I somehow missed the news last year that "Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes" was canceled. This is quite surprising to me because Avengers EMH was a solid show with great plot lines. It seemed like the last season ended a bit rushed with a Galactus episode. Now it makes sense considering they wouldn't get a third season to do more.

Turns out Avengers EMH was canceled in favor of a new Avengers cartoon "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" that will officially debut Sunday, July 7, at 11 a.m. following a one-hour preview on Sunday, May 26, also at 11 a.m. The new series is a noticeably different animation style and here are two pictures for comparison:

Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes:

avengersearthsmightiestheroes.jpg

Avengers Assemble:

avengersassemble.jpg

Marvel's other new cartoon is "Marvel's Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.", which will premiere Sunday, Aug. 11, at 11 a.m.

hulkandtheagentsofsmash.jpg

Source: http://www.hollywood...ble-hulk-426809

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I think I'm more annoyed with the general rebooting of all Marvel and DC properties than I am with a new Avengers series. You almost never see that in anime. Kenshin ended, did they reboot it into an entire new series? Nope. Yu Yu Hakusho ended.. did they reboot the series? Nope.. Spider-Man ended.. Guess what.. 30 different spider-man incarnations later.. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_versions_of_Spider-Man

And thats not even counting the multiple tv series and cartoons.

Gah.. I stopped reading comics years ago because of all this. And it pisses me off that they do this with the cartoons. They should make something and stick with it. Then move onto another property once an end has been established.

I agree about anime vs marvel/dc

The constant reboots is annoying, The new Batman cartoon, will focus on relatively unknown villains, why not just animate the actual comic books like Manga-->anime 

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

That sounds good. One series that I really liked was Avatar the last air bender. Once it was done, they didn't reboot it. Instead they continued the story one generation later. I don't understand why its so hard for Marvel and DC to ever retire or permanently kill off characters. They should keep continuing the story instead of rebooting it all the time. I know they make money off Superman / Batman / etc. But its getting boring for me now. I like how Marvel is doing the movies now. Everything is tied together and there will be an ongoing continuing plot through all their movies for the foreseeable future. They should do that with their cartoons.

I always hate how one property can be portrayed as one thing and completely different in another.

Batman cartoon that was airing at the same time as the Dark Knight movies:

Imagine some kid that watches this cartoon ask their grandparents to go watch the new batman movie.. which would be:

wtf. I hate all the different incarnation crap. :crap:

I think I'm more annoyed with the general rebooting of all Marvel and DC properties than I am with a new Avengers series. You almost never see that in anime. Kenshin ended, did they reboot it into an entire new series? Nope. Yu Yu Hakusho ended.. did they reboot the series? Nope.. Spider-Man ended.. Guess what.. 30 different spider-man incarnations later.. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_versions_of_Spider-Man

And thats not even counting the multiple tv series and cartoons.

Gah.. I stopped reading comics years ago because of all this. And it pisses me off that they do this with the cartoons. They should make something and stick with it. Then move onto another property once an end has been established.

The retconning of the entire universes of DC & Marvel is overkill.

Some of them probably deserved it. Such as if Batman never had more than one Robin. The 90s retcon of Lobo was all that character need to gain some popularity. And Hal Jordan I guess was an improvement over the original Green Lantern even though I think Hal should have been replaced by John Stewart.

On the other hand plenty of retcons were unnecessary or even ruined what made my favorites, my favorites. There was no need for Lobo to have another retcon as he's still barely used by DC. And Deadpool's retcon gutted a lot or all of what made me even like Deadpool in favor of a lot of the stupidity that has happened after Joe Kelly was no longer writing. Even better if they had removed all of Deadpool's connections to Mutants in hopes that it would get away from Fox ruining Deadpool in movies.

That isn't to say I didn't have problems with Joe Kelly either. How he tacked on T-Ray & Deadpool fighting aliens was pretty pointless & never really added to what I liked about the character. Or Before Joe Kelly how Deadpool's cancerous face was revealed after The Circle Chase. And how future artists had a habit of changing what Wade Wilson looked like before he had cancer.

Sometimes I'd like to do my own fan-fic retcons. Although a lot of them are bad ideas. To a certain extent at times I think the original Marvel & DC Universes deserved to continue as much as Dr Who deserves to continue. Though maybe Dr Who does need to end as much as anything if things that go on forever are annoying.

When it comes to Anime it varies for me. I enjoy GiTS Stand Alone Complex over the original. I tend to hate DBZ for mostly being pointless filler then continuing after defeating Freeza. Death Note should have ended after L's death. I think Gundam should have solely stuck to The One Year War. And the Anime versions of Batman then X-Men from what I've seen were enjoyable. But I don't really watch anything anymore unless I find it on the Internet or see it in a Movie Theater.

When it comes to Video Games as long as it improves on the previous versions I don't have a problem with them. Though Resident Evil pretty much ended for me as a Game Franchise when they created Resident Evil 4. But I guess that doesn't matter much for me since the only Resident Evil I ever replayed over & over was Resident Evil 2. And Batman Arkham Asylum pretty much stands out as the only Comic Book to Video Game that matters so far despite that final fight with The Joker.

I don't have much else to say besides "Sorry for the long rant" & will understand if my whole post isn't read.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

What I never understood is why the various Robins can grow old and become new superheroes (Nightwing) or even die off, but Batman just keeps kicking ass regardless of how old he is becoming.

At least Dr. Who has an explanation for why it will never end. He can keep regenerating himself into a newer incarnation. The main difference with that series compared to all the others is that all the other characters get written off or die. Some characters might come back but most are never brought back into the show. I wouldn't mind seeing the original Marvel and DC universes continuing forever, but they should kill off characters, make new ones to replace them, stop retconning and continue the series. They have quite a few immortal characters, so I can understand them being present in the evolving comic universes but to think that the Fantastic 4, X-Men, etc. will never grow old and die seems more unrealistic to me than all the mutant super powers in the comics.

Death Note should have ended when L died. Watching the second season was just a cruel reminder of L's demise. ;_;

I blame the writers for making new Robins. Since Batman isn't going to age there's no point in making them.

There was Marvel's Exiles if I remember correctly but that was alternate universe versions of characters being killed off. There's also the Marvel's Ultimate Universe where last time I checked they were replacing killed heroes with new ones who just so happened to have the same powers as the previous heroes killed off. DC on the other hand I know Movie Bob had a rant about how the new edgy characters that replace Super Man etc during the 90s were horrible. Just a bizarre thought but I think most super heroes suffer from the same issues that Optimus Prime had when he was killed off. That being a large enough fan base that refuses to accept anything new once there favorite characters have been killed off.

For me watching the second season of Death Note was tedious. It only served to make sure that Death Note had a happy ending instead of the tragic ending of Season One. Which to me Season One was the better ending.

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

I blame the writers for making new Robins. Since Batman isn't going to age there's no point in making them.

I forgot about Batman Beyond. Bruce Wayne finally got old and a new Batman took over.. but this series was based in 2050. I bet by the time we get to the year 2050 Batman Beyond will not have existed because Bruce Wayne will still be in his 30s/40s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Beyond

I forgot about Batman Beyond. Bruce Wayne finally got old and a new Batman took over.. but this series was based in 2050. I bet by the time we get to the year 2050 Batman Beyond will not have existed because Bruce Wayne will still be in his 30s/40s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_Beyond

I'm expecting in the year 2050 that Batman Beyond will be mocked by Marvel Fan Boys for not giving us flying cars. Then 49 years later DC Fan Boys will mock Marvel 2099 for the same reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_2099