So, this was a movie-heavy weekend. Thought I'd share my impressions of them.

Man of Steel: Excellent reboot. And it is a reboot/retelling of the Superman story, with some changes. The flashbacks were a little disconnecting at times, but they didn't break the storyline, which was good. General Zod was VERY well done, it's nice to see them actually give the villian proper motivation and character instead of being the cackling evil maniacal baddie. Defiantly worth seeing, another superhero movie done well. And honestly, as much as I loved Christopher Reeve as Superman, Henry Cavill does a very good job and I think they've finally hit on an actor that can bring Superman out of Reeve's shadow and carry it forward.

The Great Gatsby: went to see this with parents-in-law for Father's Day. It's not my kind of movie, but I don't regret seeing it. Leonardo did an excellent job, and the cinemtagrophy was beautiful! Worth seeing once, not really going to see it again.

This is the End: Comedians trying to survive the apocolypse! Honestly, not really my kind of comedy, but there was a lot there I enjoyed and the special effects were pretty damn good. I think Pinapple Express was a better movie, but I was definatly entertained, so if you're into that kind of humor, you'll probally enjoy it.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

So, this was a movie-heavy weekend. Thought I'd share my impressions of them.

Man of Steel: Excellent reboot. And it is a reboot/retelling of the Superman story, with some changes. The flashbacks were a little disconnecting at times, but they didn't break the storyline, which was good. General Zod was VERY well done, it's nice to see them actually give the villian proper motivation and character instead of being the cackling evil maniacal baddie. Defiantly worth seeing, another superhero movie done well. And honestly, as much as I loved Christopher Reeve as Superman, Henry Cavill does a very good job and I think they've finally hit on an actor that can bring Superman out of Reeve's shadow and carry it forward.

I was thrilled with the flashbacks because I went into the film I was expecting the same ole first hour of going into detail on his past. The Krypton part of the film was pretty awesome, and Michael Shannon was superb as Zod... although I would have liked a "Kneel before Zod" XD. Faora was a badass as well.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

I was thrilled with the flashbacks because I went into the film I was expecting the same ole first hour of going into detail on his past. The Krypton part of the film was pretty awesome, and Michael Shannon was superb as Zod... although I would have liked a "Kneel before Zod" XD. Faora was a badass as well.

I didn't say I hated them, they did a good job filling in parts of his past and showing glimpses of how he became who he was. I just thought the way they were inserted in was a bit disconnecting. And I loved the sequence on Krypton, it really gave Zod a good grounding in his character and helped that a lot.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg