DeathscytheX

PS4 launches November 15th!

Posted Image

Sony announced at the end of their Gamescom press conference that PS4 will be available in the US November 15th!

Also worth noting, If you purchase Battlefield 4, Assassin's Creed IV, Call of Duty: Ghosts, or Watch Dogs on Playstation 3, you will be able to buy the Playstation 4 digital version for a "significantly discounted price" once it becomes available. EA, Activision, Ubisoft, and WB have partnered up with Sony in this deal most likely to combat Gamestop's plan to offer a similar deal where you can trade in those said games and upgrade to the next gen version for $10.

Source: IGN

http://www.ign.com/a...upgrade-program.

It will be interesting to see how they go about doing this. I assume you will be able to keep your PS3 version making this a better deal than gamestops. The question is are they going to put a coupon in the game case, and will gamestop stoop to opening each case and removing the coupons as they have done in the past to benefit their own program. Oh, and console digital downloads FTW. I'll never leave the house to buy a game again.

Example

http://gamerant.com/...ns-case-101351/

Click here to view the article

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Its about time they announced the release date. And its just in time for the mad black friday rush. Unless its a coupon in the case, I wonder what would stop people from getting the digital version at the huge discount, then trading in their physical disc to gamestop and getting another copy with their discount. If they put in coupons, I wouldn't put it past gamestop to steal the coupons again.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

No doubt Sony did this for that exact reason. Gamestop may get your $10, but you can just go to another gamestop and trade it in, get a good $30 in store credit to discount yourself a totally different game. Instead of a coupon, maybe the PS4 can read the disk and your PS+ History? Then again all you'd need is a copy of the disc without ever buying it to get the discount rate.

Then you just promptly sell it to someone else for $30-40 after you paid only $10 and profit off gamestop the way they normally do on you. XD

Or you can just take it to wal-mart and exchange it for a different game as long as its still sealed.

I like what I saw.. I hope all that sharing is independent from facebook and real names tho. I can only imagine my parent's reactions when I share a video of my character brutally murdering someone. :P

Mom: "Why do you glorify killing people?"

Random guy who sees my video because a facebook privacy setting was wrong: "This guy is planning on murdering people! Police!"

-_-;

I like what I saw.. I hope all that sharing is independent from facebook and real names tho. I can only imagine my parent's reactions when I share a video of my character brutally murdering someone. :P

Mom: "Why do you glorify killing people?"

Random guy who sees my video because a facebook privacy setting was wrong: "This guy is planning on murdering people! Police!"

-_-;

Better than the conclusion to what someone might think if I were to ever share what I might do with Female Khajiits & Female Argonians....

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

1. I am not doing a damage control, but I do want to clarify one thing. But first, yes, devs I know — and as someone has shown it before in this thread, some other devs already talked about it too — claim that there's 50% speed difference WHEN DEVELOPING in cross-gen/next-gen PS4/XO games. So there we are, I said it and I stand by it. Notice: WHEN DEVELOPING. It'll become clear in a second.

2. We're in the final stages of game and SW development now. We're working closely with 3rd parties as we approach launch. Reports we're hearing back from developers consistently are confirming that cross-plat games are running the same on both platforms.

Because of Xbox One's lower specs during initial game development along with MS's reputation for forcing developers to use their console's specs as the standard, all the games for PS4 will look the same for the Xbox One.. which means that MS is most likely screwing the PS4's potential because of their policies.

http://www.gamespot.com/dynasty-warriors-7/forum/ha-ha-i-told-you-the-ps3-version-will-be-crippled-due-to-the-xbox-360-version-58136024/

****Microsoft refuses to release games if they are inferior to versions on another platform.****

When PS4 takes off ahead of Xbox this will change. The Exclusives will look better, but lets look at Bungie here, becasue I think they are making the biggest statement. Although Destiny is coming to Xbox 1, how much have we actually heard about it for Xbox 1? Bungie has attended only Sony events or timeslots at game shows to show off their game. They've announced exclusive DLC for PS4. It really seems to be a slight at MS by not even acknowledging publicly that the X1 version even exists. 

If they run these games a max on PC while developing, Lets say Titanfall comes out for PS4 a year after its release... whats stopping them from releasing a visually better version after they have already sold a crap ton of copies for Xbox 1? Truth of the matter is, MS only gained this policy last gen after being super successful over the blundering PS3. PS2 was king and Xbox was dirt in the previous era.

But in all actuality Activision could be the unlikely hero if they wanted to be. They could make COD look visually superior on PS3 than on Xbox 1... I couldn't imagine Xbox not publishing COD just because it didn't look as good. Activision has already stated the PC version is going to look the best for the 1st time in the franchises modern history. If the sales falter like they have been for the Ghost, anything can happen. MS will have to swallow their pride sooner or later, because devs aren't going to take bullying from a console that isn't the top seller. Sony is going for broke in the North American market so hard that Japan isn't getting PS4 til February.

http://kotaku.com/japanese-gamers-are-disappointed-about-the-ps4-launch-d-1282558051

They say localization issues are causing the delay, but I'm agreeing with you about them going for broke in NA. I'm guessing the pre-orders in North American were so huge they had to delay it in Japan because there wouldn't be enough consoles.

I understand why game companies want their product to be similar on consoles in terms of support and design.. but if one system can benefit from better graphics, while the other can't.. then they should allow it like they do on PC.

I just remembered something.. For the 360, BF3 had the HD graphics as an optional install because there were numerous Xbox 360s that didn't have hard drives:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/323709/bf3-xbox-install-makes-huge-difference-to-textures-comparison-video/

That game could have looked drastically different on the 360. Imagine if the HD pack wasn't available.. nobody would have bought BF3 on the 360. XD