DeathscytheX

What Characters have tugged at your emotions?

Ever had a video game crush? Or not even a crush... just a character that you felt a strong emotional attachment too through tough quests/long series of events, or prolong interaction with? This would probably affect RPG players more than anyone else. Without giving away any major spoilers, what are some characters that affected your emotions throughout your gaming experiences?

char_81629.jpg

Bastila Shan: KOTOR

Bastila was a major character that played a huge part in your quest during Knights of the Old Republic. Although a bit naggy at first, she later became a lot more dynamic depending on how you played your story out. KOTOR was one of those games where you really cared for all of your crew. She was probably the first video game character I felt a true connection with as I went along on my quests. Its a true testament to BioWare's story telling talents tha

12832300735491.jpg

Miranda Lawson: Mass Effect 2/3

Meh.. she was hot with awesome powers. A valuable party member during the heat of battle... her story wasn't even that great until ME3. :P Anyways... BioWare... hotness XD

OtaconMGS.jpg

Otacon: Metal Gear Solid

Bastila may have been the first character I fell for, but years before that, Otacon was a character that felt like a real friend that was there for you. Despite his pathetic first impression, as the MGS series went along, you just gotta love Otacon. He may have never been able to help out physically, but he always provided vocal support and had some kind of gadget or gizmo to help out out.

Even after you capped the love of his life in the face :P

2-barry3.PNG

Barry Burton: Resident Evil

Barry was awesome when you played as Jill in RE1. He always showed up to save your butt at the most opportune times, or just provide you with some needed equipment. To this day I think its a sham he didn't get his own RE game. Since this game is very old, I'll take the liberty of some spoilers... as many times as I had played through RE1. I always tried my hardest not to let Barry die.. in the original PS1 version, it all depended on a few sequences of events and a direction you ran in some pathways to determine his fate. My first play through, only Jill and him made it out, I had no clue that he could die out of sheer luck until I played through again and got that result. The Gamecube remake of RE1 made Barry's story even better... he will remain to be one of my favorite NPC's of all time.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

Tar-Meena from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Some time after Spider-Man The Animated Series ended I ended up with a dislike for Lizards With Breasts.... Something I refused to comprehend. Then I gotten over it once I saw this Argonian Female who was a Book Worm. She inspired me to create a Female Argonian that I would name Gila.

Shahvee from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The only Marriageable Female Argonian (So Far) & the Character my Male Khajiit married. I instantly fell in love with attitude. Something I could use more in my real life.

"Oh yes. After all, what's the point in being miserable all the time? I know life on the docks isn't easy. Sometimes life puts you in difficult circumstances you didn't choose. But being happy or unhappy is a choice you make, and I've chosen to make the best of things that I can."

Ahnassi from The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

I recently bought it to do The Special Friend quest.... Even though I'll have to do that as a Male Khajiit.... Why couldn't my Female Khajiit in Skyrim on the console version have another Female Khajiit as a "Special Friend"?.... I mean marriage option.... Same thing....

Sheogorath from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion & The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Probably one of those signs I have bad taste in friends.... I should know better not to get involved with people who are Mad, but I suppose its because I'm Mad too.

James from Fallout 3

I have issues with my own parents being over grown children. James however seemed like a good Father despite his religious beliefs. Because I cared too much for James well being when I decided to play as a Good Character I could never turn the valve knowing it would lead to his death. I've made plenty of failed attempts to get into Vault 87 in hopes I could change the outcome even though that would be impossible.

Beatrice Armstrong from Fallout 3

She was nice.... I get mad at the fact I couldn't destroy Andy before leaving Vault 101.... Then after that I tend to destroy Andy.... Even though Andy could probably be repaired after I leave & can't come back.

Tali'Zorah vas Normandy from Mass Effect.

Fell in love with her personality but feel disappointed that Bioware went with Human Like Faces for The Quarians. It was more exciting when I thought something bizarre but beautiful could be behind that mask instead of something Normal.

My Cheshire Cat Woman from Saints Row The Third

Its not the fact I created her, but that Volition did pretty well in story telling when it came to the Voice Actors & Animations.

Edited by Myk JL

Those who fight deplorables should see to it that they themselves do not become deplorables.

Garrus Vakarian / Mass Effect

I liked his personality, and he made such a fun romance, espcially in ME3. Plus, he's a bit of a smartass, which I can apprecate.

Actually, most of the main characters of ME, espically ME3. There were some very touching moments in ME3, like Mordin's part. *sniff* And I'm sorry, I didn't really care for Miranda, she could be such a bitch at times. But the fact that they took time to round out her character and gave her a complex personality (not just a bitch, but a person) was good.

Anders / Dragon Age

In Awkenings, he was my favorite character. Funny, kinda sweet, and a good character. In DA2, much more complex and tragic, which really bummed me out because I had a little game crush on him.

Ruined-Tail / Oblivion (mod companion)

I don't know if this counts, but Ruined-Tail's Tail is a companion mod for Oblivion, and one of my favorites. You can install as just an NPC follower, but he has a good backstory, a bit of tragedy, and a fun personality. If you still play Oblivion, it's worth checking out.

Lilisette / FFXI (Wings of the Goddess)

One of the expansion NPCs, she's a half-Elvaan/half-Hume dancer, who ends up following you to the past in search of her father. It's a really interesting story, and I'm really bummed I'll probally never get to see the end of it.

