Kite

Your Zombie Apocalypse Plan?

Imagine your self in Ricks position, You wake up 30 days after the world went to hell, 

Main goal is survival for you and any survivors you find

I personally would seek shelter, but IMO you dont want to have your back to a wall or be too exposed where you can get flanked, Zombies are not fast or sneakey, but can easily swarm you in crazy numbers, 

My plan would be head for the coast

Sea air should increase decomposition of the zombies, if they decompose to the point of ligaments rotting they wont be mobile anymore, and significantly weaker to blows from blunt objects

Also while on land keeping on beaches will benefit in that the ocean can disguise noise and strong sea smell might cover the scent of fresh meat, and worst case scenario, swim out 30 ft and the zombies will loose you.

My main goal would be Finding a medium to large yacht and anchoring like 200ft off shore so i would be a save heaven to rest. eat and most of all sleep

Using a boat it will be easy to travel up and down the coast looking for supplies, many beach houses will be stocked with supplies and rich people will have plenty of spare boats if you need a bigger one or more fuel.

Fish!!  endless supply of food, assuming you are alone or a small group, a couple hours a day fishing will take care of hunger,

During winter you can sail south for more ideal climates, Places in the Caribbean will have coconuts growing near the sea so you wont have to venture in land too much,

Lastly raiding coast guard ships / bases will get you guns and ammo. :)

Anyone have a Zombie apocalypse plan?

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Thats a good plan. Do you have any experience sailing? I'd get seasick and the noise from the water on the beach might make those ninja zombies even more stealthier if you can't hear their approach over the sound of the incoming tide. :P

As for me.. I don't have much of a plan yet. I've been watching the Doomsday Preparers show to get ideas. But the best idea I can think of is to go to some of these guy's already prepared bunkers, kill them and take over their base. Now that they explained their means of defense on the show I can plan on how to take their goods. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

out of curiosity, why do you own a combat knife?

you have the necessary tools DX. but whats your survival plan ;p

Would you stay in the city, suburbs or go feral and live in a forest, would you hold up in a bunker or do what morgan did in episode 1 and board up a house and cover the windows at night?

Sledgie: I cant sail, but looking for a large yacht there pretty easy to drive, anything with an engine is pretty strait forward as long as it is fuelled up and doesn't break, the benefit of an ocean, as long as your deep enough you dont have to worry about hitting much ;p

Ideally while scouting a coastal area ill find experienced sailors, ideally coastguard who have the same gameplan as me

I think if I was in a foresty area, i would find and kill a walker and smash them over the base of a large tree, climb up the tree and tie myself to it to sleep at night, The dead zombie smell should hopefully mask my scent while i sleep and stay stationary. So I dont awake to a horde circling the tree

(Zombies have always been my childhood fear, even ST borg scared me as a kid) so often thought of things to survive ;p

sigpic1620_11.gif

out of curiosity, why do you own a combat knife?

Why not? ;) You can never be too prepared!

g10_zps5c98763d.jpg

Before I was old enough to purchase my own firearms, Knives were my thing.

I'd probably find a good place to bunker up. The coastline sounds good until the tropical season begins. With no way to track the weather like we can with NOAA, it would be dangerous to live there. I'd head for Montana or Tennessee, or some other wilderness state and keep within a certain distance of a river. I'll take my more survivable chance of getting flooded, but I'd prefer a mountainous region like the smokies that are very habitable. The river would supply a drinkable water source, along with food. I'd find my self one of those abandoned cabins and fortify it. I might be able to utilize the river for a small electrical source using a water wheel. It would take a while, but while I still had vehicles with fuel, I'd def work on getting some solar panels and attempting a DIY job in all the free time I had. I'd focus on harnessing electricity on the sole fact of food storage.

The biggest hazards would be bears and other dangerous wildlife, but at the same time they could be a layer of protection. Territorial animals would attack walkers... and I'll assume animals cannot turn, and if they could, they would not be fast movers.

