Twitch is now deleting all past broadcasts unless they are set as "Highlights" which is annoying.. but I like the new export feature. You can now stream to twitch, then export that video to your youtube account to permanently save the clip. I tried doing this tonight and got an error message stating that their exporting function is currently down due to heavy load.
I have been uploading my PS4 videos to youtube for a while now and I wanted to make this guide to explain how it is done. Until the Playstation 4 gets an update that will allow direct video uploading / sharing to youtube, the only option available is to upload your videos to facebook. In this quick guide I explain how to save your uploaded video off of facebook in HD and then how to upload it to youtube. It is very easy.
First off, you have to have a facebook account and you have to connect your PS4 account to it. If you don't want to share your videos to your friends and family, then set your PS4 to share only visible to you. Or make a group on facebook, add the friends you want to see your videos to it and then go back to your PS4 facebook settings and select that group to share videos with. Once you do that, then follow this guide for sharing to youtube.
1) You need Firefox and the Video DownloadHelper addon installed. If you already have firefox then install the addon. If you don't like firefox and prefer chrome, then good for you. Install firefox and this addon anyway just for saving your videos. You can get them from these links:
As you can see in this picture, the addon will add an icon with menu drop down to the top right of the browser:
2) Play a game on your PS4 and share a video to facebook. Its best if you give the video a name because it makes the video have a noticeable click-able link on facebook. On facebook, go to your timeline and click on the name of the video. This will take you to a page specifically for the video and not a popup lightbox version. You will want to be on the video page itself. If you don't name the video, you'll have to click the "your name shared a video" link instead.
3) Now that you are on the video page, do not play it. Instead click the HD button to initiate playback in HD.
4) Once the video is playing you will notice that the Video DownloadHelper icon is now animated and colorful. This means there is a video loaded that you can save. Click the icon and save the video.
5) For some reason, my screenshot did not grab the drop down menu. It shows the video name as a large garble of numbers and letters because that is how the video is saved on facebook. So rename the video to whatever you want but make sure it keeps the .mp4 extension. Also, if you accidentally started playing your video before hitting the HD button, there will be two .mp4 files listed in the Video DownloadHelper drop down. Because the file names make no sense, simply hover over each one to see the file sizes of the videos. Whichever is the largest is the HD video you want to save.
6) Your PS4 video in HD is now saved. All you have to do now is upload it to youtube. I'm assuming you have a youtube account. Sign in, click the upload link shown in this screenshot. It will bring you to this upload screen. Click the large red upload icon and select the video(s) you want to upload.
7) Now that your video is uploading, give the video a name, description and type in a bunch of tags so people can find your video easier. Choose a screenshot for your image or make your own, save it and you are all set.
8) Your Playstation 4 HD videos are now on youtube.