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Garrus Vakarian / Mass Effect

I liked his personality, and he made such a fun romance, espcially in ME3. Plus, he's a bit of a smartass, which I can apprecate.

Ugh I couldn't stand Garrus in ME1 since I favor playing renegade. It wasn't just his persona which improved for me in ME2, its that he'd always die on me in battle XD. I ran with Wrex and Liara. I swapped out Miranda, Mornith, Thane, and Grunt in the second one. EDI, Javik, Liara, and Tali in the 3rd. I should include Wrex in this list. I was upset they replaced him with Grunt in the second game because he did not build that same relationship with you as Wrex did as he slowly grew on you from being a rude and distant Korgan.

I'd give Garrus a chance in all 3 games... I guess its just the way I play that causes him to go down so fast, because it never failed in any of the games. I played Solider every game as well because I liked more firepower over actual special abilities. Although a totally different game. I learned to prefer this play style from KOTOR because Solider/Jedi Guardian had a faster feat progression than the other classes. Plus the use of heavy armor, because in any game I play I'm pretty gung ho and careless unless I'm absolutely forced to be patient. :P

Ugh I couldn't stand Garrus in ME1 since I favor playing renegade. It wasn't just his persona which improved for me in ME2, its that he'd always die on me in battle XD. I ran with Wrex and Liara. I swapped out Miranda, Mornith, Thane, and Grunt in the second one. EDI, Javik, Liara, and Tali in the 3rd. I should include Wrex in this list. I was upset they replaced him with Grunt in the second game because he did not build that same relationship with you as Wrex did as he slowly grew on you from being a rude and distant Korgan.

I'd give Garrus a chance in all 3 games... I guess its just the way I play that causes him to go down so fast, because it never failed in any of the games. I played Solider every game as well because I liked more firepower over actual special abilities. Although a totally different game. I learned to prefer this play style from KOTOR because Solider/Jedi Guardian had a faster feat progression than the other classes. Plus the use of heavy armor, because in any game I play I'm pretty gung ho and careless unless I'm absolutely forced to be patient. :P

I did like Wrex, espically in ME3. Yeah, he's not part of your party, but it was nice to see him come into his own, so to speak.

And I didn't have any more trouble with Garrus going down vs. anyone else. If you have him switch to the sniper rifle, he'll hang back most of the time, and he's pretty good with it. The worst mobs I had trouble with were the Brutes and the Banshees. *headdesk* And that's why I always use my extra power as Carnage because that's the best way to take both of them down! But I think I liked him best in ME3. His character was more fleshed out, and it was pretty clear he considers Shepard his best friend. Plus, he was fun as a romance, probally because he apparently tried to get dating tips from Joker. XD

acsig2016.jpg

I played through the first two making sure everyone survived except for the inevitable once instance you had to choose. I was rewarded greatly with amazing conclusions for all my characters... ME3 did them justice... ME3's biggest failure was:

Half assing of the series ongoing gag by not topping this:

XD

Mordin Solus. I loved that Salarian to death. A great companion, singer of Gilbert and Sullivan (by far the best part of ME2), and all around hyper-active scientist you don't want experimenting on you or near you. He was the only companion I did not switch out in ME2 and used him through every run through I did. I actually cried in ME3 when *spoiler for those who have not played the game* because that's how much of an impact he made on me when I played ME2. Plus who doesn't love his idle chatter when you talk to him in the Tech lab.

Lt. Col. Alvin H. "Chopper" Davenport. Those who have played Ace Combat 5 will know who he is (and yes I felt a strong emotional attachment to a pilot in an flight sim game). This guy was the soul of Wardog squadron and a great wingman. Always quick with a joke, always by your side in the thick of battle, and willing to do what was necessary to accomplish the mission. Due to how old the game is I will post spoilers on this, I actually did cry (and still do every time I play through AC5) when he sacrificed himself in Mission 17 by allowing the civilians to evacuate the stadium before crashing his damaged fighter in it. A selfless act that has stuck with me to this day when I play any Ace Combat game.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Mordin Solus. I loved that Salarian to death. A great companion, singer of Gilbert and Sullivan (by far the best part of ME2), and all around hyper-active scientist you don't want experimenting on you or near you. He was the only companion I did not switch out in ME2 and used him through every run through I did. I actually cried in ME3 when *spoiler for those who have not played the game* because that's how much of an impact he made on me when I played ME2. Plus who doesn't love his idle chatter when you talk to him in the Tech lab.

Yeah, that got to me too! I was all "Mordin, noooo!!" *sniff* And Legion too, that was just as sad!

acsig2016.jpg

Final Fantasy X

Auron was the main. Extremely mysterious and bad ass. As the plot continued on and you finally realize how he fits into the entire story, I felt so bad for him.. The fact that he was dead all along adds to just how awesome he is / was.

Chrono Trigger

Robo, the first robot I ever felt anything for. When he goes back to the factory he was created in, he is brutally attacked for being a human sympathizer, and at another point he sacrifices 400 years and dedicates himself to restoring a forest. Thats some dedication.

Metal Gear Solid

Otacon was the best support character ever.. I just wish his ridiculous plot twists never happened in MGS 2.

Lunar Silver Star Story:

Nall. That little flying cat traveled with Alex through everything. And in the end Nall finally found out that he was a dragon. Epic. :D

All these years later and I feel that Nall was a big influence on other series and games. Navi and Link, Happy and Natsu (Fairy Tail). Nall was a great companion and his personality was great. Funny, ditzy, always helpful and randomly reviving our teammates in battle.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg