http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyDMR1zrulQ&feature=player_embedded

Based on King's novel. Pilot was directed by the same Director as Girl With A Dragon Tattoo and the series is written by someone from the Lost team.

This post has been promoted to an article

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

I watched the first 2 episodes of this and so far its keeping my attention. The pace seems a bit slow and I'm really surprised none of the science or army people on the outside are even trying to communicate with anyone inside the entire domed city. I assumed people would be writing notes on paper and holding them for each other to read.. but nope, no communication. wtf.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Too slow. Most of episode 3 was 2 guys having a constant conversation while searching for a rogue police officer.. in the end the 2 guys accomplish nothing. Oh, and theres a house with a generator that a bunch of kids were having fun in until one guy ends up being a douchebag and couple other kids have seizures. Nothing is happening in this series.. So I skipped tonights episode, I'll probably watch it on demand were I can hopefully skip thru commercials and bad dialogue to see if something happens. I can already tell, this is going to be a series that is meant to drag on until the ratings slip and then they give us an ending season.

Ehhh ... I'll skip this entirely then. Thanks for the brief review! Just finished watching S1 of The West Wing, 6 more seasons to go and a Breaking Bad marathon re-watch before the new and final season premieres. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Well.. the show just got a bit interesting in this episode.. They finally had some camera time on the outside of the dome and things finally picked up a bit.

The military launched a M.O.A.B. (mother of all bombs) at the dome.. the dome survived, but everything around the city was basically nuked.

I saw that.. but now I'm wondering what the hell the show will actually be about. Now that the outside of the town is devastated, I don't foresee anyone from the outside world ever bothering to return back to the dome. With no action on the outside, the entire series will remain based on the internal squabbling and drama of the town. Theres no scientists inside the dome from what I've seen, so I don't see how anything is going to be resolved. There was some brief hint of some huge secret in the first episode that might have been connected to the dome, but it was never mentioned again and the character that mentioned it died in that first episode. Right now the series seems to only have one direction to go.. and its a head on collision into an invisible wall.

The first season ended tonight.. and I think half these people are stupid. Whatshisface from Breaking Bad plays a good bad guy.. I really want to see him and his son killed off. The rest of the characters need to open their mouths and speak. On numerous occasions, a couple characters could easily have busted up a lot of Big Jim's credibility by just talking when they are in front of a group of people.. but nope, they keep their mouths shut. The same people had a police radio.. they could have easily started talking on it and spreading the word about Jim's evil deeds.. but no.. It all goes against common sense.

The show left on a cliffhanger with no actual hints as to what is going to happen.. probably because the writers don't even know what they're planning on doing yet.

Based on the picture in that one room.. "The Pink stars are falling"..

in that picture it basically showed the mini dome all black like it was in the last episode, with pink stars falling on the outside of it.. and since they finally heard something from the alien egg, it said that the dome was there to protect them. So.. I'm guessing a huge cosmic event like a solar flare is probably going to wipe out all life on earth and the inhabitants in the dome will be saved. And if thats the case, then the alien / egg creators really picked a crappy town to save. :confused:

Yes Hank.. Now that I've been watching Breaking Bad I can see how good of an actor he is. I still don't care much for his character on Under the Dome tho.. I honestly hope this series finishes in the second season. I don't see how they could introduce new characters at this point and the cast has shrunk quite a bit since the beginning.