Pchan

Superman Batman movie thread

So a few weeks ago it was announced that they'd make a flick with the Supes and Bats in it. This was supposed to be a little bit in the future from where Nolan's universe leaves it. Not sure if it's even supposed to be a link but anyway, it's probably going to tie into the Superman movie that came out recently. Snyder's in to direct this one. 

Yesterday it was announced Ben Affleck is Batman, the studios were looking for a slightly older guy, we all heard and knew that. Nobody could've guessed Affleck was their choice. 

Daredevil is the new Batman. 

Let's keep all discussion, trailers and what not in this thread. Movie comes out in 2015, plenty of talk to be done I presume. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I don't think Ben Affleck will make a good Batman. His performance as Daredevil was horrible. I watched that movie once and I never wanted to see it again simply because of how horrible his character was. When I heard Jensen Ackles from Supernatural could have been the potential new Batman I didn't think it would happen, but I think he would have been a much better choice than Ben Affleck. Jensen Ackles has a strong pronounced jaw too, he'd have probably looked right with the mask on. Ben Affleck however, will look like Ben Affleck wearing a batman costume. Christian Bale was a bad Bruce Wayne IMO, his Batman wasn't all that great either.. but with Ben Affleck portraying him, I don't see how he could even be taken seriously doing a tough man gravely voice.

I think this crossover is supposed to be Man of Steel 2.. so I doubt the Batman being portrayed will be based off the Nolan movies.. mostly because I don't see Ben Affleck actually following in another actor's footsteps. He'll probably remake Batman into his own version.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I don't think Ben Affleck will make a good Batman. His performance as Daredevil was horrible. I watched that movie once and I never wanted to see it again simply because of how horrible his character was. When I heard Jensen Ackles from Supernatural could have been the potential new Batman I didn't think it would happen, but I think he would have been a much better choice than Ben Affleck. Jensen Ackles has a strong pronounced jaw too, he'd have probably looked right with the mask on. Ben Affleck however, will look like Ben Affleck wearing a batman costume. Christian Bale was a bad Bruce Wayne IMO, his Batman wasn't all that great either.. but with Ben Affleck portraying him, I don't see how he could even be taken seriously doing a tough man gravely voice.

I think this crossover is supposed to be Man of Steel 2.. so I doubt the Batman being portrayed will be based off the Nolan movies.. mostly because I don't see Ben Affleck actually following in another actor's footsteps. He'll probably remake Batman into his own version.

Daredevil had a bad director and script, treatment was bad and his acting back then too. Jensen would have been a really bad Batman, he can't act. Affleck in the past few years has grown as an actor - The Town, To The Wonder, The Company Of Men, Argo.

Think about it this way - everyone loves the first Batman movie, which means they were OK with Batman. Keaton was a comedian and he had 2/3 critically acclaimed good roles right before Batman happened to him. He doesn't even look like Bruce Wayne, yet the movie as a whole worked. Keaton would not be a good Batman in Val Kilmer's version of the script or Nolan's version of the script.

Right now my biggest concern isn't the actor as much it is who's making it and what the script is going to be, how it's all handled. Goyer and Snyder are meh. Their script may need a guy like Affleck to play their vision of Batman.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I just read that Michael Bay is going to be directing...

j/k. :P

For me, I'm more interested in if the characters are going to be portrayed correctly.

Many many people liked Nolan's batman. I thought The Dark Knight was a good movie in terms of plot, direction, cinematography, The Joker, action, etc. But Bale's performance was still lacking to me and he didn't improve in the third movie. Bane was completely off from the comics I've read back in the day. The prison childhood thing is right, the guy is a genius, etc. But he had no real fighting strength like in the comics. I'd complain that the movies never followed the original plot lines or character designs from the comics, but with how DC keeps relaunching and making new incarnations of Batman over the years, there is no one source material. In my head I have a vision of batman and his enemies resembling those from the animated series / movies mentioned above. Until Batman is portrayed in that incarnation, I'll never see Batman as actually correct. I can say the same thing about Superman, but I haven't seen Man of Steel yet, but he definitely appears to be close to correct from the trailers and clips I've seen.