I don't think I'd trust anyone outside of people I knew. If anyone came looking for assistance I'd likely kill them on sight. I'm not going to fall into a trap where someone takes what I have worked hard to put together.

"I GOTTA CLEAR!"

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Living on a boat in salt water lacks fresh water.

If I could I'd make my way to Atlas F 556-8 Missile Silo Plattsburgh AFB New York, but I'd probably get killed before I even got inside.

What I'd really want though might be armor.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Mountain area sounds very realistic,

It would be easy to block off the trails with basic traps that walkers will fall into or get impaled on,  Great advantage points being on higher ground,  Good view of surrounding areas

Thats a lot of Knives DX ;p

Weapon wise, A sturdy axe would be more practical then a sword, as Axes are designed to endure smashing doors in or trees down, Katanas as cool. but they are are way more fragile, especially if you constantly cutting bone, it will dull the blade and apply a lot of stress to the hilt/handle

I think spears could be a great weapon, Long reach is always a plus

crossbows / bows are also good due to them being silent, but arrows will probably be harder to come by then bullets 

Machetes would be a great choice. Of course a gun is preferable in every situation, but silence is key in any area. So would probably be a last resort option

Armour is something I dont get as to why Ricks crew dont look into,

it only has to be Bite proof, Riot Gear will do, any light weight thick plastics, You would want to cover more exposed areas, like wrists and legs, As you dont want to get side swiped as your swinging an Axe or chomped on the shin while looking up

i am getting survivalist nut fever ;)

sigpic1620_11.gif

Katana's are not fragile at all if its a real katana. If you are talking about the ones you can buy off QVC, then yes. But a true janapese forged katana can take several years to make, folding steel over and over again into the perfect blade. http://www.cashanwei.com/category/l6-bainite-katana/4106 < this is made by an American that learned the technique, its highly praised but one made by a Japanese master would cost you almost $10,000.

Face to face with a zombie, a katana is a far superior weapon than an axe, some of the high end katana's can slice through 9 inches of bamboo with a single strike, and the blades do not wear like normal steel. An axe is more likely to get stuck in a body unless you have one of those insane medieval beheading axes which would be far heavier and impractical. If you are faced with more than one zombie, the last thing you need is spending time pulling your weapon out of another body. The katana has piercing abilities that the axe does not, giving you a more versatile way to fight when facing more than one. Even as the blade dulls, the piecing ability will remain.  

The axe as a versatile tool, is superior to the katana. It has many applications as you mentioned, busted down doors, getting wood for fire, and pending on the shape of the blade, you could use it as a grappling hook. If the blade goes dull, it does have smashing power with the butt end if its not a double sided weapon... however, smashing expends more energy than piercing. The edge will not hold up as well smashing into bone, and wood. Its not forged like a true katana and will need to be sharpened more regularly.

They both have pros and cons, and honestly it would be best to have both. If I was on the run, Id pick the katana, but my current choice of survival I'd rather have the axe... as far as guns. Id work to obtain suppressors for all of them. I don't have any rifles chambered in big caliber, suppressors for those would be useless as even with sound reduction its still quite loud.

Heres a question for you guys, what is the smallest caliber bullet you think will be necessary for killing walkers? A .22 mostly likely won't have a big enough penetrating shot as the bullet could ricochet off the skull of a zombie or possibly not destroy the brain stem. I'm thinking a 9 mm will be sufficient enough of a potential exit wound to explode the necessary brain matter to take them out. But against rotting zombies, could a .22 be sufficient? I wonder about this because of the weight of the ammo. .22 ammo is so light, you could carry over 500 rounds and it would still weigh less than 4 pounds. And a .22 would be much quieter compared to a 9mm.

pistol_rounds.jpg

The .22 can kill anyone with good aim. A shot to the head or heart will kill a man. Most people argue it would be the best because its the most common style of round made, but I think that takes a hit due to our current gun scare.. you cant find .22 anywhere right now. I think this would be common amongst survivors.

