In the year 2159, two classes of people exist: the very wealthy, who live on a pristine man-made space station called Elysium, and the rest, who live on an overpopulated, ruined Earth. The people of Earth are desperate to escape the planet's crime and poverty, and they critically need the state-of-the-art medical care available on Elysium – but some in Elysium will stop at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve their citizens' luxurious lifestyle. The only man with the chance to bring equality to these worlds is Max (Matt Damon), an ordinary guy in desperate need to get to Elysium. With his life hanging in the balance, he reluctantly takes on a dangerous mission – one that pits him against Elysium's Secretary Delacourt (Jodie Foster) and her hard-line forces – but if he succeeds, he could save not only his own life, but millions of people on Earth as well.

After watching this trailer, I'm really looking forward to seeing this.

Official Site: http://www.itsbetterupthere.com

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

It looks like the people on earth are terrorists

So some people all moved away into space, and the remaining ppl on earth turned it into a shit hole, and now want to destroy the colony as there sick of the shit they created on earth

Granted no individual living created the environment they live in but instead inherited it, Instead of trying to change it, they embrace it, and want to attack the peace loving ppl in space who want to be left alone

at least thats what i got from the trailer

could be the colonists fire torpedoes at earth in a sick game of rich people darts, but from the trailer the elisians just want to live in paradise and the earthers want to shit on it

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

It looks like the people on earth are terrorists

So some people all moved away into space, and the remaining ppl on earth turned it into a shit hole, and now want to destroy the colony as there sick of the shit they created on earth

Granted no individual living created the environment they live in but instead inherited it, Instead of trying to change it, they embrace it, and want to attack the peace loving ppl in space who want to be left alone

at least thats what i got from the trailer

could be the colonists fire torpedoes at earth in a sick game of rich people darts, but from the trailer the elisians just want to live in paradise and the earthers want to shit on it

So its North Korea Vs The US minus any plausible racism toward Asians?....

That still sounds interest for me to see at least.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I thought District 9 was good. I never saw it in the theaters and I vaguely remembered trailers for it when I saw it in a $5 dvd bin years ago. I picked it up and thought it was good though. The special effects with aliens / alien tech was well done.

Triple Posts!....

My thoughts

Overall this movie felt like it was around 80% Action with the only downfall being how cliché the overall plot was for Max.

Bad

What was the point in any of the characters speaking in Spanish if it was only going to be in flash backs? Maybe they were in Mexico before they were in Los Angeles. But it still seemed weird once you hear Max with an American Accent.

How it got nearer to the end it was more & more obvious Max was going to die.

How every chance a human villain from has to redeem him or herself they don't.

Okay not really. The one guy I assumed was a villain because he wanted Max to pull off one major heist for the sake of cash instantly turns good guy when he realizes Max now has the to save everyone on Earth. If anything that would then prevent him from making cash off of the people desperate to sneak into Elysium.

Maybe I'm breathing too much into it but plausible religious innuendo when Max sacrifices himself to save everyone on Earth. But then again this didn't ruin the movie for me either so I guess it wasn't that bad.

Good

Lots Of Action

The robots at the end of the movie I feel shocked I wanted to cheer for.

None of the life saving machines were owned by a woman intended for a man that was needed for an abortion.... But then again there were no Aliens in it.

Goofy

I couldn't help but to chuckle at the idea that in the last fight there were cherry blossoms blowing in the wind really high up on this industrial tower bridge in an industrial area.

You'll hate this movie if

You hate clichés too much to actually enjoy it.

Think its message is to communist / liberal / whatever Fox News & Friends would declare it to be.

Get angry at the plausible religious undertone. (IMHO it wasn't that major.)

Also I doubt there will be a sequel to this as everything was wrapped up. I'm still waiting for a District 9 sequel but I guess the director learned not to have cliff hangers (this time around).

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

After watching that Movie Bob review, I'm more interested in watching this now. It sounds like a movie I'd really like. I'm very surprised that the guy from District 9 is playing that action role opposite Matt Damon.. He doesn't look anything like himself.. and in the commercials I thought it was just some random grizzly guy.

It's probably why I haven't seen it so far, heard how disappointing it was. Thanks for the post dude.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.