So with the old sub-forum scrapped, we can probably discuss everything One Piece related - anime, manga - in here I suppose?

NOTE: Any noobs checking the topic must know this is going to be full of spoilerific goodness. 

The new episode was fantastic! First, Flamingo is on his way and then who was that mystery character towards the end of the last episode? With Law warning Luffy to move on, I think Flamingo will be there in no time. He may capture or rescue those 2 from his crew but he's pretty ruthless so he may just use them as sacrifices in the end or not care for them. Predictions, thoughts, whatcha think?

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Flamingo aka Joker must be pretty close considering he is running/jumping thru the air all the way to Punk Hazard.. you'd think a ship would be faster. :confused:

I wonder if that was Aokiji.. He is prone to taking naps and who else could nap in the middle of the ocean? Maybe he froze a block of ice there and passed out for a while. Hes not a marine anymore so he could just be strolling thru the area.

How can they all be partying there!? I'm guessing Nami has to occasionally do a burst of air or something to make sure the cloud of deadly poison doesn't flow back to their area to kill them. And how can there be a cure to this instant death fog of poison? Instead of killing anyone all it does is encase them in a waxy substance? That doesn't seem like the weapon of mass destruction Caesar was leading everyone to believe it was.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

There's a LOT going on in the current arc, just too much. It's brilliant and I spot some slight inconsistencies in design but forgivable cos Oda was ill : / ... next week's going to be a break. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Let's discuss. 

Sledge, I'm going to re-read the whole arc from the beginning and make notes hahaha. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

The Colosseum battles will make for some good animated episodes. I had a feeling all the toys on Desrossa was the result of a DF user... but is it the same one that is transforming the Sunny, Nami and the others into works of living Picasso artwork? If not, then Doflamingo has a couple of DF users on his team that are capable of altering reality itself. Thats crazy.

I have a feeling that the tournament for the fire fruit has another darker agenda.. All those Marines are outside of the colosseum waiting for all the wounded pirates and fugitives so they can capture them... but not a single injured person has walked out.. Now that we know the factory is located in the basement of the colosseum and that there are slaves working there.. Doflamingo might be enslaving all the losers while they are in their weakened state. Considering he is one of the nobles, I wouldn't put it past him that he'd have restraining collars placed onto every severely injured combatant and then immediately put to work.. they'd all be slaves like at Shabondy Archipelago.

The Colosseum battles will make for some good animated episodes. I had a feeling all the toys on Desrossa was the result of a DF user... but is it the same one that is transforming the Sunny, Nami and the others into works of living Picasso artwork? If not, then Doflamingo has a couple of DF users on his team that are capable of altering reality itself. Thats crazy.

I have a feeling that the tournament for the fire fruit has another darker agenda.. All those Marines are outside of the colosseum waiting for all the wounded pirates and fugitives so they can capture them... but not a single injured person has walked out.. Now that we know the factory is located in the basement of the colosseum and that there are slaves working there.. Doflamingo might be enslaving all the losers while they are in their weakened state. Considering he is one of the nobles, I wouldn't put it past him that he'd have restraining collars placed onto every severely injured combatant and then immediately put to work.. they'd all be slaves like at Shabondy Archipelago.

How do I quote something line by line and break it up? I'm too scared to try/ figure it out hehe. 

Yeah, I smell DF user changing people into toys and making other people associated with new toys to forget that part of their lives. Took me back to what Sanji experienced with Violet. She touched him and made him see a bunch of stuff. So you think she can use the same power to erase or alter anything in someone's memory? Maybe it's someone more powerful than Violet? I don't think it's a new Haki-type, so that's out of the question. Naah, that Sunny-Nami transformation DF user is probably different. Not sure she'd transform them into toys. The thing is, you can create a toy like that dog or whatever else and attach the soul of a person to it which I suspect is that DF user's ability, like Moria did with shadows? Wait, so it's someone who has a similar ability except that it's with souls? Is that why they're forbidden to venture out in the night (compared to shadows can't be seen during the day/ in the sun?). Just struck me as I was typing, hmmmm. So it could mean that the original bodies are somewhere else, safely disposed. Crazy to think Luffy's fighting on top of one of those factories. I think it's a place where they make toys only and there's that DF user down there attaching souls to those toys. What if Don gets mad as he fights Luffy and headbutts through the floor and they go down into the lab accidentally haha! Where the frakk is Zoro? Luffy by the way is struggling a BIT in this fight, he isn't easily going to one-up Don. Don keeps asking Luffy about what Garp did to him, does that mean Don was himself a victim and has memory loss just like those families who lost someone and don't remember that part of their lives? That hot gladiator woman and that other badass in the arena who refused to take anyone's aid have a connection. 

*shudders at 4kids song* :err:

How do I quote something line by line and break it up? I'm too scared to try/ figure it out hehe. 

Click the little light switch icon at the top left of the editor to switch to bbcode mode.. then you can use as many quote tags as you want... or quote the post.. then copy and paste each part into a different line, then select the text and click the quote icon to wrap each section of text into its own quote box. The new version of IPB we'll be using later this year is going to be much more user friendly with the editor.

Yeah, I smell DF user changing people into toys and making other people associated with new toys to forget that part of their lives. Took me back to what Sanji experienced with Violet. She touched him and made him see a bunch of stuff. So you think she can use the same power to erase or alter anything in someone's memory? Maybe it's someone more powerful than Violet? I don't think it's a new Haki-type, so that's out of the question.

I think there is one DF user changing everyone into toys and another person altering memories. It has to be more powerful than Violet because everyone seems to forget that person. If they altered just the memories of the spouse and children, then those people's neighbors would be asking where the husband went. If every toy on the island was a human at one point, no resident on the island seems to be aware of it.. which means when someone is turned into a toy, that person's entire existence is negated/removed from everyone's memories.

