Dubird

Star Wars: The Old Republic

So, been playing this for a while and still enjoy it. Taking a break to play KotOR2 with the restored content mod, but this one I'll keep coming back to.

And so I was wondering if anyone else plays, and if so, what your server(s) are. My main is Karisanne on Ebon Hawk, though I've got multiple other characters. Which will all be active as soon as I can get my subscription back on. ><

Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints!

acsig2016.jpg

Been playing since release and I do enjoy it when I actually get to play it (long story but the gist is every time I start playing my modem resets itself disconnecting me, only game I have this problem with and I'm too lazy to call the isp to find out whats wrong (plus working nights makes it rather difficult)). Still don't have a 50 yet though (closest is my 45 Sith Assassin). Ever since the consolidation of servers I've been placed on The Harbringer (started out on Mask of Nihilius and then Drooga's Pleasure Barge). I play primarily Empire on either Aylanis (sith assassin mentioned before) or Ryvus (33 Sith Juggernaut) if you ever find yourself in those neck of the woods. I do have Republic characters but sadly the character stories for Republic are bland and boring (though I was enjoying my Trooper's story when I was playing him).

Not to sure I'm happy with their move to Free-to-play but I have noticed (on the times I do get on) that the population of my server has risen since it was implemented. I'm just wondering if the expansion will add something more to do in the endgame (I've read that endgame is boring (both PvE and PvP wise) which is one of the reasons I haven't been making the hard push to 50 yet).

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

The original KOTOR was amazing, I think I've played it through at least 10 times (it never gets old). I doubt we'll see another KOTOR game, ever (unless EA decides to pull the plug on TOR, which might happen if server populations plummet again). If we do BioWare better do it because Obsidian dropped the ball hard with II (I liked it, it was fun and interesting but it just didn't have the feel that the first did (I guess that's also why I didn't like NW2 as much as the original). Plus I never got around to beating it because Kreia kept handing my ass to me in the last fight). Plus if it was made in the ME engine it'd probably be so much better.

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

Well, there's a group that's rebuilding the missing parts of KotOR2.  Basicly, most of the stuff cut from the original game still exists in the game, they just removed the ability to access it.  So there's a group going through and restoring all of it that they can, including dialogue.  It's not perfect, but there's some little things so far that are interesting.  Haven't gotten to the ending yet; I'm really curious to see how that was supposed to work out.  There's also a group working on restoring the droid planet, which I have just finished, and it was fun.  It's nice having new content to play with.  Plus, I now own a freakin' planet, hell yeah!  XD

And yeah, the Jedi stories for TOR haven't been anything special, but I have been enjoying the smuggler storyline.  Partly because I like playing rogue characters, partly because the part I played through was fun and challenging, and partly because she has a ton of smart-ass remarks, and I just can't help myself!  *LOL*

acsig2016.jpg

Well, there's a group that's rebuilding the missing parts of KotOR2.  Basicly, most of the stuff cut from the original game still exists in the game, they just removed the ability to access it.  So there's a group going through and restoring all of it that they can, including dialogue.  It's not perfect, but there's some little things so far that are interesting.  Haven't gotten to the ending yet; I'm really curious to see how that was supposed to work out.  There's also a group working on restoring the droid planet, which I have just finished, and it was fun.  It's nice having new content to play with.  Plus, I now own a freakin' planet, hell yeah!  XD

And yeah, the Jedi stories for TOR haven't been anything special, but I have been enjoying the smuggler storyline.  Partly because I like playing rogue characters, partly because the part I played through was fun and challenging, and partly because she has a ton of smart-ass remarks, and I just can't help myself!  *LOL*

I never played either of these games yet, but I'm wondering something. Why would there be missing parts in the second game? Was the sequel more of an expansion to the original game? :confused:

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

The second game was a different story that took place five years after the first. The story was far less epic, and the endings were lackluster. The most enjoyment I got out of it was meeting up with NPC's from the previous game. They also added an interesting element to where decisions you made hoping to help or hurt someone didn't always turn out how you intended. (For instance, you give a beggar money, and as he turns the corner and gets mugged because your deed was seen by an opportunist).

