The manners in the south sounds like almost every place I've been to in the North except for impoverished neighborhoods. I think the USA is mostly a friendly place. I had a coworker from Pakistan who always said everyone is so nice here. "In pakistan as soon as you walk into a store, people start judging you by your clothes, your way of walking, the way you present yourself. Meanwhile here in NY, if someone walks in front of you while you're looking at a shelf they'll say "excuse me", that never happens in Pakistan. Someone even complimented my dress the other day. Its a night and day difference. Everyone is so nice here." I've never been to NYC so I can't say how their manners are or not, I've heard mostly nice things tho.

I have eaten grits once in my life and didn't like it. XD Maybe it wasn't made well.. but the texture was nasty to me. XD I have 4 boxes of tea packets for unsweeted tea in my cupboard. XD I drink a cup about once or twice a week, I'm mostly a coffee person, but my parents drink unsweetened tea all day every day. XD The restaurants here usually serve both, most sweet tea is brisk and served at fast food along with all the other sodas. BBQ = smoked meat. Back before I learned the power of smoked meat people would refer to all gatherings of people eating meat off a grill as a BBQ, but not for me. When me or my friends have a BBQ theres smoked pulled pork involved, or smoked ribs, or something else smoked. And usually accompanied by grilled food as well. If I ever visit the south, the only places I'd eat at would be all the different BBQ. Chicken and waffles and biscuits and gravy as a meal never looked appealing to me. XD My brother and his family will make biscuits and gravy, but the only biscuits I ever eat are the ones from KFC they throw in the box or during holiday meals. I've changed my eating habits alot over the years tho and hardly ever eat out anymore. I go to restaurants like a couple times a year and fast food maybe once a week during winter and every other week in the summer.

I should find a video like this for the Northeast. Everyone hears NY and think NYC. That city is basically in New Jersey and doesn't look anything like the rest of the state. Meanwhile I say a video about the NE because most of NY gets snow like the rest of the northeast states, but if you go to PA or OH, the weather is drastically more mild. Like in OH right now they're having spring with flowers already starting to bloom, meanwhile at my house theres still 6 inches of compacted snow all over the place as far as the eye can see. XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Brisk is NOT sweet tea. Any restaurant trying to serve that down here will get called out. XD  Anything thats premade in a bottle outside of a jug of Milo's is like saying Kool-Aid is juice. Only freshly brewed is acceptable. You can just type in unsweet tea meme into google and there is an endless supply.

image.png.b590247f0f493e2382269cdb463e3e30.png

Grits on the other hand. Its not for everyone, but I bet you had it just plain cooked, super gritty and zero butter or salt. XD Its like eating grape nuts stew that way. There is a very low concern for eating habits in the south. Most grits are loaded with butter and salt. It takes on a more creamy texture. Cheese is a must as well, but its much better when used as a part of a dish rather than the main dish. Shrimp and Grits are pretty popular. Chicken and Waffles are actually pretty good. XD But its not really common. Only one restaurant served it here and it shut down. Biscuits and gravy is magical. The sausage gravy itself is incredible. Its not gravy in the sense of turkey gravy. its not soupy, its like a semi solid of meat and salt XD. That lay's potato chip flavor a few years ago pretty much tasted just like the gravy. KFC biscuits are kinda dry. If you have a Popeyes up there, now that's a biscuit. XD Hardee's/Carl's Jr makes pretty good biscuits too.

My uncle is from Minnesota and hes a super picky eater but likes weird shit like sugar and rice. wtf? He doesn't like any spicy stuff and eats the most bland foods. Thats my view of northern cuisine. XD  I figured NYC is different because it's a cultural hub, but from what my friends that visited or lived there have said, there are no good Mexican places. As good as Taco Bell is, its trash tier. Basically what McDonalds is to Five Guys is the best comparison i can give.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

4 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

The sausage gravy itself is incredible. Its not gravy in the sense of turkey gravy. its not soupy, its like a semi solid of meat and salt XD

That sounds so nasty. XD

4 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

My uncle is from Minnesota and hes a super picky eater but likes weird shit like sugar and rice. wtf? He doesn't like any spicy stuff and eats the most bland foods. Thats my view of northern cuisine. XD  I figured NYC is different because it's a cultural hub, but from what my friends that visited or lived there have said, there are no good Mexican places. As good as Taco Bell is, its trash tier. Basically what McDonalds is to Five Guys is the best comparison i can give.