With the zombie's state of decay, I don't see any problem with the .22 round. In theory the capacity is higher, but there are also 250 round mags for 5.56/2.23. There really isn't a round you can go wrong with when it comes to the undead.

For a good reference look up the show Sons of Guns, season 3, episode 8. They delve into the .22 vs. military ammo vs. zombies.

the FN Five-Seven would be a good weapon. it a handgun that holds over 20 rounds of speciality type .22 ammo.

I'll definitely check out that episode. I think its on netflix. I'll have to check later.

The one thing I'm wondering about is in this theoretical Zombie Apocalypse, are we basing the zombies off the Walking Dead zombies? or any style of zombies? If we had to deal with 28 days later zombies, I'm thinking a shotgun would have to be necessary to fight them off because they'd move to fast to get an accurate shot with a .22 or almost any handgun.

Since the Walking Dead, I'm thinking crossbows / bows and arrows will be impossible to find. Everyone will run to Dicks sporting goods to grab them up.

The more I think about a plan for the zombie apocalypse, the more I'm thinking the best place to hold up at would be one of Amazon's multiple fulfillment centers.

http://www.amazon.com/Locations-Careers/b?ie=UTF8&node=239366011

These places are massive and have almost everything except for guns. The amount of prepackaged and can foods would be plentiful.

I will tell everyone I have a crush on that I have a crush on them. What happens next is open to discussion. For instance, if she was to respond in a negative, I could help with the creation of a zombie if all humans have to do is die to become one. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

this will work

Area 51? :look:

I'm pretty certain that's not an airbase out in the Nevada desert....

I will tell everyone I have a crush on that I have a crush on them. What happens next is open to discussion. For instance, if she was to respond in a negative, I could help with the creation of a zombie if all humans have to do is die to become one. 

That would never work for me as I have thing against brain dead chicks; living or undead.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

The first is a Springfield 1911-A1. Its a few steps up from a basic model and cost me $980 at the time I bought it... its MSRP was over $1000. We tend to get guns a bit cheaper here because there are about 30 gun shops in the area and they all have to compete. Ammo for target practice will run around $20-30 for 50 rounds. A box of 20-25 hollow points will run for about the same.

The Second is a Glock 27. I bought it for $570. Target shooting ammo $18-20 for 50 rounds $30-40 for 100 rounds. $20-30 for a box of 25 hollow points.

The Shotgun is a Mossberg 930 SPX. I bought it for $625, I've heard wal-mart carries it for a bit cheaper these days. 00 buckshot will run you around $8 for 5 shells. Birdshot is cheaper.

The rifle is a Winchester Model 94. I cant tell you how much the ammo is, because I haven't been able to find any. I inherited the gun after my grandfather past away.

With the current scare on ammo, the prices have inflated x2 in the past months. Where I live, its more abundant than it is in bigger cities. To find ammo I recommend always go to your local gun shops. Big chains like Dicks, Academy, and Wal-Mart are where most people go, and people that have friends that work there know when the shipments come, and are there 1st thing to buy it all up.

I need to buy a shotgun. :nod:

Thinking more about my own zombie apocalypse plan:

1) Quickly get to Lady's parent's house. Her dad has quite a few guns and ammo.

2) Once we get them and some gear, we should probably make our way up north to Fort Drum.

3) Winter will be a b*tch up there, but if the military is surviving, it'll be there. We'll have a chance to hold back the zombie hordes.

4) If Ft. Drum is over run, we'll loot the ammo and whatever military gear is left and head for the Adirondacks.

I'm not much of a wilderness survival guy, but I have a feeling we'd be able to survive off the land there.. and with the population so much smaller than a major city, we should have to deal with less walkers. The winters should also ravage those zombie bastards into immovable freezer burned corpses. ;)