Set in the days leading up to the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius, a slave on a ship heading for Naples works to get home to save the woman he loves and his best friend, a gladiator trapped inside the city's coliseum.

Pompeii will be in theaters February 2014.

Not much is shown in this trailer until the last 40 seconds, but from what I see, I'll keep my eye on this movie because it seems to have potential.

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

A predictable movie doesn't necessarily mean its a bad movie though if the characters & / or plot come off as dull I can only guess the movie isn't for me.

In which case I already hate "The Pchan Movie" based on the fact I've read the text to it more than I care to think about it.

1. Pchan declares to hate a movie he hasn't yet seen.
  2. If the movie is liked by anyone in the forum Pchan needs to emphasis how much it still sucks.
  3. Pchan begrudgingly sees movies & still hates it.
  4. Pchan then recites other websites movie critics hate for the movie.
  5. Even if Pchan doesn't accept that no one will agree with his view he'll still act as if he was right all along about his opinion when most if not all of the forum doesn't really care about his opinion.
  6. Pchan starts this cycle again & again despite the fact the results tend to be the same.
  7. Is it possible Pchan just likes to troll other people who might like the movie? No!
  8. Plot Twist?!
  9. Pchan talks a lot about his favorite TV shows & this is soon followed by Pchan's favorite sports proving once & for all that Pchan secretly works for Microsoft when it comes to advertising for Xbox One.
  10. TV! TV! TV! Sports! Sports! Sports! TV! TV! TV! Sports! Sports! Sports!

As for Pompeii.... I don't feel the need to watch it. However it did give me the urge to watch Dante's Peak again.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Looks dumb. We all know what's going to happen.

I'm going to make an movie about the Alamo where Davey Crocket and Daniel Boone destroy the Mexican army, impales them all on steaks and the US takes over half of Mexico XD

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I'm going to make an movie about the Alamo where Davey Crockett and Daniel Boone destroy the Mexican army, impales them all on steaks and the US takes over half of Mexico XD

But that would just ruin the whole plot to the sequel named The Mexican / American War where the US in fact has the ability to take over all of Mexico but then settles for buying off half they wanted at gun point.

Seriously dammit.... The US could've taken all of Mexico if it didn't chicken out.... What The F*** happened in that time to turn them into a bunch of pansies.... War Of 1812.... Failed to take over Canada.... Lost part of Maine.... At least we got a national anthem.... then Mexican / American War after Alamo was lost for being on what was a controversial border.... We won that?.... Gee.... Better not take this country over by force even though that's what we would've done with Canada....

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Post of the week, Myk. I salute you, that was a lot of fun to read. 

I do agree with what you say about knowing what it could be about and still being good. Completely agree. I try to go watch things because I kinda like giving it a chance. I know I can't hike up that high, but I still like to try it out and few sweaty hours later, I feel good I could. So yeah, this's coming from someone who watched Drive Angry and thought it was fun.

I'm gonna end up watching this regardless. Just being honest about my first reaction heh.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Do these Escapist reviews break down the whole movie as they spoil it or give out a non-spoiler review? I've yet to click any of their links. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I watched this movie yesterday.. it was pretty much a rip off of the movie Gladiator. The CG effects for the volcano were good. I was very surprised Kiefer Sutherland was in this, he must have owed somebody a favor. XD This movie was more like a very high quality Syfy movie. It was decent to watch once, but definitely not something I'd rush out to buy on bluray.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg