Sledgstone

Syfy Cancels "Alphas"

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/syfy-cancels-alphas-413099

The cable network has canceled the one-hour drama created by Zak Penn and Michael Karnow, which centered on an unlikely team of ordinary people with superhuman physical and mental abilities that took on mysterious cases the CIA, FBI and Pentagon were unable to solve.

"We’ve been proud to present this entertaining, high-quality series for two seasons and to work with an incredible ensemble of talented actors, producers and creatives as well as our partners at BermanBraun Television," Syfy said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "We’d like to thank the show’s dedicated regular viewers for their tremendous support."

PHOTOS: TV Swan Songs: 9 Shows Ending During the 2012-13 Season

"Sad to say that ALPHAS will not be returning. What an honor to get to play Rachel for 2years & to work w/ & for the MOST AMAZING PEOPLE EVER," wrote cast member Azita Ghanizada on Twitter on Wednesday.

I watched most of the first season and a couple episodes of the second, but it didn't fully capture my interest. Was anyone watching this? Do you think Syfy canceled yet another series that it should have stuck with?

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

I caught it here and there, have the first season downloaded just haven't had time to sit down and watch it. From what I've seen it looked like it had promise, then again half the stuff SyFy has been cancelling lately had promise or was actually really good *cough*Sanctuary*cough*

large.bloodborn.gif.63e152c6830b8c58a589

I get the impression the guys at SyFy have ADHD or something, they make a series, very good one in fact like SG-U get an idea for another show and cancal it to make Alphas, again a very good show, then defiance pops into someone's skull and they can Alphas with little warning

It is like they will only do one show a time and seem to get bored of making it about 2 seasons in

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

Yep, thats how I see it too. I still think that Farscape was canceled because SciFi put all its money into Stargate SG-1. It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

I didn't care for SG-U. It had a lot of potential but I think they chose a very bad cast for it. And the first season was nothing but communication stones. ugh.

I would have loved to have seen the right people on that ship. Like if Daniel Jackson was a constant character on the ship, I bet that show would probably still be on the air.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Wait, whenever I hear the word alpha, a joke comes to mind from my science college days, AlphaQ.

And speaking of cliffhanger ... 

Edited by Godgrave

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.