lol.

I would have made an article about this show leading up to its first episode, but its commercials were all over the place and offered no actual information. I didn't know if this was going to be a new kind of Battlebots where people built their robot mechas and fought them, or if it was some large scale rock em sock em robots. Turns out they had a team construct all the bots used for the show. Each bot is unique in terms of height, reach and armor. And the teams are two people with a small pit crew for repairs. The two person team consists of someone controlling the arms while the other person controls the movement. The teams are interesting, some are MMA fighters controlling the arms with engineers controlling the feet. The fights are 3 rounds with 20 mins inbetween for repair work. Even though they added extra sparks explosions to indicate strong impacts, these bots really are bashing the crap out of each other. Its funny when when punch an arm so hard and hydraulic fluid comes flying out like blood squirting from a massive wound. XD

btw, check out this old clip from battle bots:

Mythbusters! XD

Grant Imahara and Jamie Hyneman both made battlebots. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I missed the episode tonight. I'll have to catch it on demand. George Lucas made a special appearance because his daughter is in the show. Last weeks episode was an upset fight. The robot everyone thought would win got cut in half. It was like a robot fatality. XD

Well, just to bring this topic to a close, I'll update it one more time. :P

The season finale episode was tonight. The show didn't grab my attention enough for me to watch it every week, but I caught all the reruns over the past couple tuesdays and I caught the final fight. Congrats to team Crash. I thought they had it won by round three IMO. Watching the robots fight was entertaining, but there wasn't enough of a fighting variety to bring me back for another season. Battle bots was a great series back in the day because no 2 bots were the same. Sure, these robots were all styled different and had some variation to their bodys and limbs, but the attacks were all the same and started getting a bit repetitive. They all just bash each other with their fists. At least in battle bots you'd have spinning bots, giant blades, flipping bots, etc.

They introduced some weapons into some of the fights, but it didn't feel like enough. I would have liked to have seen different weapons used throughout the entire season, but I can understand that these bots are huge, costly and need repair work.. but still, I think they should have gone for more destruction and different attack styles.