Sledgstone

Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Series in Fall of 2013 on ABC

shield-marvel-tv-series.jpg

From various sources, it looks like the new S.H.I.E.L.D. television series will have it's pilot episode air this fall. Even though it does not appear to have any of the major characters from the previous Marvel movies aside from Agent Phil Coulson (how does that work considering what happened to his character in the avengers movie?), the show looks promising. Coming from the writer/director of the Avengers movie, it should be action packed. And assuming this pilot turns into a full season, this could be the first step towards a variety of new marvel live action series.

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/24763.html

ABC TV President Pat Lee continues to rave about the potential of the Joss Whedon-penned S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series that appears destined for the fall 2013 network lineup. Lee told reporters at the Television Critics Association winter tour that “We fast-tracked that pilot and we’ll see it a lot earlier than the others. We’re very hopeful that it’s going to go to series…it’s a great script.”

http://collider.com/marvel-shield-tv-series-chole-bennet/218928/

Chloe Bennet (Nashville) will need to be fitted for either a pantsuit or a uniform. THR reports that the actress has joined the cast of Marvel’s upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series. Bennett will play the sixth and final regular on the series. The show also stars Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Ming-Na as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as “gruff rising star” Agent Grant Ward, Elizabeth Henstridge as science whiz Agent Gemma Simmons, and Ian De Caestecker as tech guru Agent Leo Fitz.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/abcs-paul-lee-hopeful-joss-whedens-s-h-i-e-l-d-pilot-will-go-to-series-tca/

Based on the pilot’s script, penned by Whedon, his brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen, Lee called S.H.I.E.L.D. “smart with heart” and “very Joss.” Lee wasn’t concerned that the project’s comic book genesis, which is inherently male-skewing, would make the show a difficult sale to the predominantly female ABC audiences the way Shawn Ryan’s Last Resort proved this fall. “Marvel has the ability to bring out the whole family,” Lee said. Because of that, in terms of potential scheduling, “there’s no question S.H.I.E.L.D. could go at 8, it could go on Sunday,” he said. “But it could go at 9 or 10 too.”

It will likely be the first but definitely not the last Marvel series on ABC. “We’re developing a lot of Marvel shows,” Lee said. “Marvel is just huge for us as an opportunity. We did it with Once Upon A Time, and we’re doing it with S.H.I.E.L.D., doing shows that can really help the wider Walt Disney Company.

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

i am very curious about this show, and how it will be apart of the marvel verse or completely separate like Arrow is

Will they menton Hulk or Spiderman, will it be more of a procedural show like NCIS, or will it be like Alphas, (gvt agency secretly taking down super powered beings)

Will there be mutants, or grounded in reality.

sigpic1620_11.gif

Bruce Campbell: '' This place has more security then the Batcave ''

I'm looking forward to finding out too. The thing that doesn't make any sense to me is that Samuel L. Jackson was never called on to reprise his role in this series. If the actual director of SHIELD is not in a show called SHIELD then maybe this show will be more focused of the lesser agents that go out on x-files styled missions like Mulder and Scully? I hope not. I want to see some action and super heroes / villains.

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg