As many of you know, God of War is introducing mutiplayer in God of War: Ascension. I haven't looked into it at all until now. Basically you create a new warrior. Choose one of 4 gods to align yourself with, and with leveling up you unlock new weapons, armor, magic, items and relics. Their website is pretty vague with details but the beta will start January 8th, 2013 for playstation plus members.

The only game mode revealed so far is "Team favor rush"

http://www.godofwar.com/multiplayer/

Team Favor Rush – an intensive 4v4 team battle requiring the completion of specific objectives, destroying your opponents in brutal fashion, discovering chests, and capturing and holding Altars, all in order to be the first team to earn the Favor of the Gods. The rest of the multiplayer modes lie ahead. Check back frequently for new reveals.

From the looks of the video above, I'm guessing one of the objectives might be killing that chained titan. But it makes me wonder if that means one team will defend the titan or if it will be a team competition to see who can kill it first.

How quickly people die and the re-spawn time will be very interesting to see in the beta. Same with game balancing. Seeing as a 4x4 match is a small amount of players, one new guy could really screw a team when going against 4 people that know what they're doing.

Has anyone pre-ordered this game? Or are you looking forward to the God of War multiplayer?0

Click here to view the article

gallery_1_23_1357354444_270.jpg

Those big monsters like a Cyclops looks TERRIBLE. The character design too and 0:20 is a THIS IS SPAARRTAAA moment.

I am putting myself to the fullest possible use, which is all I think that any conscious entity can ever hope to do.

Has anyone gotten into the multiplayer beta?

Also, is it just me or does it sound like the single player game is stealing some aspects from 'Prince of Persia: Warrior Within'?

http://www.godofwar.com/en-us/game/

Kratos can now steal weapons from his enemies, acquiring powerful secondary attacks, allowing for unimaginable vicious combo attacks and new strategies. Combine the Blades of Chaos with your enemies' weapons for the most lethal attacks.

Not only will you use Kratos' new Life Cycle mechanic ability to control the flow of time in various environments to solve the secrets of some of the grandiose obstacles you will encounter, but you will also use it to freeze enemies during combat. Shift the power of time to slay your enemies.

Nah, Could be a little inspiration. Since God of War, just about every type of game in this genera has stolen from the series. The single player needed a nice revamp before it got stale. In previous games the weapons outside the Blades of Chaos couldn't compare... Sword of Zeus was kinda cool, but the Blades were just so much better. It looks to me that you'll just have a secondary that you've stolen and you can interchange them out as you see fit when you encounter certain enemies who's weapon you like. Or maybe instead of 3 fixed secondary weapons you find throughout the game, you'll just have 3 slots to interchange giving you a variety of weapons. This would be my preferred method. There is always that one weapon you don't want to give up for another, and this would allow you to keep it while experimenting with others without regretting swapping them out. It would also conform with the button layout of the previous games.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

The Cestus was a devastating weapon up close. Its a shame it was so much slower than the blades. It was definitely the weapon I used the most against bosses. The damage per hit was huge. :nod:

What do you think was the weakest or most pointless weapon / power in the previous God of War games?

I hated the Army of Hades spell from the first GoW. Sure it was powerful, but you could only use it twice before all your magic was depleted.

I loved Army of Hades, because max it lasted a good bit for the magic it costs you. I only used it on mini bosses that annoyed me, otherwise it was Poseidon's rage FTW. Atlas Quake and Army of Sparta are my other two favorites.

Medusa's/Euryale's Gaze was useless to me. I didn't have time to turn people into stone while I was savagely destorying everyone in my path.

arkdx.png.64ca27dc941fbf5e58b02fbc705175b8.png
GET A NEW FUNK ON BEFORE YOU GET DUMPED ON!

It looks good. :tup:

Medusa's/Euryale's Gaze was one of the funnest weapons to play with for me. I always maxed it out. You'd be surprised how many strong enemies could be instant stoned and then shattered using that thing in the latter parts of the game.

btw, have you seen the video from E3 2012? It shows a lot of good footage of the single player mode from when it was still in production:

I downloaded the multiplayer beta today and tried it out. Turns out the beta is already over. But I was able to do the training. The multiplayer does not really appeal to me. It plays like God of War, but it doesn't feel like it at all. Because its only 4 vs 4 or 8 vs 8, its nothing like the usual GoW, with Kratos destroying hundreds of enemies. If anything it feels like a fighting game, except in a 3d environment.

It sounds like it will be a good game. In the multiplayer demo I had a chance to have the character pick up a battle hammer that was useable with the circle button. Once I chucked the hammer, it reverted to a kicking attack.

I'm still a bit confused with the time line. I'm guessing unlike the other games where Kratos somehow losses his powerups at the beginning of the game, at the end of this game he will somehow loose all his powerups because then God of War 1 starts.

I wonder if they are doing this prequel game because they wanted more time to figure out a plausible sequel to GoW 3.