DeathscytheX

Finally! Giant Squid Filmed Alive!

http://gizmodo.com/5973909/kraken-filmed-in-the-pacific-for-the-first-time

This amazing sea creature is an Architeuthis. Or a Kraken, as the ancient vikings used to call it. We knew the kraken wasn't a mythical creature. Giant squids like this have been captured in the past, usually near the sea's surface, but this is the first time one has been filmed alive in the wild, majestically swimming at 2,066 feet underwater. Its silver skin glimmering in the dark under the submersible's lights, looking suspiciously at the sub with its giant black eyes, the sea monster was amazing, according to Tsunemi Kubodera, the mission leader:

It was shining and so beautiful. I was so thrilled when I saw it first hand, but I was confident we would because we rigorously researched the areas we might find it, based on past data. Researchers around the world have tried to film giant squid in their natural habitats, but all attempts were in vain before.

The giant squid was found in the depths of the Pacific Ocean by a team of three Japanese scientists crammed inside a research submarine for 400 hours and 100 missions. The team located the monster 9.3 miles (15 kilometres) east of Chichi Island, a small archipelago about 150 miles (241.4 kilometers) north of Iwo Jima.

Kubodera was able to find another giant calamari in the past, but that was not an Architeuthis but a Taningia danae. The Taningia—a red beast with eight arms—is quite a bit smaller than the Architeuthis. There's another monster that hasn't been filmed yet, even bigger than the Architeuthis: the Mesonychoteuthis.

The video, filmed in high definition, will be showed by the Discovery Channel soon, in the final episode of Curiosity.

Pretty awesome stuff!

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

it was just a matter of time with all the research goin on out there

maybe those idiots will actually find a squach :P

gallery_3_22_21209.jpg

Look at the flowers

it was just a matter of time with all the research goin on out there

maybe those idiots will actually find a squach :P

I'm sure Bobo will eventually find one... no... no he won't. :P

What always kills me is that almost all big foot sightings happen during the day.. so what do these guys do? They dedicate over half their episode to walking around at night shouting big foot calls while other idiots are out there doing big foot calls too.. and they all think big foot is shouting back. Meanwhile, the sasquatches are sleeping and sometimes might throw an occasional rock off in the distance to make them move away from where they are sleeping. :rolleyes:

This commercial kills me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwj9VEU7YJQ

XD

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

What kills me is that anyone would waste their time watching a sci-fi/history/discovery show claiming to have found big foot as if it wouldn't be breaking news on any reputable internet news source or CNN/MSNBC/FNC/ABC/CBS/NBC before it ever was a special on cable television. :P

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

lmao. If anyone was to ever find anything monsterish it would be all over the internet before the episode would ever air. Just like this giant squid. If someone found a live squatch in one of these episodes, we'd all know about it, the footage would be leaked, the guys would be on interviews on major networks, etc.. instead, we hear nothing and we get a series of a bunch of idiots running around with night vision goggles.

Oh crap! Its a squatch! The squatch hunters should go there and do a night time investigation ASAP!

XD

Giant, awesome ... can't wait to see the footage. Collossal now would really be something. 

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Yep! They caught it on HD video. The footage was of it clamped down onto the food / other dead squid that was attached to the sub while it was eating it. You couldn't see it taking bites or anything, but you could see it hovering there in the water and they got some good close ups of it.

I looked for it last night on youtube and couldn't find it. If you see the 2 hour special re-airing on the channel, watch the last 15 to 20 minutes of it to see where the sub was at, how they were attracting it in, and then all the HD footage. The footage itself was only about 8 minutes long I think.

• Similar Content

• By Sledgstone
      Click the link for the rest of the article. Its quite interesting. It'll be the first time stem cells will be injected into brain dead people. If this actually works, these people could be brought back.. but would they still be the same people after technically being dead? Of course conspiracy theorists are already predicting the zombie apocalypse will happen because of this.
      http://www.iflscience.com/brain/biotech-company-use-stem-cells-reactivate-brains-dead

• By Sledgstone
      http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/gravity-waves-cmb-b-mode-polarization/

Like the guy said.. this is huge. Instead of calling it "The Big Bang Theory" we could be calling it "The Big Bang" - Fact.
    • By Myk JL
      Since no one has posted about this debate that happened last Tuesday I guess I might as well. But its a long debate. And if you just want a short answer from an atheist there's always TYT.

But onto the actual debate its pretty long so don't say I didn't warn you or didn't notice the length in the bottom right.

• By Sledgstone
      http://www.dvice.com/2013-9-30/scientists-successully-get-e-coli-produce-gasoline

Wow! Renewable gasoline!

• By DeathscytheX
      http://gizmodo.com/nasas-curiosity-rover-just-found-water-in-martian-soil-1403908591