DeathscytheX

Disney Closes Shop on LucasArts

Posted Image

Disney has announced that it will be laying off 150 employees and closing the doors to its newly acquired gaming studio LucasArts. The decision was based on Disney's desire to licenses rights out to external developers to avoid the burden of failed projects. The games StarWars 1313 and First Assault have been cancelled and are assumed to all but dead. Disney has claimed that efforts to pitch 1313 to other developers have failed.

Click here to view the article

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

This sucks. :( I'm surprised Disney would want to outsource games. Considering how good they are doing with their own movie productions, you'd think they'd want to keep their properties close to home or maybe acquire a new gaming company or even expand Lucasarts.. Maybe there were more issues going on at Lucasarts than whats been released publicly.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I think Disney is just consolidating all the IPs so they dont have like 6 millions companies out there

eppyomega.png

"That fairy needs to stop shouting in my ear, or I'm going to throw her friend I have trapped in the bottle into a lava pit or something. HEY, LISTEN! No, YOU listen. If something's important, just say so without yelling at me. Or fly over to it and change color like you usually do. Just because I'm busy mowing the lawn and hoping I'll find some spare change, doesn't mean I can't hear you." - Link