ROTFLMAO! XD I don't know what nasty diet he was on, I have never heard of sugar and rice. XD I'll have to find a youtube video for food in our area. Theres alot of variety if you go to restaurants, homestyle food diners, fast food places, steak houses, local burger restaurants, italian places, BBQ (look up Dinosaur BBQ, great place), mexican, indian, chinese, japanese hibachi, etc. Theres a huge variety, but I hardly eat out. In terms of more prominent, I suppose we have alot of Italian, german and irish influences in this area. Theres an irish pub right down the road from me, but I still haven't tried the food there. Theres alot of Italian places and we have some of the best pizza in the country in NY. Most places here, you order a large pizza, you'll get a hand tossed thin crust pizza with a decent crust. When you pick it up, you can fold the pizza at the crust to help support the pizza so it doesn't flop downward when you aim it at your mouth.

Our local stores sell giannelli sausage, wunderbar german bologna and a variety of other stuff, like hoffman franks, snappys and mustards. All stuff that came from this region. A snappy cooked on the grill and served with some pan cooked sausage and peppers with some mustard and ketchup and little relish, thats the shit right there. Serve it with some salt potatoes and thats an amazing summer meal here.

We usually cook at home all the time. During the summer I'll bbq or grill. During the summer I'll cook steaks on the cast iron so I don't have to grill in the snow. Lady will make meatballs in the crockpot, served with rigatoni or angel hair pasta, we'll do meatloafs, pork chops, pork loins, beef stew, beef roast, pork roast, beef and veggie soup, steaks, pork steaks, ribs, jerky style ribs, pulled pork, plenty of veggies, lots of baked potatoes, mashed potatoes, homemade potato fries, etc. etc.

btw, I forgot to ask, wtf is a boiled peanut!? XD

Oh, and I have never heard of memes about unsweetened tea until just now. XD

Edited by Sledgstone
forgot to ask a question. lol

Boiled Peanuts are a southern delicacy. XD  Boiling a raw peanut changes the taste. Its impossible to describe. If you ever see boiled peanuts in a can, avoid it. Its not good. Its as blasphemous as those Hormel canned tamales. XD I personally only like the cajun  boiled peanuts. Normal boiled peanuts are just wet peanuts with a different taste XD But the spices make it heavenly when its done cajun style.

I'm not buying the NY Pizza thing. I've watched so many videos of people with their NY pizzas. I fail to see how it can be any better than anywhere else. There are 2 New Yorkers that opened up pizza places here that make it as you described. Their pizzas are big, and foldable. And I do enjoy them, and mostly eat my pizza there because they are local, but its just different. I do like that grease bomb limp crust that Pizza Hut has every now an then, but they use that super processed cheese. XD Pizza is just bread, sauce, and cheese to me. The NY style pizza isn't overwhelmingly better. You can't make cheese or sauce into something more mindblowingly amazing, all you can do is make the bread different. There is a guy from Chicago that makes deep dish across the bay and I need to go try that since it seems unique. There is also a guy from Philly that has his own philly cheesestake shop, and its magical. But hes super old and I bet the place closes when he passes away. :( Same with one of the pizza parlors I mentioned. That dude is old and has like a few teenagers to run the register. He works 6 days a week and closes on Mondays I think, and Wednesday hes only open half the day. Basically he's the only one that makes the stuff and I doubt he'll share his secret and pass on the shop to someone else. Both those shops have like a 28 inch pizza as their largest size. Its so ridiculously huge. I dunno how some people get it into their car. XD The box is so big it barely fits through the door without tilting the pizza. 

