DeathscytheX

Handicapped Woman Refuses Smart Meter - Has Power Cut in the Dead of Winter

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/09/handicapped-woman-refuses-smart-meter-has-power-cut-in-the-dead-of-winter/

The good news is after some pressure, she now has her power back... ridiculous. People that don't pay their bill can't have their power cut off, but a disabled person with health concerns gets screwed over? Solar panels are financially unreasonable and the electric company is a monopoly, its kinda hard to seek an alternative.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

That is pretty f*cked up. To think that they would cut her power off in the middle of winter.. you'd think that would be against state law considering she needs the power for heat and water. On a side note, I did not know that the smart meters could cause any kind of issue with pacemakers. I know the meters output radio frequencies so the electric company can send an employee driving down your street and have an on board computer auto-read everyone's meters for billing purposes.. But I never thought about that frequency messing up other electronics. Kind of reminds me of how everyone had to have cell phones shut off inside airplanes and in hospitals.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg