Terminator_reboot.jpg

"Terminator" is being rebooted into a new trilogy of movies and the first is scheduled to be in theaters on June 26, 2015. All three movies will have to be out by 2019 because thats when the Terminator rights will revert back to James Cameron.

Here is the official press release:

Skydance Productions, Annapurna Pictures and Paramount Pictures have jointly announced they will partner on a rebooted “TERMINATOR” movie, to be released by Paramount Pictures on June 26, 2015.

The first in a stand-alone trilogy, “TERMINATOR” will be produced by Megan Ellison of Annapurna and David Ellison of Skydance. Dana Goldberg and Paul Schwake of Skydance will serve as executive producers. Laeta Kalorgridis (“Avatar,” “Shutter Island”) and Patrick Lussier (“Drive Angry”) are attached to write the screenplay.

Launched in 1984 with star Arnold Schwarzenegger as the title character, “TERMINATOR” spanned 3 subsequent films, which have earned over $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

David Ellison most recently executive produced, along with his partners at Paramount, “World War Z,” “Star Trek Into Darkness,” “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” and “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol”. A 5th installment of in the “Mission: Impossible” franchise is in active development, along with a 3rd film in the “G.I. Joe” franchise, among other films.

Megan Ellison most recently produced the Academy Award®-nominated “Zero Dark Thirty,” “The Master” and executive produced “Spring Breakers” via her Annapurna Pictures banner and has David O. Russell’s “American Hustle,” Spike Jonze’s “Her,” and Bennett Miller’s “Foxcatcher” set for release later this year.

About 5 months ago Arnold Schwarzenegger confirmed that he would be in Terminator 5.. But now that the movie franchise is being rebooted, there has been no confirmation as to whether Arnold will be in the new trilogy.

Source: Paramount

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

As long as they're rebooting it, it might as well not be Arnold Schwarzenegger. Even better if Arnold is replaced by Vin Diesel since I think Vin already talks like a robot. (/sarcasm?)

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

If this would have been done 15 years ago, Joseph Gordon-Levitt would have been the perfect John Connor. That being said, we don't need a big burly dude being the terminator. They are suppose to blend in like T-1000 or T-X, instead of stand out. We can leave the liquid medal powers out though...

It looks like they put together an impressive staff.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

If this would have been done 15 years ago, Joseph Gordon-Levitt would have been the perfect John Connor. That being said, we don't need a big burly dude being the terminator. They are suppose to blend in like T-1000 or T-X, instead of stand out. We can leave the liquid medal powers out though...

It looks like they put together an impressive staff.

For a terminator to blend in nowadays, the new model of Terminator will have to be overweight. Imagine an out of shape nobody beating the crap out of people. lmao. XD

I hope they don't put Christian Bale back in these movies. I didn't like him as John Connor at all.

Megan Fox is gonna be Sarah Connor and Justin Bieber is going to be John Connor XD LMAO

I think people would be rooting for the terminator,

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Salvation was good. I liked some of the studio's ideas for possible sequels but it never happened. Here's hoping to an intelligent script and premise. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Salvation was good. I liked some of the studio's ideas for possible sequels but it never happened. Here's hoping to an intelligent script and premise. 

I laughed at the begging when Bale used his Batman voice calling in that he was the only survivor left. I think a lot of people were thrown off because it was more about Marcus Wright than John Connor. They trailers leading up to the film kinda omitted the main plot... and for good reason, but apparently the shock value wasn't well received. I liked the "surprise". Unlike the 2000 movie Supernova in which the trailer presented a space horror flick that ended up being about sex in space, and someone going crazy on a ship.. XD

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I thought Bale was horrible in Terminator Salvation. I was glad most of the movie was about Marcus Wright because it made It interesting to watch because of a new character.. The ending was stupid tho.. oh, and after watching Star Trek, I watched Terminator Salvation again a few weeks later and kept wondering why skynet wanted Chekov dead. :P