Naah, that Sunny-Nami transformation DF user is probably different. Not sure she'd transform them into toys. The thing is, you can create a toy like that dog or whatever else and attach the soul of a person to it which I suspect is that DF user's ability, like Moria did with shadows? Wait, so it's someone who has a similar ability except that it's with souls? Is that why they're forbidden to venture out in the night (compared to shadows can't be seen during the day/ in the sun?). Just struck me as I was typing, hmmmm. So it could mean that the original bodies are somewhere else, safely disposed.

Interesting theory. But I'm thinking the toys are their human bodies transformed. It looked like there were hundreds of toys.. that would mean a lot of empty bodies stacked in some warehouse somewhere, unless the bodies were destroyed.. I wonder about the nighttime curfew.. at first I assumed it was because of all the illegal activities that Doflamingo does.. he probably has everyone in at night while shipments of SMILE are exported and the ingredients for SMILE are imported.. but it could be related to the toys.. but the other rule was that no human can go into a toy house and no toy can go into a human house.. I'm thinking that is key to the DF ability. That one toy had 'the human disease' my guess is that almost all toys know who and what they are.. but the moment they speak up they are 'scrapped' / killed. Because the human soldiers don't know who these people are anymore, then to all humans on the island it would be a completely believable disease. These crazy toys thinking they are human.. how ridiculous right? and boom, they get scrapped. All the other toys realize this and keep their mouths shut. I bet there are no prisons on this island.. all criminals and people that cross Doflamingo or break the curfew are probably 'toyed'. Remember that statue at the Colosseum? The one of the great warrior of Dressrosa? That gladiator woman said nobody knows who is actually is.. or when that statue was even made.. but he was apparently a legend.. my guess is that he was 'toyed' he might even be that little soldier that is running around with Franky... but then again, that gladiator woman seemed to know who the toy soldier was.. so I don't know..

Crazy to think Luffy's fighting on top of one of those factories. I think it's a place where they make toys only and there's that DF user down there attaching souls to those toys. What if Don gets mad as he fights Luffy and headbutts through the floor and they go down into the lab accidentally haha! Where the frakk is Zoro? Luffy by the way is struggling a BIT in this fight, he isn't easily going to one-up Don. Don keeps asking Luffy about what Garp did to him, does that mean Don was himself a victim and has memory loss just like those families who lost someone and don't remember that part of their lives? That hot gladiator woman and that other badass in the arena who refused to take anyone's aid have a connection.

I don't think he had his memories messed with. Most of the competitors just recently showed up on the island just like Luffy did. My guess is they'll explain eventually what Garp did.. either that or Garp pummeled that guy so bad he gave him brain damage. XD

Yeah.. I'm wondering what is up with those two gladiators.. the guy didn't seem that strong compared to all the monsters and DF users.. but what about the Gladiator woman? You think she'll be strong?

More light on the toy situation huh. That Gladiator woman turned out to be pretty strong too huh ^_^. You could kinda see that coming with the toy soldier being her dad. Same with that ex-King. I love how there's a lot of story and back-story in this one episode. 

I agree, I assumed the toy soldier was her dad for a while.. Altough I'm a bit confused as to the history of the island in terms of the centuries they were talking about. It sounds like king Riku was an amazing king from 800 years ago after he took control of the island after the Doflamingo family left to become tenryuubito. It must be a family name.. like the current old man thats in the pit with everyone is Riku the 29th or something. Whatever DF user is picking everyone up and converting them to toys must be crazy powerful.. With such a massive amount of powerful people in that pit and no guards or anything, this DF user must be highly confident.

One thing I noticed was the merman guy was talking on a den den mushi. I wonder if he's a mole for the marines that are stationed outside the coliseum.

If the fairies are going to attack the factory from an underground entrance, they might just run into all those people in the pit. It would be hilarious if it ends up being Usopp saving all them.. Imagine Usopp leading an army like that.. lol. It would be like Buggy all over again. XD

Sorry for my forum necromancy, but the mere title of this thread reminded me of the "cover" (heavy emphasis on the quotes there) that I did of the North American One Piece theme song for some sort of contest here back in the day (I'm talking like 2004).... I think I actually won something for it too, which seems insane XD

Edited by Akira13

Go ahead, I'm actually super curious to hear what it really sounded like, rather than just what I remember it sounding like. Either way I think "bad" and "mid-pubescent/voice-crackey" are going to turn out to be valid descriptors for it, XD

I'll say the same thing - the story right now is VERY interesting too. 

Wano brings a lot of backstory and we see SO GODDAMN MUCH in terms of story progression. But, I feel like this battle is too much to cover ... there are so many missed opportunities and fights that we don't get to see because there's so little time to cover it all. 

About the anime - I like the overall art design of the Wano arc but I absolutely dislike the fights being animated in this current mode. Everyone looks like they're going superduperSaiyan all the time and have an aura that's deceptive (could be easily confused with haki). 

I haven't watched the anime in years, but I've been current with the manga for over a decade. XD Wano got me burned out a bit with the slow pacing, mostly because the arc has lasted over a year I think. But many arcs last over a year in One Piece like Thriller Bark. But in the past 6+ months of chapters we have definitely received a large chunk of story. Oh man, Roger and Whitebeard, the Rocks Pirates, Oden, its all been so fulfilling to get some plot line answers. It feels like One Piece is finally on a path to come to a conclusion. But with all that extra back story we now have additional new plot lines, like what the hell happened at the Reverie meeting with all the leaders of the countries in the world government? Sabo was there, so was Shanks, some battle or something happened there but it wasn't revealed, and the shichibukai were disbanded and we last saw them all being attacked by large fleets of Marines, wtf.