We use to have Dinosaur BBQ sauce in the grocery stores around here. It was spicy and so good. Its hard to find now. It was def one of my favorites. We have a pretty good local BBQ scene here. But no one will ever convince me there is better BBQ than what I had in Memphis TN. Our Italian scene is kinda small. We have a few nice little places, and then bottom tier Olive Garden. XD Someone that i knew worked there and said all they do is open frozen bags and heat the stuff up.  Our Mexican and Asian scene has exploded over the past 10 years or so. All the Chinese buffets went under around here with the rise of fresh and delicious sit down places. We have Chinese, Vietnamese, and a ton of Thai places which is probably my favorite. There was a Phillipine place but sadly that closed down. I think the city force them into it because they were operating out of a really old but big home that kinda was just in the middle of a business district. The building probably wasn't up to code and they couldn't afford to renovate. We have a lot of Hibachi and Sushi places, and my favorite, the anti-social hibachi places where they don't have the table and the performance that gets old after the 3rd time you seen it. I love hibachi food, I hate the cooking performance and all the other randos at the table I don't know. We also have a lot of hibachi to go places. All the homestyle cooking places went under too because no one really wants to go out and pay to eat something they make a home. Cracker Barrel is the closest thing to that we have left. XD

Back to Mexican, If the Mexican places there don't have Lengua, Chorizo, and/or Tripe somewhere on the menu, it ain't mexican. Its just Tex Mex. XD Gotta have Tortas, Sopes, and Empanadas. I remember the first authentic place that opened here, they had a menu that was "american mexican" and then the second half that was in all Spanish. I'd always order from that after typing stuff into google translate.  Eventually they translated it themselves in captions. Next thing you know we have like 5 or 6 now that serve the good stuff. You won't find ground beef anywhere at most of them.

Def should check out that Irish Pub, probably the best lamb chops you'll ever have if they know what they're doing. There's one about 60 miles from me, that me and a few friends go visit on a special occasion. They have some of the best food there is. They make a killer ribeye, but I enjoy their Lamb Chops and these Jameson's glazed pork chops that are as big as a ribeye.

EDIT: Oh I forgot, Our seafood scene is our pride and joy. We are the gulf coast after all. Red Lobster is trash. Nothing beast fresh caught seafood. There is basically a strip along the bayway of nothing but seafood restaurants. XD A little more west in Mississippi, there is an all you can eat catfish house, and there are just various seafood and seafood infusion places. There is one little in the know place that has seafood and burgers/steak/chicken dishes. I have some friends that are married, the husband hates seafood, so its their favorite place since he can get a burger or steak, and she can have a seafood platter and both parties are happy.

I've never really enjoyed seafood so I have no idea what the seafood is like around here aside from Doug's Fish Fry (google it to see the menu, its really popular in the tourism town of Skaneateles). Thats my only real go to for seafood, but when I do go there I always get the lobster rolls. Those things are heavenly. I know theres places around here that do large clam bakes and a bunch of other stuff but I've never been to any.

On 2/23/2020 at 2:39 AM, DeathscytheX said:

There are 2 New Yorkers that opened up pizza places here that make it as you described. Their pizzas are big, and foldable. And I do enjoy them, and mostly eat my pizza there because they are local, but its just different. I do like that grease bomb limp crust that Pizza Hut has every now an then, but they use that super processed cheese. XD Pizza is just bread, sauce, and cheese to me. The NY style pizza isn't overwhelmingly better. You can't make cheese or sauce into something more mindblowingly amazing, all you can do is make the bread different.

Maybe they're using canned sauce? ehh. Theres definitely good, bad and ok NY style pizza places. The best ones make their own sauce and mozzarella fresh every morning. The couple places I prefer don't make their own cheese, but they do make their own fresh sauce. You can taste the difference, too many places use sugary canned marinara/pizza sauce. We'll eat Pizza Hut 3 or 4 times a year, but every time its like I'm signing a contract to clean out my bowels. XD That pizza hut will taste amazing but its so damn greasy, the next day I'll be sitting on the toilet regretting it. XD  

On 2/23/2020 at 2:39 AM, DeathscytheX said:

We use to have Dinosaur BBQ sauce in the grocery stores around here. It was spicy and so good. Its hard to find now. It was def one of my favorites.

