Sign in to follow this  
Sledgstone

Snack Reviews!

Ancient Clan now has Snack Reviews! Only a few at this point, but we will be adding more. If you are a regular member please feel free to create a blog and post your own snack reviews. Use your blog for anything you want to post about, but for snack reviews make sure to use the "Snacks" tag in your post to make sure it shows up in our tag link.

Snacks_tag01.jpg

Snacks_tag02.jpg

http://www.ancientcl...gs/blog/Snacks/

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      Welcome to my new Recipe Blog. I will use this blog to post all my new recipes. All of my old recipes can be found in my original blog by following this link:
      http://www.ancientclan.com/search/?tags=Recipe
      Instead of posting any more recipes in my original blog, I have created this one so I can create more specific categories for the recipes themselves. Pork, Chicken, Beef, Italian, Mexican, BBQ, Grilled, etc. As well as using tags, I will have many specific categories just for my blog and some recipes will fall into multiple categories. Tags are useful as well, and will allow us to view everyone's recipes across all blogs on this site.
      I recommend that anyone that wishes to make their own recipe blog to please type the tag "Recipe" without the quotes, in the tag field of blog entries so they can show up in the combined blog Recipe tag link.
      (Edited to fix link to recipes)
    • By Sledgstone
      I tried Lay's Stax for the first time this week and got two different flavors. Original and Buffalo Wings With Ranch. The originals are nothing special. I used those as a base to evaluate the new flavor I was interested in. Original Lay's Stax taste just like Pringles Original except the chips are about 1 1/2 times thicker.

Buffalo Wings With Ranch look exactly like they do on the packaging. One side plain with the other side flavored. The chips were very consistent with no one chip massively over seasoned and because of the packaging, not a single busted chip.

The chips have a noticeable vinegar smell and taste with a very mild taste of buffalo along with an almost non-existent hint of ranch. Overall I was not impressed with these chips.
      Should you eat them?
      If you like vinegar with buffalo, try them out. If not, then pass on them. Just don't eat these with a group of people around or in the office because you might get complaints because the smell of vinegar is very powerful.
    • By Sledgstone
      Doritos Jacked chips are thick, large, bolder tasting versions of their regular Doritos lineup. So when I saw the Doritos Jacked Ranch Dipped Hot Wings flavor I had to try them. The packaging details really jumped out at me and being a fan of the Ranch flavored doritos the blue color really grabbed my attention.

The chips are huge like all the other Doritos Jacked chips and the flavor is almost spot on for what it claims to be. The Hot Wings flavor is a spicy buffalo flavor with a hint of vinegar that gives it a nice bite to the heat. Along with a nice hint of ranch these chips taste good. All the chips are noticeably coated with flavoring and smell great.

Should you eat these?
      Yes. If this flavor sounds appealing to you, get a bag and enjoy the bold taste.
      (Update!) After eating these at work today the vinegar smell and taste of the chips was much more noticeable. A small change of environment and I realized I must have been getting used to the smell and taste at home. Turns out these are a bit stronger with vinegar than I thought they were and a couple coworkers seemed to notice.