When I heard there was going to be a Batman / Bane movie, all I could think about was "Batman: Knightfall". After seeing the trailers and reviews for the Dark Knight Rises, I was never interested in watching it.. In fact, I only watched it just a few months ago for the first time. This Bane was better than the Bane in "Batman & Robin", but nowhere near close enough.. and the plot wasn't anything compared to the Knightfall comics.

Those were some good points. I'll give Ben Affleck a chance as Batman.. but if he portrays Batman from the Brave and the Bold, he will deserve to burn in hell fire. >_<

Now I'm a bit disappointed to hear that Ben Affleck won't direct "The Stand" because of this.. I think he would have done a great job directing it.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/26580.html

Accepting the role of Batman in Warner Bros. Superman/Batman has apparently cost Ben Affleck his opportunity to direct the big screen adaptation of Stephen King’s sprawling and influential post-apocalypse novel The Stand about the struggles of a group of survivors of a particularly nasty viral plague. The big screen version of The Stand, which features some of King’s more colorful creations including Trashcan Man, Mother Abigail and the demonic Randall Flagg, took shape in early 2011 (see “King’s The Stand Heads to the Big Screen”) and Affleck was tapped to direct in October of the same year (see “Stephen King Movie Update”).

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Scott Cooper, who directed Jeff Bridges in an Oscar-winning performance in Crazy Heart, will take over for Affleck on The Stand. It appears that Warner Bros. and CBS Films only have the rights to The Stand for a limited amount time, which precludes waiting for Affleck to complete his acting commitments to Gone Girl and Superman/Batman. The producers might also fear that the current vogue for post-apocalyptic sagas might be long gone by the time their version of The Stand gets made.

Bryan Cranston Reportedly Cast as Lex Luthor in Man of Steel Sequel:

http://www.eonline.com/news/452380/bryan-cranston-reportedly-cast-as-lex-luthor-in-man-of-steel-sequel-joseph-gordon-levitt-talks-ben-affleck-as-batman?cmpid=par-121113-outbrain-paid-links

At least we got one Superman movie without Lex Luthor in it. Although Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor might be good.. just as long as they keep other super powered characters in the movie.

Jensen would have made a better Batman, his voice is closer to the batz then whats-his-face

I'm glad he didn't get the role as that would interrupt the taping of Supernatural 

I have no interest in the movie, re-hashed plots the same fucking story for 2-3-5 fucking flicks. Piss on it

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

I think the only problem with Jensen is that hes basically type casted as Dean Winchester now. I say that because its the only acting job I've ever seen him in. Sure I saw a clip of him when he was younger on a soap opera, but he was way younger then. I'd like to see what other movies or series Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki could actually pull off without portraying the same style of character, but with Supernatural never ending, they could probably retire after that show if they wanted to.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

@Myk JL I don't think all the batman fans out there would react well to a black batman, the movie would probably bomb like the Halle Berry catwoman movie. But with the way Idris Elba looked in Thor.. that dude was intimidating. He probably would make an amazing batman. :look:

I could see Seth MacFarlane as Bruce Wayne, but definitely not as Batman.

Every movie Lex Luthor has been in should have involved that damn warsuit. :nod:

Kevin Conroy = best Batman voice. 

Seth MacFarlane as Bruce Wayne will be hilarious! Are we talking about the Family Guy guy?

I wonder if Seth MacFarlane talking with Adam West would become awkward. 

http://youtu.be/R5tJOXn0mWE?t=2m9s

Also I only avoided Halle Berry's Cat Woman due to the fact she didn't wear an outfit like Cat Woman usually wears.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Yep! Family Guy guy.. he would play a rich snobby millionaire pretty good. But imagine him as Batman.. he'd be like Adam West. :P

Dear god hahaha.

I wonder if Seth MacFarlane talking with Adam West would become awkward. 

http://youtu.be/R5tJOXn0mWE?t=2m9s

Also I only avoided Halle Berry's Cat Woman due to the fact she didn't wear an outfit like Cat Woman usually wears.

I agree about that outfit. I couldn't take her seriously as Cat Woman just because of it. I still haven't seen the movie.