They have a huge variety of sauces and hot sauces. The roasted garlic honey bbq sauce is my favorite. Their Devil's Duel hot sauce is intense. Heres a video of a guy reviewing it. He must be mostly immune to spice though because he eats a spoonful and has no problem. wtf.

We have some mexican places near me with great reviews and they actually sell mexican food, but I haven't gone to them yet. I usually make my own taco bell american style tacos at home. But even that is nothing at all compared to actual mexican food. I guess I just haven't been inspired to try it yet, maybe because I don't know what I'd like there.

Those boiled peanuts reminds me of how you cook salt potatoes. Salt potatoes originated from this area, if you haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. Really good. They sell them all the time at the state fair here in small bowels with some butter and they're pretty popular for bbqs as a side dish. Heres a guy's recipe for making them from scratch:

Usually I go to the store and buy a bag of salt potatoes, in the bag is the mini potatoes and a large bag of salt, we generally cook it in half batches since its just me and lady. They make a great side dish. Instead of a baked potato, put 2-4 of these on your dinner plate with a pad of butter on top. Really tasty. I never knew what a salt potato was until I moved to this area from Ohio. Boiling them in salt changed the texture a bit. And the outer skin is infused with salt so expect that an intense salt taste from them. lol. But the rest of the potato is a nice overly soft texture like a really well made baked potato except it retains alot more moisture than a baked potato without being juicy.

saltpotatoes.jpg.5a1c9088b5996dddf884d43fa3dc8e0b.jpg

If I come across a can of boiled peanuts at the store I'll try them. XD I've never even seen raw green peanuts for sale before. XD

Nah they both make their own sauce. One guy has a huge mixer where he just makes a humongous vat of sauce daily. Like I said, to me its unique but as a big fan of pizza the only thing it really beats its frozen. On top of that I've never really been a red sauce fan either way. There is a regional chain here called Mellow Mushroom, and some other hole in the wall woodfire pizza places that have pizza without red sauce. They use an olive oil base instead and I prefer that when I can get it. For one it's much better for my acid reflux, and two it's just as moist without the tomato based sauce. I'm not really impressed with making your own mozzarella. Its the most mild tasting cheese out of the entire family and anyone can do it. It doesn't take very long to age. Plenty of places to pick up fresh real whole mozz around town. Pizza Hut def uses that low fat skimmed garbage. But the grease infused crust makes up for it. XD They use to make a pizza called the Big New Yorker, but that shit was super flimsy... it was still delicious though. XD

Salted potatoes look good. I love skillet cooked baby potatoes. Lobster and Claim bakes is def a north eastern thing. You won't find that here, the gulf coast ecosystem is shrimp, crawfish, snow/dungeoness crab, red snapper, flounder, catfish, and oysters. I'd say shrimp is the most popular, steamed and fried. Oysters are a close second for their versatility. You can have them fried, raw, baked, and my favorite: char-grilled. Crawfish are the biggest cultural thing here though. Nothing like a crawfish boil. They're like mini lobsters, but you boil them similar to how you do cajun boiled peanuts. It was actually in that don'ts of the south video when they were pouring it all on that table with potatoes and corn.

But when it comes down too it, most of it is fried just like everything in the south. XD

image.thumb.png.76d28386e5429fb4cf0527241ce70b40.png

Now it makes sense why ppl have huge plates of crawfish to eat. Lol. I thought everyone was just pigging out on them. XD but it's a small portion of meat like shrimp. Seems messy but I bet its good since shrimp and lobster is pretty much the only seafood I eat. Does crawfish taste good with cocktail sauce?

