancy HD texture packs. Of course running it at as low as I had too it could look much better, won't know until I get another invite for the next beta weekend (if I do).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

New Trailer

And now it can be preordered!

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/preorder

Although I probably won't as much as I want to since I I'd still have to buy a PS4 & maybe a new TV.

The ability to play as any race in any alliance might really grabs my interest.

I got invited yet again. Don't think I'll play this time though, the last one wasn't all that special and I've gotten extremely addicted to TOR again. If anyone wants a code and can't get one from vg247 let me know, I can invite one person to join. Just let me know with a PM, first come first served.

if by TOR you mean SWTOR it is definitely mandatory to play through at least once with a class for any Star Wars/KOTOR fan. After I played through with Sith Warrior, I watched some videos of the other classes, and read what Dubird posted of her experience... it seems every class is as equally interesting in story. It can't have the same magic as KOTOR, but you still become attached to your crew. I'll play another class again one day, and as I've stated before, the community is refreshing compared to the likes of the COD community.. or any other FPS community. I generally hate playing with randoms, but on SWTOR I never turned down a request to join a mission... every time I helped I was thanked, and treated respectfully. I never ran into douchebags so I kept accepting invites even if it didn't benefit me xp/loot wise.

I do mean SWTOR. One of the very few MMO's that actually have a story driving the game forward and in it's case a story for every class, a rare gem in my eyes. Trying to finish up my Inquisitor's story so I can experience the Makeb content then I'll decide whether or not I keep my subscription active or cancel it so I don't have to pay for it anymore. Preferred members still get pretty good access to everything so I'm not worried about not being able to finish my other characters up, I just really want to finish my Inquisitor. I've only ever grouped once in the game and that was on Alderaan to help someone in need. He thanked me for my help and I'd gladly group again but the Flashpoints don't interest me, I out level content too quickly (due to my stack on XP boost items and rest xp), and Operations aren't what I'm looking for once I hit endgame. You think I would group more though, being a tank and all but no one ever invites me into groups plus it seems most planets (with the exception of Corellia) are dead on my server.

My urge to buy a PS4 & new TV may solely depend on this news....

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2014/12/04/the-road-ahead---december-4

Console Update

As I’ve mentioned, we have been (and will continue to be) steadily working on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of ESO. They are playable and fun right now, but there's still some work to do before we can set an official launch date. First and foremost, we want to make sure that two of our most important systems still in development—the Justice and Champion Systems—are included in the console release. Those two systems will introduce a huge amount of content to the game, and we know everyone is looking forward to the new types of gameplay they provide.

It’s also important to note that the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of ESO are not just ports of the PC/Mac game. We have completely replaced the PC user interface with a console-specific UI designed from the ground-up with a controller and a living room play experience in mind. We’ve also added voice chat and full integration with XBL and PSN. Expect to see lots of news about our console versions in early 2015.

I finally got ESO:TU for PS4 & I'm enjoying it even though I've made a lot of changes to my original Game Strategies. What I defined as my main & secondary are

• Brill Gold-Blood: A male Nord named after Brill (Skyrim), The Silver-Bloods (Skyrim), & Bill Goldberg. And like Bill Goldberg is also a bald guy with a Goatee. He was also intended to be a reference to the horror movie You're Next as he'll eventually be wearing a heavy armor Khajiit helmet. PS4 also used the song Perfect Day which was also used in You're Next. And You're Next is also a catchphrase by Bill Goldberg. He currently has an axe & maybe someday a Dwemer Crossbow. That or if they ever add in upgradable hand to hand combat all I'd need then would be a pair of black gloves & boots.
  • Skooma-Kola: A female Khajiit whose name is a reference to Coca-Cola. Part of the reason as to why she exist is because I thought I'd be able to get the Novice Khajiit Heavy Armor from her. That armor was going to be Red, White, & Gold. Tying the 2 characters together as referencing Coca-Cola & Gold-Blood. I was suppose to have her do various jobs, but I wasn't in the mood for that. Her name might also still be overly sexualized as in Khajiit Ko can be about Healers & La is Promiscuous Maiden.... So Sexual Healing joke?.... On the other hand I just found out Kola is an actual word thanks to Kola Nuts where Cola comes from.

Someday I might make Male Khajiit. But I'm having an even harder time coming up with a Male Khajiit name I would want to be associated with.