While some of the game play elements were cool, the story and the overall feel just wasn't there. This is because BioWare the maker of the 1st game handed the project over to Obsidian. The only other notable game Obsidian has made outside of Neverwinter Nights is Fallout: New Vegas. Its possible that all these cut out parts were due to a lack of time, trying to do too much at once and missing budget, or they planned the common practice of charging for "expansions" that are already locked on the disc... and never got around to it.

For me the first one tugged at me emotionally, I felt a connection with all my NPCs, and even NPCs that were a part of side quests at times. That was severely lacking for me in KOTOR 2. I'd go as far as saying KOTOR 1 is the best Star Wars Story there is.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

They rushed the release date, moving it up about 6 months. So, they had to cobble together an ending that didn't really fit in with the story. I have no idea what the real ending was supposed to be, that's what the RCM is for.

acsig2016.jpg

Kotor 1 was amazing.

Kotor 2 had better game play / features, but the story was very disappointing compared to KOTOR 1

Now on to SWTOR, impossible to sum up an MMO in a few sentences. But Overall. I enjoyed the story element, just end game was very lackluster

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

They rushed the release date, moving it up about 6 months. So, they had to cobble together an ending that didn't really fit in with the story. I have no idea what the real ending was supposed to be, that's what the RCM is for.

That makes sense. I hate when games are rushed. It feels noticeable during gameplay. *coughMedalofHonorWarfightercough*

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Kotor 1 was amazing.

Kotor 2 had better game play / features, but the story was very disappointing compared to KOTOR 1

Now on to SWTOR, impossible to sum up an MMO in a few sentences. But Overall. I enjoyed the story element, just end game was very lackluster

You know, I've heard that from various sources. Is it 'meh' for all the classes, or just some?

acsig2016.jpg

PvP is one of the main issues in ToR, combat is very sluggish compared to WoW

Combat and abilities looks great, but feels slow in pvp. you feel the moves, they are more meaningful then macro'ing 4 skills per button and smashing you razor naga. But this doesnt translate to pvp when you play against players who are not static NPC's

My friend always complained about gear itemisation, too simple

Persoanlly what did it for me was the pace we progressed, In the gear we acquired via leveling, we managed to clear both raids (8man) without the need of doing end game quests or 4 man parties for gear grinding.

And there  was not much to do in between raiding

As the worlds were extreamly linear designed for questing, there was no where you could just chill out other then the space station.

I loved playing the story, As Sith, you really felt powerful. the Warrior just smashes everything in there way working his way up. And the Inquisitor story was very fun, You seek power, where the warrior seems naturally a power house the inquisitor takes power as you progress

I perfered it way more then the Jedi stories. which i can barely recall even though i played the Jedi last.

The companion system is fun, as they are a story gold mine, the romance option should be more developed,. you basicly build up rep. kiss, build up more rep, imply you had sex., and thats it

Edited by Kite

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Yeah, see, I don't do PvP in TOR. I never have anyone to play with, and FFXI made me leery of forming groups with strangers. I'm perfectly happy just playing the stories through. I've started a story for every class, though the only one I've really progressed with is the smuggler. It's been a lot of fun. ^_^

And for the romance options, well, they can only go so far and have it rated for minors to play. Granted, a lot of parents very stupidly ignore those ratings, but they want as many people as possible playing it *and paying for it, but that's normal*. Still, I like that they make you actually work for it. Well, I know the one with Corso is taking me forever compared to regular games, but I think that makes more sense. It's a bit more realistic that "Oh man, you're an awesome fighter/leader, I have fallen in love with even though we've only known each other a couple of days, lets have sex!" that other games seem to do. *i'm looking at YOU, Dragon Age!*

acsig2016.jpg