That's blasphemy. XD they are already seasoned to hell and back. The best part or a crawfish bowl outside the crawfish is how the potatoes and crown get all the seasoning too. Everything is spicy. 

I guess I should point out another southern cultural difference. Sauce is seen as an insult on many things unless its BBQ meant for the corresponding meats. Like using A1 or Hienz 57 means the steak is overcooked or poorly seasoned. Its a symbol of something helping you get through a terrible meal. XD This mostly pertains beef and pork while chicken is a grey area. Everything fried is an exception to the rule. Crawfish is so small its not even worth dipping. You pop them and eat them, and suck the seasoning from the head... which even a lot of people down south find that disgusting. Its not like you're sucking brains out or anything, its just the seasoned juices from the meat. XD Now there are some places that will peel crawfish and fry them up. I would say then that if you love cocktail sauce enough its worth it. Once you get the technique down, its easier and faster than peeling shrimp. Luckily around here you can go to a few hole in the wall seafood markets and pick up a few pounds already cooked. Otherwise its def a huge gathering event where a bunch of people eat it. Thus the big spreads you see most of the time. Best to do it the day before garbage pickup because the shells decay and smell absolutely horrible 24 hours after consumption.

20 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

I guess I should point out another southern cultural difference. Sauce is seen as an insult on many things unless its BBQ meant for the corresponding meats. Like using A1 or Hienz 57 means the steak is overcooked or poorly seasoned. Its a symbol of something helping you get through a terrible meal. XD

Lmao! I don't know about everyone else but I always saw sauce as a complementary flavor like some ppl will pair wines or beers with different foods. I like steaks, but I'll always have a little dab of heinz steak sauce on the side for a little dab here and there, even at steak houses, unless I'm eating a marinated steak that is massively juicy like the ones golden corral has (the golden corral about 30 mins from my house makes an amazing steak, surprised the hell out of me). I always use some ketchup and Louisiana sauce with my scrambled eggs, and I'll use ranch instead of butter/ sour cream for baked potatoes. But if someone uses ketchup for steak or chicken, that's disgusting. XD I think sweet and sour sauce compliments pork chops well depending on the seasoning used to cook them, and same with honey mustard with chicken. Not much, just a small bit on the side for a little dip of flavor. Lady is different, she doesn't sauce anything except ketchup and mustard for grilled food like burgers, franks and also fries.

As for bbq, when I make pulled pork or ribs, that's dry rubbed and smoked, no sauce is needed, but I do like to make my pulled pork sandwiches with a heaping mound of pork, drizzle a small amount of sweet baby ray bbq sauce and then top with homemade Cole slaw. That's a perfect pulled pork sandwich to me.

I bet all those crawfish shells must stink to all hell after a day. XD

The only time I used cocktail sauce was for unseasoned shrimp or fried shrimp. I remember liking tarter sauce for fried fish, but that's about it. I haven't eaten fish in over 10 years. XD

How Dare You Greta GIF

XD Everything is seasoned in the south. There is nothing served without seasoning. You have to ask for the bottle of steak sauce at any steakhouse around here and they'll passively look down on you like you're some type of disgrace to society. The steaks around here are juicy without marinade. They'll use some type of dry seasoning. Unless you're someone that likes well done steaks in which you are a disgrace to society. XDXDXD Outback is mediocre around these parts, and I refuse to believe Golden Corral makes any top tier meat since I know they gotta be using USDA select beef. I know McCormick is the most well known, but this is good stuff too, since its actually what the restaurant uses.

image.png.5154a5eba0e5b7c9558c50b3dd6e089e.png

This is what Golden Corral is around here. XD This is their standards. XDXDXD This is like 10 minutes from my house.

LMAO! XD I skimmed through the video.. that wrestling was horrible. XD Maybe because the Golden Corral I went to had just opened they had better grade meat to trick people into quality, so they can eventually drop the quality over the next couple years so people don't notice as much. XD

22 hours ago, DeathscytheX said:

The steaks around here are juicy without marinade. They'll use some type of dry seasoning.

