DeathscytheX

Next Gen Streaming & Sharing: PS+ not required, XBL Gold is required.

Posted Image

Sony's President Shuhei Yoshida went on twitter today and announced that you will not need a PS+ membership to be able to share and stream your gaming experiences. This comes in light of Microsoft stating yesterday that you will need an Xbox Live Gold account to use their gaming DVR. This is yet another blunder by MS after they decided to keep their 360 model which does not allow users to access Netflix without XBLG. The PS4 will still allow you to stream Netflix for free as it had on PS3.

While you still need PS+ to stream and share your multiplayer gameplay, it still benefits those gamers that like to upload or search for walkthroughs for single player games, solo campaigns, and trophy guides.

Source Links:

https://twitter.com/...383786143289344

http://kotaku.com/sh...xbox-1065826856

Click here to view the article

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I don't know whether or not to be excited by this Microsoft blunder.... The features being talked about are the ones I'd rarely use.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I guess it more or less about the fact that PS+ is going to be an upgrade to Sony's online gaming rather than just extra benifits, but at the same time its not going to lock up features that had always been available to PS3 users prior to PS+'s creation. Xbox One will continue to be restrictive on content that is already free (or you already have a subscription for) in other places as a crutch to hand over your $60 a year.

As I had always been an XBLG member, I didn't know netflix didnt work without it until a few months ago when a friend acquired a 360 and couldn't access netflix. No one is going to pay an extra $60 on top of their $9 a month to watch netflix. Its pretty silly of MS. The only thing that should be XBLG required is online gaming and features that are exclusive to X1.

The fact that MS overclocked X1's GPU recently just to be 53mhz faster is asking for trouble, its not a large increase, they just wanted to be "faster" than ps4 marginally spec wise. I can see RRoD 2.0 already on the horizon. The console wasn't built and tested to withstand that increase in heat expenditure, while it may not be as extreme as RRoD, it could end up being a mid-term issue where the warranty is expired and the consumer is SOL. It will take longer to diagnose that the X1 doesnt last longer than a full year or two before a hardware fail... an even bigger blow since they were boasting last week that X1 was designed to stay on constantly for 10 years due to their previously "always online" policy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/29/all-new-playstation-plus-launches-in-june-with-700-games-and-more-value-than-ever/
      PlayStation Plus and PlayStation Now are merging into the new PlayStation Plus and the membership will now become a tiered system:

I'll be sticking with PlayStation Plus Essential assuming I can still buy yearly memberships on sale for around $30-$40 like I've been doing since before the PS4 launched. I'm barely getting any use out of PS+ as it is with the games they've been offering for the last year so if I have to start paying a monthly fee I'll just cancel it instead.
      In comparison to the PS+ Extra, I've recently used Xbox PC game pass which I got a 3 month trial for $1 on black friday weekend last year. I don't have an Xbox so I was only using the lowest tier of the PC version which I suppose is the Microsoft Xbox PC version of PlayStation Plus Extra. It is an ok service but with the amount of time I have to dedicate to gaming I was only able to play and beat 2 games in those 3 months. I'm glad the xbox pc game pass came with EA Access since I was able to play and beat Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. EA Access itself didn't appeal to me because on the PC game pass its basically 70% sports titles. I was also able to play and beat Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus and that game wasn't nearly as good as the first. Both games retail for around $14 and $7 when on sale so I saved roughly $20 with my $1 free trial. But if it was to pay $10 a month for the service I would have been in the hole $9 compared to if I bought those 2 games instead. For me and my available time to play games a subscription service is not a savings to me. Theres alot of people that could benefit from a game subscription service and I'm glad its an option for them.
      I will say tho, for people that have an Xbox console and a game subscription service is beneficial to them, the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate has console and pc game pass combined along with xbox games with gold free monthly games, and that is a far better deal that PlayStation Plus Deluxe for the same price of $14.99 a month. The Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also includes console and pc games that can be played from the cloud too kind of like Nvidia's GeForce Now streaming.
    • By Sledgstone
      There are currently 9 free PS4 games available to add to your PSN account. Only available from March 25 8pm PDT to April 22 8pm PDT. No playstation plus required. Just log into PSN and add to your library:
      https://store.playstation.com/en-us/category/9779f12f-50c8-4c07-8d20-47e21293b6c6
      Ratchet & Clank is also still available for free until March 31 08:00PM PDT. Same as above, login to PSN and add to your library:
      https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/ratchet-and-clank/
      Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition will be free from April 19 until May 14:
      https://www.playstation.com/en-us/play-at-home/