Its more of a personal preference of mine to have some sauce. Steak houses all have juicy steaks with a good seasoned crust, but I don't like the aftermath of most of them because of how they're cooked. Every restaurant I've worked at, or watched recreation recipe videos for, all have the steaks cooked the same way, good dry seasoning, seared in a cast iron pan or griddle to lock in the flavor and finished with roughly a 1/4 to a full stick of butter per steak with herbs. The butter finish on all those steaks is what really hydrates the hell out of them. But I'm partially lactose intolerant with butter. I can grill a steak or pan sear a steak at home (no butter), and enjoy it.. Or I can go to longhorn steak house, eat a steak there and then shit 3 times the next morning. x_x That steak will taste great, but damn my colon hates it. I think I liked the golden corral one because I saw it go from the marinade tub, straight to the griddle, then to my plate with no butter. For me thats a more enjoyable steak than many pro ones. That and its less calories. lol. I can taste that butter finish on steaks. Its not as noticeable to many people, because it blends in with the seasoning and gives the steak a nice glistening look and tastes great, but I like to cut that buttery taste with some heinz 57. A1 is generally too strong for me. If I use A1 its all I can taste unless its the smallest of dabs. People using alot of A1 might as well be eating hamburger meat on their plate because I don't see how they can even taste the beef with that much sauce overpowering everything.

I like Lawry's seasoned salt and pepper for steaks. I haven't tried the Longhorn one yet. I'll look for that in the store. :tup:

Yeah that had to be it, there is no way they could just be giving quality beef away for a flat rate, not even US mid grade beef. My last company was well known for their top quality beef. and it was literally the last reason anyone was shopping there when everything started going down hill. They then brought in this Australian guy that had never been a CEO in the US, and immediately he took focus off the USDA Choice meat we were selling and puts in this Australian beef. We still had the good stuff but it never went on sale ever again and it was always the shitty Aussie steaks that went on $5.99lbs. Needless to say, people were pissed and said the quality was trash. I never had any returns on ribeyes in the first 10 years of being a manager there and all of the sudden it was a daily occurrence.

Golden Corral is the lone buffet we have left in this city.  XD We use to have a lot, Quincy's, Morrison's, Shoney's, Barnhill's, Fire Mountain. All gone, along with all the Chinese buffet's I previously mentioned. The food is just quantity over quality. Its not horrible, but its not better than anyone with a kitchen and youtube on the phone can make. Plus germs. No telling how many people have sneezed and coughed their coronavirus mucus droplets all over the line. -_-; Kids not washing their hands after picking their noise and butt. Now that I think of it, there is a huge rise of eateries that have open kitchens where you can see everything their doing, so nothing can happen like on that moving Waiting. XD There are a bunch of Casino's in MS that have luxurious buffets that I will eat at because of their food quality and how they are set up. They have it down to a science though, as the average person won't hurt their bottom line too much. You have to pay like $30-50 to get in, and the bathroom is on the outside, so once you leave you can't come back in. XD You gotta plan to eat there, I bet they get so many n00bs that eat 1 plate, drink too many refills and get up to realize what has happened. But anyways, the food is all top tier and the variety is crazy. Instead of a buffet line, its set up like a food court, and you can go to each station and get ribeyes, prime rib, lobster, crab legs, pizza, Chinese, Mexican, Italian, and in the center is the dessert island with chocolate fondue fountains to douse anything you want with. XD I guess the key is, no bathroom, and try to fill you up with less than $50 worth of food. I mean who can eat more than 1-2 ribeyes realistically along with other things? And its all fresh cooked. They only put out a little at a time, and there are always a lot of people there. You can request stuff because there are always cooks behind the glass, and a guy to cut the prime rib fresh.

My grandma has the same issue with butter and cheese. Have you ever heard of some type of pill you can take to negate the effects of lactose intolerance? I don't know what it's called, I just know my grandma takes it in the morning if she knows shes gonna indulge that day. I can't afford to be intolerant. It runs in my family but so far I'm unscathed. I know this becasue my unhealthy diet probably has dairy products at #2 in my food pyramid behind red meat. XD

That Aussie meat sounds horrible. wtf. why import beef when theres an abundance in the US.. jeez. I have never returned meat in my life.. I didn't even know there was a return policy for it. I did get a bad package of frozen ribs once, but I emailed the manufacturer of them instead of taking it back to the store and got a check in the mail. Every new place that opens is always the same with quality over quantity for the first like 6 months. I remember when a new Wendys first opened and when one of the burger kings was torn down and reopened, both of those places sold sandwiches that looked exactly like the advertisements. Perfect whoppers, perfect Dave's singles.. and then 6 months later the whoppers are sold with half a cup of mayo, 2 sliver pieces of tomatos that were about the size of pickles, and all pickles on one side of the hamburger.. Wendys burgers started looked squished, but their toppings stayed consistently good all along, except for their salads. Those basically turned half size. After I had a crap, 4 bites salad, I stopped buying them there for 2 years. They're good again at my location as far as I can tell.

Buffet food with the bathroom outside. LMAO! XD That food sounds good tho!

There probably is a pill for the lactose, but I'd rather not take it. I'm still unaffected by cream in my coffee so thats all that matters. If I can't handle butter, I'm fine with that because its healthier for me to skip on all things butter. XD I will get the butter for movie theater popcorn, but I think its margarine so it doesn't affect me as bad. The one thing I'll never eat again tho is buffalo hot wings. That hot wing sauce the wings are dipped in at every restaurant or pizza place, is literally 50% franks red hot and 50% butter. NOPE. I use Smart Balance Butter spread now. Its tasty and cooks pretty much just like butter. We call it "fa-butter" for fake butter. XD "Pass me the fabutter please" XD  Its not the best for my colon either, but way better than butter. I've been trying to eat healthier for the last 3-4 years, especially the last year, so dropping butter hasn't been bad at all. I've actually stopped drinking milk and eating most cheese over the last year too, but thats mostly because of calories than any lactose issues. Your food pyramid sounds horrible. XD My food pyramid used to be topped with carbs like doritos, cereal, pasta and then second would be meats like beef and pork, then dairy, cheese milk. I've changed my eating drastically from 3 years ago, especially the last year. I stopped eating like 80% of all the snack food I'd eat through the day and increased my non beef protein by alot. I've been watching Athlean-X videos on youtube for a handful of years now, instead of a food pyramid he breaks his food down into portions on a plate. Hes got alot of good videos. And I've switched to the plate method for my food along with you myfitnesspal app to keep track and it's been hugely beneficial. I'm never going to be some big buff muscle guy, but the exercises in alot of his videos has helped me with my ulnar nerve pain and the nerves in my arms and hands don't flare up hardly ever anymore. I haven't woken up with an arm completely asleep in almost 2 years now thanks to doing push ups, and some other exercises I've learned from his channel. Thats my goal, to stop having pain.. and its working so far. My legs are still in garbage shape, but thats because I haven't worked them enough. Working a desk job for 18 years made alot of my muscles basically go into atrophy. Its taken me years to get conditioned to finally do basic pushup sets that I can do now. Exercise and my diet has had a huge change in my body. I've had prostate issues in the past and thats resolved too. Hes done a bunch of food videos, heres one of them:

Theres another channel called Gravity Transformation and he has alot of good info too about foods. He has way too many about them, I might skim through my history later and find a good one to post in this topic.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GravityTrainingSol

Its recommended 37.5 grams of sugar per day for men!? According to my macros I'm eating 47-50 grams per day. XD I use too much sugar in my coffee. XD I'm glad I don't drink soda along with my 5 cups of coffee a day or I'd be blowing that number up inside my body. XD My doctor and just about every other doctor around here recommends vitamin D supplements. Winter is half the year here and we all wear coats and multiple layers. Half the year only our faces are exposed to actual sunlight and only in small amounts. x_x